Black Vue DR750s 1ch Dash Cam

Mike Rogers

Reaction score
Hello Guys

Ordered myself the Black Vue DR750s dash cam so that it can be linked to my phone etc, Also ordered the Power Magic Battery pack so that it will record events when parked and wont use the cars battery and drain it.

Just wanted to know has anyone had any experiences with these cameras?

Also where is the Fuse box located within the car ? I havent looked as of yet but im guessing either behind the glove box or at 1 end of the dash?

Reactions: Rob2k68
I have the earlier dr650s., the 750s is a step up and has better night vision and frame rate
The fuse box is behind the panel in the glove box.
I have mine connected to a cellink b battery pack which comes with a fuse tap making it easy to wire in.

I have the earlier dr650s., the 750s is a step up and has better night vision and frame rate
The fuse box is behind the panel in the glove box.
I have mine connected to a cellink b battery pack which comes with a fuse tap making it easy to wire in.

Yeahh i was going to get 2 piggy back fuses and wire them in that way to the pack ive got.

How have you found using it on your phone etc ?

There is only one fuse tap with the cellink and an earthing point
The wifi works fine although the range isn't the greatest but it's easier than taking out the sd card if your just checking it.
The cloud works equally as well if you can get onto your home wifi network from your parking space.

There is only one fuse tap with the cellink and an earthing point
The wifi works fine although the range isn't the greatest but it's easier than taking out the sd card if your just checking it.
The cloud works equally as well if you can get onto your home wifi network from your parking space.

Ahh thats cool then, I should hopefully be good with wifi connection because my phone still connects on the driveway so should be ok :)

I had the DR550GW-2CH in my old car. You still have to be careful with the Power Magic Pro and your battery - I had to change my battery after 3 years because it still does drain it a bit. It won't drain it to the point of not being able to start the car each time, but it'll degrade the batter to the point that it will get that way eventually. I've gone with the Thinkware F770 and Cellink B battery this time around so that the car battery isn't affected at all during parking.

Fuse box is behind the glove box. I did a fitting guide when I installed my 550 which you might find useful, though some of the pictures went missing when an admin merged threads / posts and never reappeared.

I’ve been using Blackviews for a few years now and currently on the 650 two channel one.

Great cameras and l highly recommend. The only thing to be wary of is the make of SD card you use. It can be quite temperamental due to the high operating temps and continuous recording cycle. I’ve found Lexar cards to be the best non-BlackVue option (which are v expensive!). Avoid Scandisk. :racer:

I am also using the two channel 650.
The only one Sandisk card that works properly is the one below. Note the v30 code for the card that verifies that this works at the high temperatures reached for continuous writing devices.

SanDisk Extreme 128 GB microSDXC Memory Card + SD Adapter up to 90 MB/s, Class 10, U3, V30

https://tinyurl.com/yafmwafv

I agree blackvue can be very temperamental with sd cards. I originally used a lexar 64gb card in it but it still toasted it after a few months. I now use a 64gb SanDisk high endurance card as t's designed for dashcams and works fine so far

Current setup is a 750S 2 channel, Cellink Battery B and a Samsung Evo+ 128Gb card. Very pleased with this setup. Parked up before the Christmas hols and using the power from the Cellink it functioned in park mode for 3 days solid before running out of power so in normal usage I get 24/7 coverage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: pburv, MaffewEM and -Ju-
Glad I went for the Cellink b @Rob2k68 after hearing your recommendation, much better than the power magic pro setup and no vcds battery errors anymore!

Current setup is a 750S 2 channel, Cellink Battery B and a Samsung Evo+ 128Gb card. Very pleased with this setup. Parked up before the Christmas hols and using the power from the Cellink it functioned in park mode for 3 days solid before running out of power so in normal usage I get 24/7 coverage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Wasn’t aware of this method before your post, just knew about the blackvue battery which looks to have half the capacity for about the same price! Will look into one of these once I’ve received the car

It comes with a 16gb memory card, doesnt it just roll over itself if no incidents occur ?? So why is there a need for a bigger memory card ??

That'll fill up in no time, ok you'll have a little more space if your using a 1ch dashcam but ideally you'd want a 64gb at least to give yourself some headroom

Wasn’t aware of this method before your post, just knew about the blackvue battery which looks to have half the capacity for about the same price! Will look into one of these once I’ve received the car

Glad you spotted that - a mate of mine just sent the B/V battery back after I pointed out to him it’s only half the capacity of the Cellink unit.

