black optics

I don't see why you couldn't just use the A5 black optics that have just released. But I'm getting the chrome wrapped black, much easier and cheaper

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Cheers Adam just getting ideas which way to go before i start mods was thinking wrapping or even getting chrome parts painted gloss black

Understand what you mean about cost Adam had the full exterior and interior carbon done on the M3 and was over 5k from what i remember shame Audi dont do the aftermarket parts like BMW

Wrapping it is much cheaper, that's what I've done.

Reactions: Craig999
On my B8 I bought black window trims and fitted them myself. Was never happy with the wrap on the chrome. Cost was around £400-500 at the time for the parts. Expensive but definitely doable. If you speak to @creweaudiparts Tom will at least be able to tell you if he can get them and how much.

Reactions: Craig999
Not sure the window trims are changeable evil
mine is a cab and im sure i read somewhere they are rivited not sure if thats correct

I don't see why you couldn't just use the A5 black optics that have just released. But I'm getting the chrome wrapped black, much easier and cheaper

Do you mind me asking what you've been quoted for that? I've been quoted £440 to dechrome, not including the grille which is £700 to replace for a black one.

Do you mind me asking what you've been quoted for that? I've been quoted £440 to dechrome, not including the grille which is £700 to replace for a black one.
£400 for mirrors, front chrome strip, side S5 vents.
£220 for RS grill, £60 to fit.

Although been told would be better to spray the mirrors gloss black along with the diffuser.

Reactions: Jonnie
Are the RS style grills a straight swap or is any cutting involved? Fancy one for my S5 after I’ve picked it up at the weekend :tearsofjoy:

Are the RS style grills a straight swap or is any cutting involved? Fancy one for my S5 after I’ve picked it up at the weekend :tearsofjoy:
Hoping there'll be a post with the details on the new pick up, as I understand it pretty much a straight swap with some trimming required on the crash bar.

Reactions: Bells
£400 for mirrors, front chrome strip, side S5 vents.
£220 for RS grill, £60 to fit.

Although been told would be better to spray the mirrors gloss black along with the diffuser.

Ah that’s not too bad, I’m trying to retain the S5 grille design but in black rather than chrome.

Wanted to avoid spending £1,300 to dechrome it but it seems like it’s going to be the only option