Blind spot

Bunson 1

Reaction score
Hi guys it's been a while but i have a question, on my A6 Allroad 2.5 TDI on 05 plate It's Auto quattro there seems to be a bit of a lag when 1st accelerating it sort of does nothing for what seems a lot of pedal travel then it bursts into life. I just wondered if any of you guy have had the same problem & if you know what it needs. Many thanks Melv.

Are you changing up a gear too early? Exhaust gases are needed to get the turbo up to speed and boost only starts coming on at around 2000 rpm. If your changing up too early revs drop too low and the engine speed needs to increase before you get boost

Hi I should have said from a standing start there is delay & being auto it can't be changing to fast , Can it??

Hi guys it's been a while but i have a question, on my A6 Allroad 2.5 TDI on 05 plate It's Auto quattro there seems to be a bit of a lag when 1st accelerating it sort of does nothing for what seems a lot of pedal travel then it bursts into life. I just wondered if any of you guy have had the same problem & if you know what it needs. Many thanks Melv.

Vacuum leak in Vacuum tube for turbo pressure control -N75,
pressure leakage from the intake manifold.
dirty MAF sensor

Reactions: Bunson 1