Black or Silver BBS on Nogaro Blue S3?

localknoxville

Reaction score
Hello, I have 18" CH BBS alloys on my Nogaro Blue S3 8L
They could do with a refurb so I thought about either getting them done Black or just kept in the standard silver colour
I did see a Noggy Blue around a while back with black CH BBS alloys on and it looked really good, whats your thoughts?
Any pics with black alloys on your Noggy Blue would be appreciated guys
Thanks

Noggy blue usually looks good with black rims, but with the BBS CH design, I'd keep them silver personally.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mrharris2
I would keep them silver too, i think black on that particular wheel will 'lose' it, if you know what I mean.

Silver or even an anthracite to tie in with the door blades.

I might be in the minority here but I really don't like black wheels on a car.

2014 10 01 182

Thanks for the replies, I think i'll keep it the way it is, it does look good and does get a lot of attention when i'm out in it, people always comment on the colour :)

They're not my wheels although I'm tempted to get my RC's done by them. Its a company called aerocoat who do an almost identical finish to the OE finish on the Golf MK4 25th anni.
Not to be confused with chrome powder coat I'm not too sure what is actually different but it seems they're the people to go to, to get this kind of result.
They do have a website…. that looks more like a gcse project than an actual business site, but the results speak for themselves!

http://aerocoat.co.uk
They're on Facebook too.

These forums never cease to me amaze me. Sometimes I am reading how everyone is dissing the standard silver look for the darker (modern look) and then....there's this thread. btw, that aerocoat above looks a bit on the 'chromy' to me.....looks very nice!

Its a subtle difference with the powder coat chrome to the ones aerocoat do. Its hard to show in pics, but when you put them next to each other its quite different.
Chrome powdercoat -
SDC15666.jpg

Aerocoat -
Image1-1.jpg

Who's 'everyone' anyway- the scene police :angrymod:?!
:laugh:

Anthracite. If you're bothering to get them painted, go for anthracite rather than stock standard silver. I always wanted mine done in anthracite but never got around to it and bought black wheels instead.

CHRs look awesome in black :)

Gloss black IMO, but then again I have all my cars with black rims, I find silver too standard and common looking.