Bleeding S3 brakes

8pot

Reaction score
The brakes on my S3 have a terrible pedal like there is air in the system. Please could you tell me the best method for bleeding?

Many thanks

There is a kit you can get called eezibleed on ebay. About 15 quid and uses pressure from spare tyre to pressurise the system

Get a mate to pump up the pedal 5 or 6 times then hold down the pedal,then while the pedel is being held down you release the bleed nippel,repeat this on each caliper,start with the caliper furthest away from the master cylender o,s,r.best to change all of the brake fluid for new though so while your at it change the fluid i would,will brake better!,just remember don't get any brake fluid on your paint!

Get a mate to pump up the pedal 5 or 6 times then hold down the pedal,then while the pedel is being held down you release the bleed nippel,repeat this on each caliper,start with the caliper furthest away from the master cylender o,s,r.best to change all of the brake fluid for new though so while your at it change the fluid i would,will brake better!,just remember don't get any brake fluid on your paint!

This is not a good idea... on some cars this method works fine... I have used this method for years but on S3 's over extending the master cylinder rod can cause the seals to catch inside and has been known to take a nick out of them damaging them so the brakes no longer work...

Eezi bleed kit as suggested is the best method...

<tuffty/>

nothin beats the good old fashioned way......down........up........down........up, solid
may aswell renew brake fluid aswell for some dot 5.1 awesome stuff

nothin beats the good old fashioned way......down........up........down........up, solid
may aswell renew brake fluid aswell for some dot 5.1 awesome stuff

...other than damaging the master cylinder I guess not....

5.1 is ok but Motul RBF 600 or 660 is better...

<tuffty/>

Thanks fellas, I have motul 600 in it. I just remember something like needing to bleed the master cylinder or abs pump or something like that.

Thanks fellas, I have motul 600 in it. I just remember something like needing to bleed the master cylinder or abs pump or something like that.

ABS pump should be fine, not normally needing to bleed this as fluid passes through under normal braking (think about it...the abs isn't on all the time...) but as I have documented in the link I posted above, the MC will need bleeding using the 2 nipples on it... have a read...

<tuffty/>

This is not a good idea... on some cars this method works fine... I have used this method for years but on S3 's over extending the master cylinder rod can cause the seals to catch inside and has been known to take a nick out of them damaging them so the brakes no longer work...

Eezi bleed kit as suggested is the best method...

<tuffty/>
It's not a vauxhal cavilier though,they wer know'n for that!,no good point,mine's always been fine that way taking it steady,but you do know more than me,fair nuff!

i would not use 5.1, the abs destroys this fluid very quickly

motul rbf 600 ftw