Bluetooth Music Streaming 2g MMI

Charles Tait

Reaction score
Hi all, got a 10 plate A5 with MMI 2g.

I'd like to know if it's possible to steam music through the bluetooth in the car. The fact that sometimes if I se google maps it sometimes (switches screen to green telephone interface) and directions comes through the speakers and shows that I'm 'dialling my own number'

So there must be some way of steaming music…..and app or something :(

Googled it and people are talking about $200 for the kit….but think its for 3g.

Anyone shed some light on the matter.

Cheers

Charlie

Charlie, not possible with the Audi BT kits I'm afraid, very annoying as the VW kits provide this and much more.

The only real option you've got is if you've got the iPod kit, get the Tune2Air adapter by Viseeo. If you don't have the iPod kit, then you're quite stuck and the only option is to either get the iPod kit, or install an aftermarket BT kit that supports BT streaming (such as the Viseeo MOST or Dension 500).

Hi all, got a 10 plate A5 with MMI 2g.

I'd like to know if it's possible to steam music through the bluetooth in the car. The fact that sometimes if I se google maps it sometimes (switches screen to green telephone interface) and directions comes through the speakers and shows that I'm 'dialling my own number'

So there must be some way of steaming music…..and app or something :(

Googled it and people are talking about $200 for the kit….but think its for 3g.

Anyone shed some light on the matter.

Cheers

Charlie

2010 should be well into 3G.

Post a pic of your main screen and control panel.

I've got the docking bit on the car under the arm rest.....I'm guessing that's the attachment you mean...?

Just looked it up :( it doesn't have the iPod cable :(

What do you have exactly?

Something like the image below?

Qu dv 10022

If so that's the old style iPod dock. You can still use Tune2Air you just won't get any track info.

Last edited by a moderator: