Blackberry playbook

kev1000

Reaction score
I've ordered 1 of these and was wondering has anyone here got one and how do you find it.
I know they are fairly limited at the moment when it comes to apps and stuff.
Supposedly in February they are getting an update that will improve things or I might jailbreak it.
I thought at €199, it was worth a punt??

you can jailbreak it alright but i'm going to hold off until blackberry update in february.
i think it will have full android market then.
i'd rather not jailbreak, i don't mind paying for apps, i just want access to apps.
i have the playbook 2 days now and i love it.
it's a fairly slick tablet for the money.
there are some apps but compared to apple, they're just a drop in the ocean.
i'm still glad i got it though and i also got one for the girlfriend so she's happy too (for the moment):yahoo::friends::laugh:

Nice one, congratulations!

I really like my BB phone, and tempted by a PB, but it's outside of budget at the moment.

How you getting on with it?

General reviews seem to rate the hardware of the playbook very highly its just the software/interface which lets it down.

From what I've read there is a big software update coming in February which should add extra features and fix the glitches they apparently suffer with. RIM have said its very much in their plans but if the update doesn't arrive then its probably fair to say they are dropping it and support will be going, the current £169 price tag will probably tumble to less than £100 (like the HP Touchpad) if stock levels are still high.

Ive played around with tablets in pc world and the playbook was the one i always liked and came back to, the android ones frustrated and seemed very sluggish. I have had an ipad2 and quickly found its limitations although £169 even with the uncertainty is still tempting......must stay out of pc world lol

I really like it.
I was thinking of getting an iPad but I have an iPhone so I fancied something a bit different.
Setting up my laptop so I could sync playbook with blackberry desktop was a bit of a pain and it took me about 2 hours to figure it out.
I can now add video/music/ pictures from laptop to playbook.
Touchscreen feels excellent and hd video looks great.
Hoping update will add lots more to an already good quality tablet.