Bluetooth adapter

Mat196

Reaction score
Hi I currently have a 2005 a4 with a symphony head unit 6 disc changer.
The previous owner has installed an AUX lead and iPod connection in the glove box which is fine and works.
However there's a downside the lead isn't very long and can't change the track of the steering wheel, so you basically have to play a play list without skipping any tracks unless you have a passenger in the front who can operate the phone because the lead will rich that far, not to the driver though.

I've done a quick search in eBay and seen this and was wondering if anyone on here has 1 and can give me some feedback back of whether it works and is decent or if it should be avoided?

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/400933171922

have you got AMI to use that cable? if you are connected via AMI you should be able to change tracks on the steering wheel

I'm not sure what socket it goes into. There is an iPhone port and a AUX lead in the glove box. I don't know anyone with a iPhone or iPod that it can plug into to test it either because it's the old iPhone connector

sounds like a non-Audi add on, i had AMI in my old car, i just bought an old ipod off ebay and left it in the glovebox

i can send you mine if you want it

The A4 didn't support AMI on that year.

So does that just mean it's and aftermarket installment? All I'm thinking is if I follow the wire that comes out of the glove box, would I be able you unplug it from where ever it goes and plug in the Bluetooth attachment in the eBay link?

It's probably a dension gateway 100 or similar, the bluetooth adaptor should be OK, I have a cheap 10 quid adaptor on the end of my Ipod interface and it works OK

So I bought 1 of these and wasn't even expecting it to work and I have to say it's the best £10 I've spent!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20161029-123911.png
    Screenshot_20161029-123911.png
    337.1 KB · Views: 146