Bluetooth advice needed please

ronquinn

Reaction score
Hello all

I have just bought an A4 2.0 tdi yesterday and just joined the forums 5 mins ago!
I was told that it did not have telephone preparation installed but I could get Audi to install it. The parts department of my local audi dealer said that because the manufacture of my car was in Feb 08 that the Telephone preparation could not be added to the existing MMI! Is this really really the case?? Surely Audi would not have designed the system like this. I do not want an external system such as a parrot or Bury kit clutering up the dash.
Can any experts on the forum please lend me some advice.
many thanks for your help in advance
Ron Quinn
Belfast Northern Ireland

First thing is to sit in the car and turn on the ignition and then search for Bluetooth devices with a telephone handset.

If not then you are on the retrofit road. Not sure who might do it in your neck of the woods but there are a couple of places over here.

If you wanted to do it yourself try Kufatec.de.

Hi Stu

Thanks for the replu , noit definetely does not have Bluetooth installed. I do not mind retrofitting bluetooth however the Audi dealer and by this I mean the parts manager in the service department told r my month / year combo meant that I could not retrofit. I just wanted to confirm is he correct or not. I can't believe Audi would design a system like that.

many thanks

Ron

First thing is to sit in the car and turn on the ignition and then search for Bluetooth devices with a telephone handset.

If not then you are on the retrofit road. Not sure who might do it in your neck of the woods but there are a couple of places over here.

If you wanted to do it yourself try Kufatec.de.