Bluefin map Error F100

newbieboyy

Reaction score
I have had a Bluefin map on my car for around three years, and a couple of days ago my car went into Audi on a service and had the emissions software update.

When I try to plug my Bluefin in to map it again it comes up with a F100 error and won't do anything :-(

Have the locked me back out again?

The car is dog slow and it's awful so very keen to get this map back on the car!

Think you have 2 options.
1 ) Get back in touch with the dealer and tell them you didn't want the update. It's not madatory to have it. It may however not be possible to restorblke the original map now though as the system may not allow it.
2 ) contact Bluefin, I am sure they have probably come across this.

So update;

Contacted Bluefin to be told the following;

1) The software update is a major revision change and has changed the way the car talks (i.e. The protocol). Subsequently when they applied the new update, my existing Bluefin unit ceased being able to talk the language it needed to.

2) options open to me were;
2a) drop ~£500 on a new Bluefin unit for the car and have the availability to do all the new bits and use on any future car I buy.
2b) Spend £67 and send my Bluefin unit off and have it turned into a "hybrid" unit (bridging the old and new style units) which would enable me to apply my remap but that is about all).

Option 2b is what I went for, I am now waiting delivery tomorrow to hopefully apply my remap!

Does the emissions update apply to petrol and diesel cars or just one? Wonder if other map suppliers will have this issue?

Not 100% sure to be honest.

I know the newer Bluefin units (Less than 18mths old) are fine as they have the newer protocol on so they aren't affected as much, mine is older than that though (3yrs).

I am more annoyed though as far as Audi are concerned it is a small update, I would classify a major software protocol change as considerably more than that personally, especially given it just cost me about £75 including delivery to make sure I got my remap back on top of the £460 odd that I have already spent.

Fair play to Superchips/Bluefin though, one phone call and they connected to my module online, checked it and called me back at around 4:20pm to give me my options. They received it at around midday todayafter I posted it at 5:02pm yesterday, and by 2pm they were on the phone for payment and before 2:50 I had the message confirming delivery tomorrow from the courier.
I can't really fault that bit, though equally expensive given the short time frame to do the work and the amount I have already forked out.

Reactions: Hookmonster
Glad you got it sorted but I suppose moral of the story is if your car is mapped make sure the dealer doesn't get hold of it or at least let them know that you don't want any updates on the ECU.

Yeah, I can't really blame the dealership much, I was in a bit of a coffin le after driving 100miles to the dealership on my way to a funeral so just signed and got on so I could get out.
Probably should have checked and asked more to be honest.