Bluefin remap from Superchips - Any good?

tspar

Reaction score
Has anyone used the above and if so do they recommend it as a good tuning route?

Looking for something that can be reversed easily if needs be.

Cheers
Tim

It was my first ever remap on my last S3, i honestly thought it was crap even much so that i spent another £500 on the GIAC map - this was so much better and so much quicker.

There are alot of people that get on with the bluefin map so dont just take my opinion in, do a search of the forum and read all the posts about bluefin or superchips, i could hardly tell any difference when i put it on, but also bear in mind that this was more than a year ago so things might have improved with superchips.

GIAC and REVO seem to have the best reputations

I was also looking for a remap that could easily be reveresed, after reading plently of stories on here and on tyresmoke I decided on a Bluefin, infact I am now running a groupbuy if your interested.

SuperChips also offer a full refund within 7 days if your not satisfied.

I think it's worth it on a 2.0tdi, driving is more fun and car accelerates nicely even in the higher gears.

Must add I haven't tried GIAC or REVO so not in position to compare.

Being able to revert to stock map myself played a huge part in my decision to buy Bluefin.

A trial is the way forward for sure. There have been conflicting reports over the years. I had my 2.0T A3 Bluefinned and then the S3 too and have been very happy with both.

Has anyone used the above and if so do they recommend it as a good tuning route?

Looking for something that can be reversed easily if needs be.

Cheers
Tim

Get REVO and you will be hugely impressed.
Makes a massive difference that you will feel after the first 100 yards.
15mins, plug n play. Nothing subtle about it thats for sure.

Like Staz said, try a trial, REVO do a free 5hr one.
Dooo it.:icon_thumright: Makes it the car it should have been whe in left the factory.

Cheers
Paul

In simple terms a remap from the likes of REVO will get you more power/torque than a more generic ECU flash from the Bluefin unit..

The advantage of Bluefin has already been stated so for me being able to remove it when taking it in for service and me having the control over what map it has is more beneficial than having to take it back to REVO to put stock map on.

On either you will notice a good gain in power/torque/driveability but a rolling road remap will mostly get better results.

In simple terms a remap from the likes of REVO will get you more power/torque than a more generic ECU flash from the Bluefin unit..

The advantage of Bluefin has already been stated so for me being able to remove it when taking it in for service and me having the control over what map it has is more beneficial than having to take it back to REVO to put stock map on.

On either you will notice a good gain in power/torque/driveability but a rolling road remap will mostly get better results.

Not strictly true mate.

You dont need to take your car back to REVO if you have a Select switch. The Select switch enables you to return you car to standard settings for dealer visits, although it is at extra cost.

REVO Stage 1 Generic map will give you around 310bhp (on RON 99) on the S3.
I would doubt a RR session and a custom map will yield better results. In particular on a car that doesnt have any bolt ons.

Cheers
Paul

Not strictly true mate.

You dont need to take your car back to REVO if you have a Select switch. The Select switch enables you to return you car to standard settings for dealer visits, although it is at extra cost.

I would doubt a RR session and a custom map will yield better results. In particular on a car that doesnt have any bolt ons.

Cheers
Paul

...and if you hunt around tuners looking for special offers or barter a bit. you will get the Select switch for nada - this is especially true at car shows from what I have seen, big discounts and thrown in switches.

I suppose the important point here is that Audi will not be looking (or generally care for that matter) for a map when you go for servicing. I have have mine in a couple times and the big diagnositic machine (VAS???) did/does not detect the map.

Definitely can't agree with that, unless locking your ECU and having to muck around getting it put back to actual standard is your thing!

I meant from Superchips which does put it back to the standard map. The guys at TT-Shop pretty much confirmed what you said by the way Ben so I never got the Revo trial.

More news on it all later hopefully.

Not strictly true mate.

You dont need to take your car back to REVO if you have a Select switch. The Select switch enables you to return you car to standard settings for dealer visits

No it doesn't, the map is still there. It does not go back to standard, it just makes the car run at less power.

Last edited:
Not strictly true mate.

Cheers
Paul

Oh yes course! I had completely forgot about the Select switch but obviosuly with an additional cost. Though I see some one else has said that negotiations can get this for free...interesting!!

Get Ben (Shark Performance) to map your car. Superchips are maps are P O O. I drove Patricks 170bhp A3 with bluefin, and I swear to god, it felt no faster WHATSOEVER than my stock 140bhp A3 at the time. My car has now been mapped, and if Pat still had his, it would eat it alive.

To rub more salt in the wound, I drove his wife's MK5 GTI DSG as I wanted to see the golfs build quality etc as my cousin is thinking of a Jetta as his runners and I thought "its quite nippy" then he went, yeh its got bluefin on it as well. Then I went out in Ben's mapped Octavia which is K03 turbo as well, and its just a different animal.

So my advise, NO, DON'T BUY BLUEFIN.

