black trim

paul wright

wreety
Reaction score
5672ad984a8e1e13ff3c88bb9c3db564.jpg
anybody know how I can black all the trim on my car?

Not sure which trim you're on about but if it's the same as my plans...

Roof rails remove and powder coat black. Window surrounds black wrap.

You can't remove the chrome trim around the windows easily. I'll be wrapping mine in carbon wrap either tomorrow or Sunday. I'll post some pictures when I'm done.

Sorry it's the chrome /silver trim and any pics or ideas would be greatly appreciated fellas

If Lincolnshire is kind enough to give me some nice weather for once I'll wrap mine and post some pictures. My A4 is phantom black and I've got the rears tinted and have black pearl RS4 alloys.

Last edited:
b03b35181fb32f8beea4bebb7f43f572.jpg

Not sure if this helps at all. I know yours is an avant and is red but that's what has been done to mine.

Reactions: paul wright
I've been quoted £150 to have grill surround and chrome trim wrapped black. Sounds a bit steep to me. What you guys think?

If you're feeling confident enough, buy some carbon wrap off of eBay and give it a go yourself. It's not too difficult to do, the hardest part is going round corners like on the window trim, but that's when the hair dryer/heat gun comes in handy to soften the wrap up to make it easier to work round them. Unfortunately the weather today wasn't too great so I'll hopefully be able to give it a go tomorrow and post my results.