Black smoke on low rpm when warm

A8D340TDI

Reaction score
Hi .. I have a 57 plate allroad 3.0tdi. If does not have dpf. When cold it accelerated and behaves like it should without smoke. However once warm it will hesitate blow black smoke and once the gearbox shift down a cloud is produced before the car takes off. It happen s every time even after a long run on the motorway. So I have new egr . new intake manifolds. Cleaned all intakes intercoolers and pipes and revealed the onces at front end. Cleaned amd pressure tested the egr cooler . The turbo has had the mr muscle clean on it and no play in it. The injectors or in spec according to vcds.. it flew past the mot. Yet it is almost undrivable because of this smoke. I can boot it hard when cold with black smoke only above 4.5k rpm. Once warm I have to keep it high revs to avoid a lot of black smoke. Could it be injector seats need changing? Is it as simple as an intake temperature sensor or may or map ? Could it indeed be the injectors ?

Your injectors are failing, common fault. Only option is to replace with a later good used set or buy new.

Your injectors are failing, common fault. Only option is to replace with a later good used set or buy new.
I thought that grey smoke was injector failure no ? Vcds also shows the injectors are in spec unless worn needles do not show up in that.., in which case is there any way I can see which ones are the worst so I can try swapping only those ones? Any idea why it only happens when the car reaches operating temperature and not before ?

i just want to be sure before investing in new injectors.

Best thing to do is your own research, there are lots of threads on this forum and on other Audi forums. I've even had the same injector failure myself, spent plenty of money before I swapped out all of the injectors. Also do a search on google again you will find more information and videos showing the faults.