Black smoke

Beller

Reaction score
So my A4 140 Tdi is putting out black smoke & no power! So I take it out off gear rave it to 4000 rpm alls ok again going ok till I slow down no power again black smoke . Goes into safe mode! So I removed air flow meter cars running ok??
So is it just a faulty air flow meter r is it sumthing else???
Has anyone else had this r heard off it!
Air flow meter
Bosch F00C 2G2 055

Sounds like a faulty MAF but I would get it scanned by someone with VCDS. CLICKY HERE for the map to locate someone close by as they will usually do a scan for some beer tokens.

Where abouts are you from?

And welcome to the forum pal....it's a good friendly place with plenty of help.

Cheers buddy yes I done a scran myself it came up as MAF on circuit A! But just wanted to know if it was working ok what next to check!
From Northern Ireland pal
Thanks for taking the time to reply.

From my experience with MAFs on petrol engines is that if it's running better disconnected then that's 99% the problem.

Maybe the MAF has become dirty.....sometimes you can get away with trying to clean it with brake cleaner and doesn't take much to contaminate them. Are you still running the paper airfilter or an oil type after market one like a K&N as I've heard that the oil residue off one of these can foul them up.

Reactions: Beller
OK ill replace it asap! Best place to get 1?? Would you trust Ebay?? No buddy alway use audi for my service kits!! R VW!

OK so I replace the MAF now its giving me this fault??
Exhaust Gas Recirculation Control Circuit Range Performance.
Is this the EGR?? Any help would be appreciated.