Blue Smoke on start up 3.0bitdi

Nomakbg

Reaction score
Hello,

because i do not wish to guess i am sure there are people who had the same problem.

Let me know your expirience and solution to what is making this blue smoke upon start up.

For me looks like oil, but from where and how ?

Car is 3.0 Bitdi 2017

injectors and turbo have been tested and are good.

Any ideas?

Well there are a few reasons that spring to my mind.
If you have already ruled out the turbo not leaking.

Try compression test, rules out oil passing the head gasket.
Check oil level isn’t too high. Enough oil and it will make its way through the crank breather and back into the cylinders.
Piston rings, maybe take the glow plugs out and use an enderscope to inspect the cylinders for excess oil.
Make double sure the injectors seats and top seals are okay, one tiny tear and a worn copper washer and it will work it’s magic.

Hope this helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well there are a few reasons that spring to my mind.
If you have already ruled out the turbo not leaking.

Try compression test, rules out oil passing the head gasket.
Check oil level isn’t too high. Enough oil and it will make its way through the crank breather and back into the cylinders.
Piston rings, maybe take the glow plugs out and use an enderscope to inspect the cylinders for excess oil.
Make double sure the injectors seats and top seals are okay, one tiny tear and a worn copper washer and it will work it’s magic.

Hope this helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was starting to think that nobody has encountered this issue before.

Thank you for the ideas.

For this moment the glow plugs,the injectors seats are the next two things to be checked. I have taken out the injectors and tested them, they came out good and were placed with new bolts and seals. Also, i think the problem was before that.....