Bluetooth Low Volume

Opidalo

Reaction score
I wondered if anyone can point me in the right direction; I noticed a few weeks ago that the volume of my bluetooth calls in my car (57 Plate A3 Sportback) comes out very low and I am now struggling to have a conversation at high speeds / on the motorway. I can't fathom what button I might have touched to activate a reduction in the output volume, but having gone through the manual and even turning up the volume of the call while I'm on it doesn's seem to have worked. The radio/CD functions still have normal sound volume. Thanks.

Have you tried adjusted the volume on your phone whilst on your call. As the phone has independent volume for Bluetooth calls (depending on the phone)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you tried adjusted the volume on your phone whilst on your call. As the phone has independent volume for Bluetooth calls (depending on the phone)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi Mike, thanks for your reply. Unfortunately I have tried doing that and it displays the volume at being on max on both my phone and on the cars display unit, thanks.

Having actually the same problem. Would be great to know the reason and the solution :) thanks

Tapatalkkal küldve az én SM-G935F eszközömről

Thank you so much for your reply nluk100!

Connecting to car (bluetooth) and the volume is way too low! I turn on the max volume on my head unit in the car during call and even this way it is too low.

Also trying to adjust the phone (s7 edge) "output" level during call ... but it won't go above appr. 75% (but in my opinion .. even on 75% it should be way louder).
Downloaded booster apps ... they can't override the bluetooth output volume on my phone!

Tried to access the BT modul through VCDS, there is a max boost of +6db ... ... it didn't solve the problem :S
Which exact chapter/part on VCDS should I adjust it? Would be greatful to know.

Any solution on this?? Would be just great if I can have the full control over volume! Thanks

Ps: It is absolutely the same with an iphone!

Did you try to use the steering wheel volume controls during a call to turn up the volume? To be fair, it should do the same as the headunit volume control, but worth a try. I have mine set to +3db via the BT module and it is OK for me.

If you have RNS-E you could try accessing the admin mode to see if this may help you?

Yepp. Tried everything. Volume on the mfsw and head unit. Vcds set +6db and meanwhile i managed to increase the vol.level on my phone to 100% as well .. nothing changed :S

I'm thinking about the cables as the women's voice in the handsfree system is also low ... but the hifi itself sounds good when NOT in phone mode.

Btw. I'm using concert 2+

Tapatalkkal küldve az én SM-G935F eszközömről

I had same issue. Volume just went one day, so now it's really low. Tried all settings on phone and the Audi concert but still no joy

I wondered if anyone can point me in the right direction; I noticed a few weeks ago that the volume of my bluetooth calls in my car (57 Plate A3 Sportback) comes out very low and I am now struggling to have a conversation at high speeds / on the motorway. I can't fathom what button I might have touched to activate a reduction in the output volume, but having gone through the manual and even turning up the volume of the call while I'm on it doesn's seem to have worked. The radio/CD functions still have normal sound volume. Thanks.

I had the exact same problem and appear to have just sorted mine. Since updating my IOS and or my kids playing with my phone my Equaliser setting were set to night mode I also had volume control turned on. For me this was on my iPhone setting, music, playback setting and then I turned EQ off and volume control off and it not as loud as I want. Previously before changing this I could turn it up in call, on the main volume or steering wheel volume and it did nothing. Hope it works for you too.