Blacksmoke Remap 2.5 V6 180

S4_dan

Fire up the Quattro!
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Just put one on my 2.5 V6.

The rain is torrential here at the moment so not had chance for logs yet etc but I have had a quick drive out.

Bearing in mind for the last few days I've been driving my dad's D2 S8 around and not my V6.

I found that the map has given a lot more low down torque that my V6 seemed to lack (improved after fitting new maf mind) Car now pulls up hill outside our house at 1200rpm without labouring the engine in 4th where as before we had to be above 1800rpm in 4th.

Up Beacon bank and in 5th with no problems.

Onto a long straight and foot down in 3rd. Pulled well, but to me felt the same as always as once it was on full chat it shifted anyway so will get the wife to have a drive and see what she thinks without telling her about the map.

When the rain stops and road conditions massively improve, I'll go out and have a blast about.

I only put the map on for a couple of reasons:

1, To improve low down torque - for towing caravan. Going away soon so wanted to see if it will help with that.

and

2, To see if that mpg gain is better when towing too.

3, A bonus one I suppose, to test my clutch lol

I know different maps behave differently from one tuner to another. I will be changing my turbo when I get the opportunity to buy a good used one to an 'S' unit. (Although, the light whistling hasn't altered since the map. Only whistles on spool up then can't hear it) Then my exhaust is something I want to modify to. Keep it stealth like the OEM system, hidden under rear valance but better flowing.....and noisier :)

Dan

Reactions: All-rod
Very impressed with the car. Drove to Middlesbrough today and gave it a few full chat moments. I now get a little black soot from the exhaust on full WOT but nothing to worry about. Car pulls very well indeed.

So, exhaust and turbo replacement then onto maybe a proper custom map. :)

But for the time being, Andrew from Blacksmoke has done very well.

Cheers.

Reactions: ruffrida
A bit strange really as my DIS is still remaining the same as it was before the map but the fuel gauge takes longer to drop. I'll be doing a full tank to empty next week when I go away.
So yes it has improved but not sure by how much mpg.

Best way to check mpg is use an app like Pitstop log. fill to brim, reset trip counter, drive. Once empty, refill to brim, enter litres filled, and miles covered... and there you have it- true mpg. I'm sure I read somewhere that mapping alters the DIS reading...??????? Might have got it cross-wired in my head somewhere..?

Cheers for the app suggestion I'll give that a go!

No worries! I've been using it for a couple of years and it's so simple. I fill up from empty about twice a week so it's a good way to keep an eye on the engine if mpg suddenly drop as my driving style and routes don't vary much.

How did you get on with this? Now Adams24 has done my cams and all is running great I'm looking at a remap. I had a Blacksmoke on my Golf and loved it so he's my first port of call..

How did you get on with this? Now Adams24 has done my cams and all is running great I'm looking at a remap. I had a Blacksmoke on my Golf and loved it so he's my first port of call..

Only problem I have is that when in 6th and on an incline and the revs drop just below 2k, the car feels like it hits a fuel cut then it carries on as normal. I never noticed this in original map so I can't say for sure if it's due to the blacksmoke map or my car. Other than that, totally fine. Pulls well in all gears and mpg hasn't been affected.

Good stuff to hear. You could email Blacksmoke and mention it and see what he says. Do you notice a big difference from the normal map?

Yeah, the cars pulls loads better. MPG remained about the same, certainly no worse, and with the extra poke I'm happy with that.

I might revert back to my original map and see if I can get it to do the same fault to determine if it's hardware of software issue.