Bleeding brakes

S3_MCD

Reaction score
upgrading to Brembos, is there a technique to bleeding the brakes upfront on a S3?

Cheers

you can use a pressure bleeding kit or the standard way. Have you ever bled brakes before?

...about 12 yrs ago. MK1 fiesta! ...gotta be more difficult, it Audi after all!

Serious treat me as stupid - no offence will be taken :)

Well ideally you need 2 people, one sitting in drivers seat and other at the caliper.

Check the fluid if topped right up to the brim of the reservoir, then get a spanner on the bleed nipple and a piece of clear plastic hose and attach it to the nipple, find a suitable container (an old milk bottle is my choice) and 1/3rd fill it with new fresh fluid. put the open end of the hose into the bottle making sure its end is below the fluid level.

Crack open the nipple with the spanner about 1/2 turn and get the person in the car to SLOWLY push the brake pedal down to its limit and hold it there, then you tighten the nipple (not mega tight just nip it up) and then the person in the car can release the pedal (slowly).

Repeat this process until no more bubbles can be seen coming up the pipe.

Remember to keep an eye on the reservoir level.

When i put R32 brakes on my Golf i tried it using the old method and the brakes didn't work.I had to use a pressure bleed kit,do all 4 corners furthest from the resoivoir first then work back to closest.There was something else under the bonnet that needed bleeding,think it's the ABS pump.

You shouldn't need to bleed the ABS pump unless you drain it

Changed all the fluid.Seemed like a good idea to do it while i was messing with the brakes.