Reactions: pburv
Did use the search first but I found if I wanted to go through threads all day long that I may find the answer I was looking for but I may not so made my own just so that I could find info straight away.

How much have people paid for the celllink b ??

The reason I got the black vue battery pack was because it come free when I brought any DR750 camera on www.blackvuehd.co.uk

Did use the search first but I found if I wanted to go through threads all day long that I may find the answer I was looking for but I may not so made my own just so that I could find info straight away.

How much have people paid for the celllink b ??

The reason I got the black vue battery pack was because it come free when I brought any DR750 camera on www.blackvuehd.co.uk
I may have some bad news for you then, that link says you get a free "power magic pro" which is not a battery pack, just a voltage cut off kit to protect your car battery.
The Cellink battery B is about £170, not cheap but worth it in the long run as it runs the dashcam in parking mode so not to affect the car battery at all.

I may have some bad news for you then, that link says you get a free "power magic pro" which is not a battery pack, just a voltage cut off kit to protect your car battery.
The Cellink battery B is about £170, not cheap but worth it in the long run as it runs the dashcam in parking mode so not to affect the car battery at all.

Yeah sorry I did mean thats what it is. Once I turn the engine off I can set the power pack on a timer for how long I want it to run untill I start the car again and within that time if it senses the battery is being drained it will cut it out

Ok that makes sense now.
Its an ok way to run the dashcam in parking mode but it is surprising how much juice it will drag out of your battery overnight. Not enough to cause any starting issues and the power magic pro will protect you from that, but its not the best way to run one tbh.
I used one for a while but it was forever cutting off due to low battery

I disabled most of the recording when parked (by turning sensitivity down to min) because of the car battery running low. Now I can leave it parked for days on end.

Yeah sorry I did mean thats what it is. Once I turn the engine off I can set the power pack on a timer for how long I want it to run untill I start the car again and within that time if it senses the battery is being drained it will cut it out

Mike. With the Power Magic Pro, switch you can utilise parking mode, either by setting a voltage setting or manually, which then cuts out when a voltage value is exceeded. I set the power magic pro to the highest voltage setting, which I think is at about 11.8 - 12v. Which is lower than say the Thinkware which has an internal voltage meter than you can set up to a max of around 12.3v. But at 11.8 I have never had any starting problems. It depends how you use your car. But as an example I flick the switch on manually in mine if I park anywhere like the shops or theatre car parks etc. Its generally good for about 12hrs worth of recording. When I get back into the car I flick it back off so that the camera turns on only when the car is next started. Simples...Using the manual method saves my cars battery, but does mean I need to remember to flick the switch on if I want parking mode, although to be fair thats probably my first thought if I park anywhere public! So this set up is fine for say 1 overnight stay in a hotel. If you have a good battery in your car it will be more than up to the job. My set up is a dual channel ( front and rear ) with your single channel set up parking mode should run much longer. Playing with the sensitivity settings on the Blackvue is another good tip, they can be set quite low.

However if you want 24/7 recording ( as say if your car is parked on the street ) and you do lots of small journeys, your car battery wont take it. Hence thats when the Extra battery pack is a good idea. You wont get much better than what @Rob2k68 has suggested. My car is generally on a trickle charger and not parked on the street, so this set up works for me.

One of the best things about the Blackvue set up is the free cloud service. Notifications of accident/ movements etc is very useful ! Just make sure you keep the camera on the latest firmware to make sure everything works perfect. The other great thing about Blackvue vs Thinkware is the fact that you do not have to continuously re-format the SD cards like you do in the Thinkware models.. a true fit and forget , neat solution.

