Bluetooth streaming music from phone now working :-)

Furryhobnob

Reaction score
My a6 has loads of extras, but the fact it only does Bluetooth calling and not streaming did my head in, my car has the built in hard drive but it didn't have an ami port, so I bought a cable from B5nut on here as he's scrapping his a6 so I could retrofit ami, this exact cable

And I also bought this

After getting the hidden green menu activated I was able to change my settings in there to activate it, it was a glovebox out job, 5 bolts and 1 on the side under the cover where the fuses are, and you could then plug the cable into the relevant places, had to push out a bit of plastic in the glove box for the lead so the bluetooth tune2air could sit in the glovebox, and voila I now have working streaming via Spotify on my Samsung s7 edge, pretty neat job too

A big thanks to 1wheelonly on here, without his help with vcds and his knowhow in general, it would have took me alot longer to fit

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Steveredman
So is it plug and play?
The cable is pretty much plug and play, once you have the glovebox off it plugs into 2 places, then you need to activate the hidden green menu in vcds, once that is activated you can go into green menu by pressing setup and car together for 5 seconds, and activate ami so when you press media it shows the ami, you can then connect an ami lead for an iPhone/iPod, or do as I did and plug in a viseoo tune2air so you can stream music from your phone, if you have iTunes it displays the track information on the screen, if you're using an Android device like me it doesn't display the track, but you can change volume or track via the controls on the steering wheel, if you don't have ami on your 3G car, all you need is access to vcds, and one of these leads from ebay

Last edited:
Also enabled video in motion while in vcds, so the missus and little one can now watch a dvd on a long journey

My dvd player is in the glovebox not the boot, I just put a disc in and it plays no matter what speed I'm going, before you activate video in motion the dvd will cut off when you reach 10mph

My dvd player is in the glovebox not the boot, I just put a disc in and it plays no matter what speed I'm going, before you activate video in motion the dvd will cut off when you reach 10mph

Ah, was the dvd player a separate option?
I have a 6 cd changer in the glovebox and that is it, I have the audi dvd nav unit in the boot though, would I be able to play dvds through that?

Ah, was the dvd player a separate option?
I have a 6 cd changer in the glovebox and that is it, I have the audi dvd nav unit in the boot though, would I be able to play dvds through that?
I don't think so, my sat nav is on a hard drive, and the dvd player is separate

@Furryhobnob ,

Great thread, pretty much exactly what I want to do...I have previously mentioned in a thread which you did comment on... but should have jumped on this one.
SO.....

I have an 2006 Avant, Le Mans. CD Changer in glove box, no SD ports.
MMI is 2G I'd imagine.

Here's what I need clearing up...as I'm really simple when it comes to this sort of stuff....

Is all I need, the AMI cable from the first pic and the ViseeO Bluetooth connector?
Then I need to get my CD changer out, glove box out, plug in AMI, retro fit through into glovebox, fit ViseeO, access VCDS, activate some schizz on that including this 'secret green screen', throw the CD changer at a passing Citroën/Peugeot/Renault and enjoy seamlessly connecting my iPhone to call and play my music?

If I've missed anything (including other French car manufacturers), please help me out as its virtually the ONLY thing that really does me in on this machine.

I need to update my SatNav also...but that's for another day and several other dollars....

Thank you in advance.

Keith (running on empty, cognition all time low).

Reactions: spottedhaggis
@Furryhobnob ,

Great thread, pretty much exactly what I want to do...I have previously mentioned in a thread which you did comment on... but should have jumped on this one.
SO.....

I have an 2006 Avant, Le Mans. CD Changer in glove box, no SD ports.
MMI is 2G I'd imagine.

Here's what I need clearing up...as I'm really simple when it comes to this sort of stuff....

Is all I need, the AMI cable from the first pic and the ViseeO Bluetooth connector?
Then I need to get my CD changer out, glove box out, plug in AMI, retro fit through into glovebox, fit ViseeO, access VCDS, activate some schizz on that including this 'secret green screen', throw the CD changer at a passing Citroën/Peugeot/Renault and enjoy seamlessly connecting my iPhone to call and play my music?

If I've missed anything (including other French car manufacturers), please help me out as its virtually the ONLY thing that really does me in on this machine.

I need to update my SatNav also...but that's for another day and several other dollars....

Thank you in advance.

Keith (running on empty, cognition all time low).
If you have mmi 2g you will need the ami box, which you put in place of your cd player , as I've got mmi 3g I only needed the Ami cable that I retrofitted and was able to keep my cd player

If you have mmi 2g you will need the ami box, which you put in place of your cd player , as I've got mmi 3g I only needed the Ami cable that I retrofitted and was able to keep my cd player

I was afraid of that...as you had mentioned it in the thread I started.
AMI Box...that completely takes place of the CD Changer (I don't care for the changer, I have no CD's!!), so remove and replace, I'm assuming out of sight. Plug and play, like for like? Once THAT Box is in, do I then just need the likes of that ViseeO Bluetooth connector? If so, do I have to put the connector in view, or can that also get tucked out of the way?
AND....as I'm rubbish at this sort of stuff, who would do this sort of work?!

