Blanking EGR on 2.0tdi

DeanoC

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Has anyone done it? I'm looking to try a blank with a small hole in to enable some flow and avoid the EML.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I wouldn't of thought it would make much difference .

Best off adjusting egr values in VCDS .

Reactions: DeanoC

Hi Gaz, what values? Airflow parameters or activation parameters? They'd be in the map i would have thought.

I can't blank it totally or the dpf won't regen

You can't disable it with VCDS.

It's in the map and needs adjusting accordingly.

Reactions: DeanoC
I'm lost. I use VCDS all the time. Great for reading data and making the car beep when you lock it but you won't be changing the operating parameters of the EGR in the ecu lookup tables

What is the purpose of doing that?
Well I've been measuring the requested EGR values and they are super high since the dieselgate software update and at times i would not expect them to. Nox are being reduced at the cost of performance and economy.

Well I've been measuring the requested EGR values and they are super high since the dieselgate software update and at times i would not expect them to. Nox are being reduced at the cost of performance and economy.

That's kind a weird as I had the software update at the same case but the power has been checked and it is still the same. As well as fuel consumption. I would simply replace EGR as it simply could be damaged or used.

That's kind a weird as I had the software update at the same case but the power has been checked and it is still the same. As well as fuel consumption. I would simply replace EGR as it simply could be damaged or used.
I had mine rolling roaded and it's only a bit down but torque is and it's all shifted up the rev range. It only has 28k on it

Could be,why not,but may be that there is another reason for that as well.
I had mine 2.0 tdi 177 checked for power and torque and it's exactly the same as before. So it is possible to have it the same after update.
And I live in Belgium,so that could also make a difference - maybe they upload some other stuff depends on the market,who knows

Could be,why not,but may be that there is another reason for that as well.
I had mine 2.0 tdi 177 checked for power and torque and it's exactly the same as before. So it is possible to have it the same after update.
And I live in Belgium,so that could also make a difference - maybe they upload some other stuff depends on the market,who knows
What did it run. I never got a before because i bought it after the update.
b91c4698927d03a404b219eefda89231.jpg