1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blackvue dashcam

Raul_sbd Mar 4, 2016

1. Raul_sbd

Raul_sbd Active Member TFSI Owners Group Team Scuba Audi A3 S-line owners group Manual

Anyone could give me some reviews on Blackvue 380g? I know its an old model now.. but still i think its quite good i only need 720p videos and the camera to be small to be able to hide behind the mirror... Does the power cable is long enough to be able to plug to the 12v supply? Also is it very big job to hard wire it for the parking function??

I appreciatte your answers..

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. sidibear

sidibear Looking for Zombies !! Staff Member Moderator Audi A4

The lead is long enough, around 3m iirc. The parking function is part of the camera, if it doesn't detect movement for a certain amount of time it goes into park mode.

4. Raul_sbd

Raul_sbd Active Member TFSI Owners Group Team Scuba Audi A3 S-line owners group Manual

I know but will need to be hardwired in order to be able to have power while car is off. Do you have the 380g HD ?

5. sidibear

sidibear Looking for Zombies !! Staff Member Moderator Audi A4

I used to have the DR380 but now have the DR650 2 channel with rear cam.
    It will need a permanent live feed to run the cam all the time, its its plugged in with power going to it the park mode will still enable.

Raul_sbd likes this.
  6. Raul_sbd

Do you need the magic box and all the fuses thing?? I'm not very technical sorry ;)

7. jimojameso

jimojameso Active Member Team Nardo Section Mod Audi RS3 TTRS

Yeah if you want it on all the time you need a power magic pro. Is easy to set up and install. Just find somewhere to earth it and take a 12v feed from the fuse box. If your local could help you install it :)

Raul_sbd likes this.
  8. Raul_sbd

I think I could do it myself with help of some set of instructions tbh ;)

jimojameso likes this.
  9. jimojameso

Fuse box is behind the panel on the left hand side of the dash visible when you open the door. There is a couple of bolts near there you can use as an earth and take the 12v from the fuse for the cigarette lighter. Just tuck the wires behind the A pillar and under the roof lining. :)

Raul_sbd likes this.
  10. Raul_sbd

That is brilliant... ;) I will do it myself.. is there any pictures ilustrating that? also do you know where to get hold of a magic box?

Thanks again!!

11. jimojameso

Power magic pro is here: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Power-Mag...162658?hash=item41a5995122:g:8GsAAOSwv9hW1hvj

Side panel off, there are two bolts on the left which are just out of sight in this shot:
    [​IMG]

Fuse box inside glove box. From memory i think its the vertical orangey fuse in the bottom right. You can see there are 3 slots (an open one at the top). You can switch the cig lighter to permanent by swapping this one over. Just move the fuse up or down one slot :

[​IMG]

12. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

13. Raul_sbd

What fuse exactly do you recomend to take the 12v power of? wich fuse number to link the yellow cable?

Many thanks

14. jimojameso

I'll try and grab a photo tomorrow of mine and stick it up :)

15. Raul_sbd

Haha thank you I will much appreciated Jim ;)
    Surely have to b an easy job ;)

16. Rob2k68

Rob2k68 Well-Known Member VCDS Map User MQB Platform