Blue Haldex controller

G60DAN

Reaction score
Fitted my blue Haldex controller to day not easyist thing to fit on your back. All I can say is what a difference it has made its a lot quicker off the line now loving it.

What car did you fit it to?,I have been looking into these for my s3

2001 S3 I know it's a lot of money but I have some of the best roads in the UK for driving so yes worth ever Penney in my book.

I agree really good upgrade. Think I have some the best roads in the UK (no national speed limit!!!)

How much did it cost?,and where did you buy it from?

There are a few place you can get them from. From memory about £700 ish.

Really? And really worth £700 notes?

I haven't heard that it makes much difference at all and been advised against it so many times.

What exactly does the blue haldex controller do and how exactly does it effect the drive? I'd be interested to know if someone can explain.

It's only worth it if you drive the car hard to be honest, normal day to day driving will feel the same! I would only recommend the haldex performance controller on cars no longer running standard power, and has uprated suspension mods to make use of the extra traction it provides.

And so i gather there will be a good working haldex controller up for sale - I presume this was not a forced upgrade !

It was from awesome and it was a staggering £779.70 and yes it was a forced purchased had code 65536 I know it's a lot of money but I'm loving it smiles all round ever time I go out driving down the small lanes round me. Right the tuned controller runs at 1375(NM) and the standard controller runs at 625(NM) well that's what the bits of paper in the box tell me. I ordered it fro
Awesome but it came from the TT shop but when I was phoning round for prices didn't find the TT shop that helpful they where ment to phone me back in an hour but 2 days later they did lost sale.

Last edited:
It is an upgrade, the standard mk1 haldex controller is prety dim whitted and sluggish, the upgrade is meant to solve this with faster reaction times and more proactive transfer of power. Can spend the same amount on suspension setup...it all helps.

Yeah i got one on mine... (Luckily came with the car)

Compared to my old s3 it handles completely different

I would quite like the idea of one of these, just is it really worth 700. Suppose its easy enough to swap back over when i get rid of the car