Bluetooth streaming

jimmybond

Reaction score
First Audi arriving - first post.

I'm a techno freak and love gadgets. After doing tons of research I have found that older Audis don't have A2DP (Bluetooth music streaming) although there was a rumoured software update. I am getting an 09/10 A5 with MMI 3G and have asked the dealer to check for updates on the software although the salesman seemed to think there wont be any.

Does anyone know if these older cars did get the update or whether an after market adapter is needed (Audi do sell one called Bluetooth Adapter funnily enough) and there are other after market modules in the states.

Anyone know the definitive answer
smile.png

Many thanks...

3G+ has bluetooth streaming, not 3G, sorry.

There was a bluetooth streaming option for the AMI but it was for the 2G system and has been discontinued.

Yeah why did they remove that from the catalogue as had numerous people wanting it, you know of an alternatve dongle for the ami Craig?

You tested it yet or new to market, man thats cool for some clients if its good.

For the price, why don't you try one of these, I bought a similar product and it worked in my A2 with an Ipod interface.

Bluetooth Music Receiver Dongle Adapter for Iphone 5 4s Ipod Samsung 4 Bose etc | eBay

hi8craig

In my q7 i don't have the AMI connection in the glove box or underneath the conformt armrest.

Do you know if the above dongle will work with my q7 ?

(I have paired my ipod with Bluetooth in the car- but of course can't play any music)

if it does work , it would be a cheap solution rather than buying a Denison or retrofitting an AMI (if it,can be retro fitted)

(I am assuming I will have to select music on the iPod as it won't appear on,the MMI)