Bleeding brakes!?

campbell

Reaction score
What is the process used to bleed the brakes on a audi S3 without going below the minumum mark, how much fluid is needed? i am going to be using motul rbf fluid and only have a 500ml bottle

Cheers

There is a recent thread on this lad, with a link to a system called and EZE bleed. Hang on.

i dont think 500ml will cover it. on the first corner you bleed, new stuff doesnt come out until about 700ml has passed and i know that for fact becuse i tend to stick ATE super blue through cars nowadays

Think you'll need two of them 500 ml bottles. When I changed my front brakes I bought some cheap halfords fluid (cheap and halfords don't usually go together :confused:) and passed that through first to get rid of any air and get the crap out. You can then pass the good stuff through, which I've still gotta do...

but its hard enough to spot when the old one stops and the new one starts so flushing with clean (cheap) and then the new stuff is only going to make it harder lol

Most suggest three bottles. The way I see it, might as well buy them and have it left over than run short half way through!

ok thanks guys, which corner is best to start from? is it still rear first then front, and do you need to bleed anyhting else?