What about the AMD map as an option? I've been hearing good things about that and am considering one for my 2.0T.

Had Revo on my old MKIV 1.8T Golf and it made a world of difference.

Get Ben (Shark Performance) to map your car. Superchips are maps are P O O. I drove Patricks 170bhp A3 with bluefin, and I swear to god, it felt no faster WHATSOEVER than my stock 140bhp A3 at the time. My car has now been mapped, and if Pat still had his, it would eat it alive.

To rub more salt in the wound, I drove his wife's MK5 GTI DSG as I wanted to see the golfs build quality etc as my cousin is thinking of a Jetta as his runners and I thought "its quite nippy" then he went, yeh its got bluefin on it as well. Then I went out in Ben's mapped Octavia which is K03 turbo as well, and its just a different animal.

So my advise, NO, DON'T BUY BLUEFIN.

To be fair Ben's Octavia has a full exhaust too. The BF on my 2.0T was awesome.

...and if you hunt around tuners looking for special offers or barter a bit. you will get the Select switch for nada - this is especially true at car shows from what I have seen, big discounts and thrown in switches.

I suppose the important point here is that Audi will not be looking (or generally care for that matter) for a map when you go for servicing. I have have mine in a couple times and the big diagnositic machine (VAS???) did/does not detect the map.

True ive got mine booked in for monday for Revo, got the switch for nothing & the map inc vat for £550

What about the AMD map as an option? I've been hearing good things about that and am considering one for my 2.0T.

Had Revo on my old MKIV 1.8T Golf and it made a world of difference.

Theres a thread on here about someone having problems with AMD. Why not go with Shark Performance in Mansfield, worth travelling. Ben's got an octavia 2.0T with full milltek, intake and map, and its absolutley RAPID, go and see him and go out in the car, you won't be disappointed

Shark Performance = :wub:

No it doesn't, the map is still there. It does not go back to standard, it just makes the car run at less power.

Yes I know.

That why I said standard settings. and not standard map.

Which is fine, as AUDI dignostics cant `see` the REVO code. And running standard settings means the car `feels` standard, but Im sure you know this.

I have quite a bit of experience with REVO`d cars, warranty, and dealer visits and it not a problem running REVO software and dealer transparency.

Paul

Yes I know.

That why I said standard settings. and not standard map.

Which is fine, as AUDI dignostics cant `see` the REVO code. And running standard settings means the car `feels` standard, but Im sure you know this.

I have quite a bit of experience with REVO`d cars, warranty, and dealer visits and it not a problem running REVO software and dealer transparency.

Paul

So in your experience do you think it is worth having the select switch if using the REVO map?

So in your experience do you think it is worth having the select switch if using the REVO map?

If it gives peace of mind for dealer visits then I would say Yes.

fwiw I havent bothered so far, but probably will at some point just as to not ride my luck too long.

Cheers
Paul

Personally the main reason I have the Select Plus switch is so that I can tweak the settings. For me this is what makes REVO better than the other generic tunes out there as it gives you much more scope to take advantage of any other modifications you may have.

Theres a thread on here about someone having problems with AMD. Why not go with Shark Performance in Mansfield, worth travelling. Ben's got an octavia 2.0T with full milltek, intake and map, and its absolutley RAPID, go and see him and go out in the car, you won't be disappointed

Shark Performance = :wub:

If you read the thread and my replies we have asked the customer countless times to bring the car back as there is something wrong with the car but untill he bring it back to us what can we do?

If you read the thread and my replies we have asked the customer countless times to bring the car back as there is something wrong with the car but untill he bring it back to us what can we do?

I'm not knocking you Ben or AMD, I'm just sayin there was a thread with some1 who had used you and had problems, if he doens't come back to you, then there is nothing you can do :rolleyes:

In my dealings with AMD, I've found the guys incredibly helpful and professional. I'd recommend them to anybody. One thread with one whinging customer hardly suggests there's a problem with them - AMD must turn around more remaps per day than any other VAG tuner out there.

In my dealings with AMD, I've found the guys incredibly helpful and professional. I'd recommend them to anybody. One thread with one whinging customer hardly suggests there's a problem with them - AMD must turn around more remaps per day than any other VAG tuner out there.

I'd agree with this completely.

I found AMD mainly through you guys,and have nothing but praise for the service and after-sales back up,and even more so for when I was having problems with the car running Stage2+.

Well said Pete, Nigel is very good friends with the AMD lot and Iggu had his S3 tuned there as well.

Its Simon @ amd surrey I know & respect with 3 cars done by him & some mates, hasnt let me down once & never had one problem using his services, although amd essex seem to have a very good rep.

Well in that case, I may retract my recommendation... ;)

Just for you as its xmas Pete

BigKiss.jpg

Don't like Nigel do you? :ermm:

Lets keep this thread on cue N8, we had our fun already. :)