Black Ops

Yeah the maps seem pretty good, that nuke town is carnage !!

Well i'm quite impressed with it now TBH, had a blast last night for an hour or so and found the maps pretty good, even the nuke town, wasnt too laggy but IMO the single player missions are superb, specially like the bit in the boat with the stones playing in vietnam, ooooh and the tunnels, all in all its growing on me the more i play it.

Lemon, how the hell have you completed it so quickly??

I loved MW2 and want to feel the same about Black Ops but there are some niggly issues such as the arcadey graphics and tinny sound effects. It's not all bad though. Most of the maps are really good imo apart from nuketown (hate it)

Lol probably because I was playing it pretty much since I got it, only stop for about 3hours to do some work n have dinner.
I found the sound is way better when you have it on surround sound.

is this getting better then :(

Yeh it grows on you and you get used to it.

Well i'm quite impressed with it now TBH, had a blast last night for an hour or so and found the maps pretty good, even the nuke town, wasnt too laggy but IMO the single player missions are superb, specially like the bit in the boat with the stones playing in vietnam, ooooh and the tunnels, all in all its growing on me the more i play it.

I had one laggy game which pee'd me off a bit as I'd be shooting them first but I'd die then watch the kill cam n apparently I didn't even fire :banghead:

I thought the boat bit with the stones playing was pretty cool too, had it in the end credits too.

I played for a few hours last night whilst the misses was out and thought it was pretty good in single player campaign mode. I've not tried mutliplayer yet and probabaly won't until i've completed the game.

I would say that the graphics aren't as good as I was expecting to be honest, maybe not even on par with MW2.

Seems a bit of a flop to me, bought mine yesterday and haven't got round to playing it yet. ive only really heard bad things about it so far. I was talking to a girl who works for sainsburys who said they ordered loads in but haven't sold even half of what they thought they would.

I played a bit again today and there is shedloads of choices when you level up in setting up classes but the actual gameplay is a bit pap,I'll have to level up and play hardcore for a definite view.

Erm, not sure yet. Im only up to level 14 online so time to grow on me, but its so frustrating.

Why does it seem that I have to hit an opponent a full clip to kill, and every one who shoots at me only has look at me and I snuff it! If I watch killcam they seem to see me before I even get a shot off, but real time on my screen I shoot instant I see them and miss, and thats without a beer.

Ive also not had a game session so far without it dropping the connection, changing servers or lagging. Im sure its just teething. but its not doing my controller any good and sometimes wonder if the tv is going to get a joypad size hole in it soon.

Imo battlefield is a much more enjoyable, less frenzied, tactical, stable game, and cant wait for the 'nam version (thats Vietnam, not Chelternam )

Why does it seem that I have to hit an opponent a full clip to kill them)

Just been talking about that very thing with a couple of mates, when I was using the Famas it seemed like everytime I killed somebody I'd have to reload :(

Not to sure on this to be honest, I have not played Campaign yet, just multi player,

Its definitely growing on me some nice different touches, especially with the custom camo's cross hairs etc.. But i much prefer both of IW COD4/MW2 multi player,at this moment,

This Imo plays a bit slower not as fluid, the sound is not very good, graphics are definitely not as good as MW2.

The lag is probably down to teething problems, loads on line etc, happens to most big releases at first,so cant blame it on the game, as i remember MW2, Halo's all the same at first,

The Problems i notice are the weapons balance,Does anyone else notice this?

Assault rifles seem weak, and not accurate when fired from the sites, yet people spray you across the map with a hip fired SMG and kill you straight away:huh:.It seems most people use these now,

Also people seem to spawn behind you constantly,so when you are moving up the map with a team, all of a sudden someone is behind you.This annoys me the most,

But i will give it time, its definitely good and something different,+ there is zombie mode, campaign etc to do,

Just not as impressed with it as thought i would be , especially after watching the videos etc:gun2:,

Imo battlefield is a much more enjoyable, less frenzied, tactical, stable game, and cant wait for the 'nam version (thats Vietnam, not Chelternam )

Aye! Bad Company 2 online is the tits. Don't believe the MW2 hype.

Aye! Bad Company 2 online is the tits. Don't believe the MW2 hype.

Yep MW2 went in the bin when i got bad company 2 a much better game. By the sounds of online black ops is exactly the same as the others laggy as f**k but i havnt played it yet so i might rent it to see for myself.

looking more forward to the NAM version of battlefield, i used to be COD nut but once i played battlefield BC2 online it blew me away at how more realistic it is compared to COD series

looking more forward to the NAM version of battlefield, i used to be COD nut but once i played battlefield BC2 online it blew me away at how more realistic it is compared to COD series

New maps, then Vietnam, then BC3. The future's bright.

I've bought it yesterday through steam account. Played today for a while.
Graphics is good but game is laggy. I'm at the mission where you fly in a jet and navigate.
Didn't try multi or zombies yet. My head hurts already so enough for today.

Im Taking game back monday. Load crap i think, Lags online cartoon like. Main game is poo too!

ha bit of bad responces here.

Iv got the game today and played for 20mins or so on campaign and seems alright, will reserve judgement for online play for now, atleast until I have completed campaign. Cant see it match MWBC2 tbh because iv read you cant destroy buildings, so will get all those camping ******** on there.

Online will be slow to begin with, same as all the previous COD's, just until they sort the bugs

How the heck have you got 51870 kills already in the space of not having the game 2days ago and now? :blink:

I know, I was chuffed with that as well!! lol. I bought it on Friday night, had a few goes before the missus banned me from playing any more.

Saturday night, I was on it like Sonic, played from 6PM to 4AM without a break.

Same tonight.... hehe :).

Then Tuesday night I MUST fix my sodding manifold....

I know, I was chuffed with that as well!! lol. I bought it on Friday night, had a few goes before the missus banned me from playing any more.

Saturday night, I was on it like Sonic, played from 6PM to 4AM without a break.

Same tonight.... hehe :).

Then Tuesday night I MUST fix my sodding manifold....

I looked again a couple of hours later n you had about another 7000 kills...seriously are you like some kind of black ops demon??
I would say do you fancy a sesh later but I've got to fit a full ex system on my mates type r at 6....unless you're on there till 4am again then I doubt it will take me that long lol.

Is it just me, or do all PS3 users find the multiplayer laggy?

It's only been laggy a couple times due to my connection being crap. It does often kick me out the game or doesn't get past the loading map screen which means you either have to wait half hour for it to eventually go back to the lobby or you have to reset the ps3.

I do like how they've implemented the 3 betrayal kills and you're booted like world at war did. Except when you airstrike somewhere and suddenly your whole team decides to run there as if there was a blonde with big boobs waiting to be pleasured so you end up killing them all and get booted lol.

Last edited:
I do like how they've implemented the 3 betrayal kills and you're booted like world at war did. Except when you airstrike somewhere and suddenly your whole team decides to run there so you kill them all and get booted lol.

:lmfao:

No mate, not some sort of demon, I just do a LOT of running and gunning. I spend my entire time running round like a nutter basically....

With the lag, I find that I will be running along, pump half a clip of bullets into someone, who will then kill me, despite me firing a lot earlier.

WAW was the same when it first came out for me as well, so I'm hoping that it gets resolved.

Also, the fact that people randomly spawn behind you bugs me as well, as someone else mentioned.

RC-XDs RULE!!!

Also, the fact that people randomly spawn behind you bugs me as well, as someone else mentioned.

Yes that fecking happens to me all the fecking blooming time. I'm always getting stabbed in the fecking back, it slightly gets on my nerves!

Yes that fecking happens to me all the fecking blooming time. I'm always getting stabbed in the fecking back, it slightly gets on my nerves!

Same here. I usually do quite a bit of sniping, BUT, this just kept happening and it really ****** me off. Although, the camera spike is a nice new little feature I have started using to try and stop this from happening. Really cool. The L96A1, what a gun.

Also, I find the decoy grenade things really useful for conning people to where you want them, again, a nice touch.

Reflex sights, with the customisable red dots.... COOL!! :)

Mine isn't laggy at all. I had a good go at multiplayer online at the weekend and it's actually very good. I do have a solid 8mbs connection speed at my place so not sure if that helps perhaps.

I won't be taking it back, it's better than MW2 online for sure.

I will have to investigate this Battlefield game now though, sounds pretty good.

Mine isn't laggy at all. I had a good go at multiplayer online at the weekend and it's actually very good. I do have a solid 8mbs connection speed at my place so not sure if that helps perhaps.

I won't be taking it back, it's better than MW2 online for sure.

I will have to investigate this Battlefield game now though, sounds pretty good.

Yeah, my 4 MB isn't the best. Must set up QoS on the router for PSN traffic.... Facebook is less important on the missus' laptop, there is no doubt about that.

I'm not sure about that atm. Maybe be better when they sort all the bugs out.

I won't be taking it back though :gun2:

I'd be inclined to agree. It's a bit buggy at the moment, as they always are. It's a case of weathering the storm, and living with them in the short term.

I really liked MW2's online gameplay, once they'd sorted all the bugs, it was seamless.

I must admit, I find the gameplay in Black Ops extremely hectic, where it is so fast paced.... Which is good.

8 and 4!! Just done a speed test here Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test and mine is 2.25mbs

Also what is QoS??

Do a Ping Test as well dude. Pingtest.net - The Global Broadband Quality Test.

Speed is only one aspect of it, doing a ping test will tell you how good a quality the speed is, if that makes sense. You can have 16 MB broadband, but if the jitter across the line is bad, you want realise the potential of that speed.

More info here: Pingtest.net - Learn More

Also, QoS is Quality of Service.

Not all routers support it, but basically, on ones that do, you can configure the router to prioritise traffic on particular TCP/UDP ports. So for example, if my Playstation and the laptop are on the web at the same time, with QoS configured and running, the router will give my Playstation priority over the other traffic.

More info here: What is QoS?

Ok, maybe overstating it a bit, but i'm certainly enjoying it, the maps are pretty cool. Quite liked the manic gameplay in Nuketown!

I think black ops is pants, big big let down, it may have some bugs but I still don't think it'll be a patch on MW2...

Do a Ping Test as well dude. Pingtest.net - The Global Broadband Quality Test.

Speed is only one aspect of it, doing a ping test will tell you how good a quality the speed is, if that makes sense. You can have 16 MB broadband, but if the jitter across the line is bad, you want realise the potential of that speed.

More info here: Pingtest.net - Learn More

Also, QoS is Quality of Service.

Not all routers support it, but basically, on ones that do, you can configure the router to prioritise traffic on particular TCP/UDP ports. So for example, if my Playstation and the laptop are on the web at the same time, with QoS configured and running, the router will give my Playstation priority over the other traffic.

More info here: What is QoS?

Just done the ping test n got:
Ping: 47ms
Jitter: 1ms
Line quality: B*
Packet loss test: failed

Just done the ping test n got:
Ping: 47ms
Jitter: 1ms
Line quality: B*
Packet loss test: failed

Packet loss tests often fail mate, I wouldn't worry too much about that. It's to do with the browser normally.

B is a reasonable result, although it does say specifically: "Some online games may not perform optimally".

I also have a B grade line at home.

How the heck have you got 51870 kills already in the space of not having the game 2days ago and now? :blink:

Have I missed something here ?? Private joke ??

If that's correct than 2 days is 48hrs, if you played it straight you need over 1000 kills an hour, and that is impossible !!