Blow Off Valve?

turbo00AudiA4

Reaction score
Is there a blow off valve available for my 00 A4 Quattro? and if there is, anyone know where i can find one. thanks

Ryan

I just installed a GFB blow off valve on my 97 A4 Quattro, sounds awsome and it doesn't mess up your air flow sensor because it vents half the air back into the intake system, and half into the atmosphere. I got mine on ebay for 80 bucks which was a steal considering they retail for like 300 bucks or something similar. Try looking on ebay though.......any other questions just ask.

what did you search for when you found yours. and it was only 80 bucks, that is a ridiculously good deal. Thanks for the info man.

Ryan

[ QUOTE ]
JetSpeed said:
I just installed a GFB blow off valve on my 97 A4 Quattro, sounds awsome and it doesn't mess up your air flow sensor because it vents half the air back into the intake system, and half into the atmosphere. I got mine on ebay for 80 bucks which was a steal considering they retail for like 300 bucks or something similar. Try looking on ebay though.......any other questions just ask.

[/ QUOTE ]
I was looking into the GFB hydrid blow off valve but I read on a Seat forum that it doesn't work properly on remapped cars.

Has your A4 been remapped JetSpeed?

I'm not sure what "remapped" means???? It's just a bone stock A4, haven't done anything to it engine wise other than the blow off.

should i not get a Blow Off Valve unless my car is "chipped"? or does it not matter

I don't think it matters but might be more benificial being chipped/remapped due to the higher boost.

[ QUOTE ]
turbo00AudiA4 said:
should i not get a Blow Off Valve unless my car is "chipped"? or does it not matter

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are particularly conerned about performance then I'd suggest not getting a blow off valve, as you will loose perforamnce. By performance I mean your pick up between gears will be reduced to to you venting part of the boosted air which would normally be recirculated through the system to keep the turbo RPM as high as possible when the engine is not under load.

So bearing taht in mind you decide? Yes it sounds good but it doesn't perform like a piston or diaphragm recirculating DV.

so are you saying that i should put in a diaphragm recirculating DV, and does that make the "noise"? also i found, i believe it was called "stealth GFX" BOV, which has 2 different settings, the "stealth mode" which is for street use and the "race mode" which is for track use.would that be a little better performance wise? what are you thoughts?

thanks for the info man, i appriciate it. i was leaning towards the GFB Stealth anyways, but the way you put it, seems like that is the middle of the road, and that works for me.