Black Tints Repair?

MJR

Reaction score
Hey guys, i just noticed a bubble on one of my window tints?, they were originally factory fitted, anyone know where the best place to go for repair in the s.wales area is please, price would be helpful too, cheers!

iirc factory fitted window tints involve the actual glass being tinted and not a film which is applied if the windows are tinted from a company ect.

Could be wrong so apologies in advance if that is the case.

But anyway addressing the bubble lol, you could try heating it up slightly with a hair dryer and push the bubble out with a credit card wrapped in a thin cloth (glasses wipe)?

They could have been done by the dealer upon request, which would have been film.

Thanks for your replies, i have a 2005 Audi A3 2.0L Sportsback (8PA) - i bought it second hand so i cant confirm with certainty, but as far as i am aware this version was apparently made with the black film tints factory fitted, i don't want to try and fix it myself as obviously i don't want to mess it up so i think a pro doing it would be better!

As mentioned proper tints aren't a film,take your car to a reputable window tinter and let them have a look at it.