Bluetooth Mic Location etc

RSW46

Reaction score
Hi all,

My A3 8P is a 2008 model with the Audi Concert head unit and MFSW. It does have Bluetooth and I've got my phone all set up to make calls and scroll through the phone book etc, but the people on the other end of the phone complain of poor call quality, so I was wondering if anyone knows where the mic is located. I've had a look about in what I thought were the obvious places but haven't been able to find it.

Also, the volume on my end seems very low, even with the call volume on my car cranked up to 11 and on the phone also. If I'm on the motorway for example its really hard to have a conversation because even if they can deal with me sounding like I'm in a fish tank, I can't hear them!

Any ideas? It would be nice to have this fully functioning as at the moment I have to plug the phone in to the aux and make calls that way which isn't too convenient.

Thanks!

Anyone able to help? I'd quite like to get decent bluetooth in my car!

Is the Bluetooth antenna on the module ok? Connected properly? when people complained of low quality sound it was my antenna, it's / should be connected to the module in the box under the carpet under the passenger seat

Reactions: RSW46
Is the Bluetooth antenna on the module ok? Connected properly? when people complained of low quality sound it was my antenna, it's / should be connected to the module in the box under the carpet under the passenger seat

Hi mate, thanks for the reply! I just had a look at what I think is the bluetooth antenna and all looks to be okay, I couldn't find any loose connections etc. Is this the correct part? Under the black plastic panel under the passenger seat? Or is the antenna actually under the carpet?

Pretty sure the mic is up where the front interior light is

The mic is in the ceiling light yes. The Bluetooth module is in the black box to the left that you can see in that pic, those connections are for the seat itself, airbag, heating etc. take a look at the mic first I suppose, as it easier to get to, if you do want to check the antenna you need to undo the 4 spline bolts on the seat runners, 2 front 2 back, have the key out if the ignition if you do take the seat out to have a check

Thanks very much for the replies, now I know where the mic is I'll take a look after work. Ahh I see, I'll try and get to the Bluetooth module at some point then, maybe the weekend if I have to take the seat out and I'll see how I get on! Thanks again, I'll update the thread once I've had a look :)

I suppose another way you could rule out the antenna is by putting the phone on the carpet directly above it, under the seat, mine worked as it should when it was only a couple of inches away but quality took a jump off a cliff from the 2 foot distance you would be if you are in the drivers seat and the phones in your right pocket.

Well mine does work, just the person on the other end says I'm really quiet and it sounds like I'm "in a fish tank" lol. I'll check out the mic first when I get a chance, maybe the hole is blocked up or something, cheers though mate I appreciate it.

Yea that's what they started saying, apart from I was "in a tuna can"

My bluetooth is really strong. My phone will connect 40ft away to the road where the car is parked