Give me nuts, bolts, gaskets, pumps, compressors and dirty dirty oil any day...but fiddly stuff, that just ends me :cry:

I was afraid of that...as you had mentioned it in the thread I started.
AMI Box...that completely takes place of the CD Changer (I don't care for the changer, I have no CD's!!), so remove and replace, I'm assuming out of sight. Plug and play, like for like? Once THAT Box is in, do I then just need the likes of that ViseeO Bluetooth connector? If so, do I have to put the connector in view, or can that also get tucked out of the way?
AND....as I'm rubbish at this sort of stuff, who would do this sort of work?!

Give me nuts, bolts, gaskets, pumps, compressors and dirty dirty oil any day...but fiddly stuff, that just ends me :cry:
Yeah it's a straight swap, the ami unit is similiar in size to the cd changer in the glovebox, once you've fitted the ami unit you can get a ami to ipod adapter to play music that way, or you can buy the viseoo tune2air that plugs into the ami unit, you then connect to that via Bluetooth from your phone/tablet etc, and play your music from Spotify, deezer, YouTube, iTunes and any other source for music, you just press the media button on your console and select ami once it's all fitted

The cheapest I can see on ebay now is around £300 for the ami unit, and it will be a further £60ish for the viseoo tune2air if you shop around, I have seen the ami units pop up on the classifieds here for around the £150 mark, maybe put up a wanted ad?
e0f78a98e47b07f1ac52d7332b401768.jpg
8d33618c535d7eb2efc618bd7aa448cb.jpg
8a4ac36745814fa4a5805752df485f9f.jpg

Or of course you could get the Dension 500BT that goes inline with the multichanger and adds USB, iPod control, Aux and Bluetooth Streaming without any VCDS changes

Supplied by Dension. It fits either in place of or alongside the cd changer. It connects using factory MOST fibre connections. It adds Bluetooth to the system and acts as if ts a factory Bluetooth. If you have factory Bluetooth I think you need to disconnect it.
It adds aux, USB, iPod, streaming, etc. all from a small unit that mounts in the glovebox or similar. You can add an additional unit for about £120 that adds DAB also

Oh, and the argument for this over AMI is that it’s cheaper and adds more options.
It operates as if a factory unit. Music text is shown on screen. It is operated by MFSW, etc.

Oh, and the argument for this over AMI is that it’s cheaper and adds more options.
It operates as if a factory unit. Music text is shown on screen. It is operated by MFSW, etc.
The ami will also show text on screen, and can be operated by the controls on the steering wheel, can you control the songs from the steering wheel with the denison? If so I might look into it as I'd like to add dab, I havnt read much about the denisons but what I have read it hasn't been great? Maybe I should look more into it

Yes, MFSW = multi function steering wheel.

There are a couple of people on here who have a real downer on the Dension but I know loads of people with them and none of them have had any problems.

I even one person on here attack me and claim I worked for Dension as they were so adamant that I wouldn’t praise them otherwise

Yes, MFSW = multi function steering wheel.

There are a couple of people on here who have a real downer on the Dension but I know loads of people with them and none of them have had any problems.

I even one person on here attack me and claim I worked for Dension as they were so adamant that I wouldn’t praise them otherwise
I'll look into them some more then, like I said from what I read on here and other places the denison doesn't get talked about highly, where as the ami unit once fitted is seamless

i have factory fitted ami port and 6 cd changer in the glove box
so will this dongle work as a plug and play option for me?

i have factory fitted ami port and 6 cd changer in the glove box
so will this dongle work as a plug and play option for me?
You just need a viseoo tune2air, plug that straight into your ami port and you'll be able to stream music from your phone to the car via Bluetooth, merry Christmas

Reactions: corradovr32
Great thread and just what I need (I think).

I have 3G MMI HDD so to recap I need to:

- get and fit the AMI cable
- reprogram MMI to turn cable on
- get the Tune2Air cable

Have I missed anything?

Thanks in advance

M

Hi All,

Sorry yo jump on this thread, but i have a Bury crystal cc9060 which was already fitted to the vehicle when i bought it, i can Bluetooth phone calls through it also it can stream music, but when i try to it won't play through the speakers, but the Bluetooth kit is working as the music showing on the device any ideas pls?
This is the device i have in the car.

Attachments

• Burycc9060.jpg
    Burycc9060.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 331
Great thread and just what I need (I think).

I have 3G MMI HDD so to recap I need to:

- get and fit the AMI cable
- reprogram MMI to turn cable on
- get the Tune2Air cable

Have I missed anything?

Thanks in advance

M
That's correct

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk