Black S3. Reg: RV15 MFP

zaka7

Reaction score
Morning all, as I said yesterday, I'm looking at buying a used S3.

I have seen the following for sale, but have a couple of 'concerns' I just wondered if anyone on here has seen or knows this car? Black S3 Reg RV15 MFP??

I won't create a new thread for all potential buys to annoy you so will keep to this, but again any help appreciated.

Very fair, the concerns are just because I don't "know" it's frustrating as may be a perfect reason for it, but it missed an MOT for example, and has only had one full service, but mileage wise that could work out as being ok.

If your spending big dollar that you can't afford to get wrong, get an AA/RAC inspection done.

Very fair, the concerns are just because I don't "know" it's frustrating as may be a perfect reason for it, but it missed an MOT for example, and has only had one full service, but mileage wise that could work out as being ok.
You could download the "know your car" app. This shows all mileage history and Mot's plus any advisory..

I did a full check and it is also from a main dealer. I just had a few concerns around it's history. A missing MOT and gap between services (Time wise not mileage wise) It seems as though the car was SORN though so it all ended up making sense. Dealer said they would bedoing a full major service and haldex pump change before selling the car on, so not sure the issues are as bad as I first thought. 6 month warranty offered too.

I did a full check and it is also from a main dealer. I just had a few concerns around it's history. A missing MOT and gap between services (Time wise not mileage wise) It seems as though the car was SORN though so it all ended up making sense. Dealer said they would bedoing a full major service and haldex pump change before selling the car on, so not sure the issues are as bad as I first thought. 6 month warranty offered too.

6 month warranty is helpful, depending on the TC's inside that warranty. Honestly, if you have concerns why not spend a few hundred quid on an RAC inspection?

I had one of these done and the guy spent nearly three hours checking over the car. Had it up in the air, he was underneath like a right Sherlock Holmes. I was thoroughly impressed and wont hesitate getting one again if I ever have any concerns over a motor.

It'll put your mind at rest before you shell out, what £20k approx?

Reactions: zaka7