Hope that helps
Jungle

Last edited:
Reactions: pburv and Rob2k68
Mike. With the Power Magic Pro, switch you can utilise parking mode, either by setting a voltage setting or manually, which then cuts out when a voltage value is exceeded. I set the power magic pro to the highest voltage setting, which I think is at about 11.8 - 12v. Which is lower than say the Thinkware which has an internal voltage meter than you can set up to a max of around 12.3v. But at 11.8 I have never had any starting problems. It depends how you use your car. But as an example I flick the switch on manually in mine if I park anywhere like the shops or theatre car parks etc. Its generally good for about 12hrs worth of recording. When I get back into the car I flick it back off so that the camera turns on only when the car is next started. Simples...Using the manual method saves my cars battery, but does mean I need to remember to flick the switch on if I want parking mode, although to be fair thats probably my first thought if I park anywhere public! So this set up is fine for say 1 overnight stay in a hotel. If you have a good battery in your car it will be more than up to the job. My set up is a dual channel ( front and rear ) with your single channel set up parking mode should run much longer. Playing with the sensitivity settings on the Blackvue is another good tip, they can be set quite low.

However if you want 24/7 recording ( as say if your car is parked on the street ) and you do lots of small journeys, your car battery wont take it. Hence thats when the Extra battery pack is a good idea. You wont get much better than what @Rob2k68 has suggested. My car is generally on a trickle charger and not parked on the street, so this set up works for me.

One of the best things about the Blackvue set up is the free cloud service. Notifications of accident/ movements etc is very useful ! Just make sure you keep the camera on the latest firmware to make sure everything works perfect. The other great thing about Blackvue vs Thinkware is the fact that you do not have to continuously re-format the SD cards like you do in the Thinkware models.. a true fit and forget , neat solution.

Hope that helps
Jungle

Cheers for that reply mate. Im going to see how I get on with the black vue power magic and then give it a while maybe invest in an actual battery like you have suggested. Quick question though, I need to wire in to the fuse box to 2 points for the power magic which im assuming you need to do with the battery aswell, was just wondering which fuses you would tap in to with the piggy back fuses ? Thats what i was going to do anyway

Cheers for that reply mate. Im going to see how I get on with the black vue power magic and then give it a while maybe invest in an actual battery like you have suggested. Quick question though, I need to wire in to the fuse box to 2 points for the power magic which im assuming you need to do with the battery aswell, was just wondering which fuses you would tap in to with the piggy back fuses ? Thats what i was going to do anyway

The power magic pro requires 2 fuse taps. Acc and Live. If and when you add a power pack, like the one suggested that actually only requires 1 fuse tap.

Not sure if you have seen this thread. PFL cars but would have thought similar fuses could be used.

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/images-of-how-i-installed-a-blackvue-dr650gw-2ch.248726/

Cig lighter 12V socket- Switched live F40
4WD - Fuse unknown or Seat Belt tensioner F11- Perm live... much easier to reach.

Earth point - nut on side of glovebox ( remove side panel ) - make sure its a good connection - use a washer etc. Or under the footwell by the door, is the official earth point. But a pain to get to.

Generally speaking any issues powering up a dash cam tends to stem from a poor earth, so check and double check that first.

Regds
Jungle

Reactions: pburv and Rob2k68
The power magic pro requires 2 fuse taps. Acc and Live. If and when you add a power pack, like the one suggested that actually only requires 1 fuse tap.

Not sure if you have seen this thread. PFL cars but would have thought similar fuses could be used.

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/images-of-how-i-installed-a-blackvue-dr650gw-2ch.248726/

Cig lighter 12V socket- Switched live F40
4WD - Fuse unknown or Seat Belt tensioner F11- Perm live... much easier to reach.

Earth point - nut on side of glovebox ( remove side panel ) - make sure its a good connection - use a washer etc. Or under the footwell by the door, is the official earth point. But a pain to get to.

Generally speaking any issues powering up a dash cam tends to stem from a poor earth, so check and double check that first.

Regds
Jungle

Thanks mate

Will have a read of the thread and thanks for your help, appreciate it :)

Thanks mate

Will have a read of the thread and thanks for your help, appreciate it :)

1 last question mate, on the piggy back fuses the fuse for what in taking out gies in the piggy back at the bottom right and then the new one on top, for the camera which size fuses should i use ?

Cellink Battery B just requires an ignition switched live.

Ive got the blackvue power magic at the moment to see how i get on for now as got it free with my camera so want to try it out

Yeah don’t blame you. It’s a decent enough solution - I ran one for six months but then discovered that it was only running in park mode for 4-5 hours before shutting off when it hit 11.8 volts but I was also hooking up VCDS which requires the ignition to be on so will drain the battery. It’s very usage dependant really and also what you want/need from your dashcam. Quite like @jungle650 method of manually flicking it on when needed to save battery power.