Black on Black

DieselJake

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
IMG_20170802_200211.jpg

Not sure whether I'm a fan or not, think I'll get the mirrors sprayed black and rear lights black too.

Team Dynamics 17" 8.2kg 7.5J wheels... think they're et45 maybe? Either way I no longer wanted to pay silly money for 19 inch tyres so my heavier wheels will be up for grabs soon.

Needs a clean and other black bits and bobs for photo's but let me know what you guys think :happy:

Reactions: DrStrange
Yeah haha to say my car's had a few things done to it would be an understatement.

Reactions: Sandra
I'm not a fan of black wheels. Definitely not black lights on a black car, it's too dark.

Reactions: mattyboyc
I Love a blacked out motor, looking good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: DieselJake
I agree - looks really stealthy.

Awesome Jake.

But yeah, I have to agree with Nollywood..triple black is toooooo dark lol

So me personally wouldn't black out the tail lights.

If you insist on doing so, try tinting just the white reverse section of the tail light or the opposite like the ones below.

Tinted tail lights a4 b6   Google Search

Tinted tail lights a4 b6   Google Search

Haha yeah I definitely see what your saying, I quite like the idea of just darkening the red bit like the first picture but the white reverse section has some weird mark on the inside so I'll probably end up doing the lot.

Think the car is starting to look a bit "aftermarket" to be honest which is not the best look but I wasn't a fan of any silver lighter weight wheels as I thought they would stand out a bit too much plus anything that was half decent was too big and I didn't want to pay for bigger performance tyres haha. It's allot more comfortable now and has a better turning circle (presumably because these have marginally narrower tyres 235 to 225 and they sit a bit further in from around et33 with spacers to et45), I do miss the stiffer sidewalls of larger alloys though and can definitely feel a tad more body roll in the corners, oh another plus is when the car is fully loaded now it shouldn't rub on the rear which it was doing before, picks up speed slightly better too of course.

Never wanted the mirrors sprayed silver but I got it back from the bodyshop and the bloke had done it which is pretty annoying as they stick out like a sore thumb now with the black wheels (looked ok with the old wheels though to be fair).

Ah Ok, I see. Its just tint film at the end of the day so just see what you prefer the look of.

I know what you mean about looking a bit too aftermarket. Basically borderline 'rice' mode haha. Theres obviously that habit of modding too much but also agree about the silver wing mirors. Kinda prefer them to be gloss black. But yeah, a tough decision with your car being black too.

Yes those Team Dynamics are super popular and rightly so as they really are lightweight.

No matter what we do, there is always that balance between looks and performance. My old 17's would be optimal if i want better accelerstion but I dont mind suffering for the 'loo' of 19'' gloss black wheels haha.

So glad you went with the B7 S line front and not SE or the other as they look SO boring.

Awesome Jake.

If you insist on doing so, try tinting just the white reverse section of the tail light or the opposite like the ones below.

View attachment 133095

View attachment 133096

I prefer the top one, the chrome window trims just break the black up a bit.

Awesome Jake.

View attachment 133095

View attachment 133096

Not a huge fan of the blacked out look, but each to their own.
I'd have to go lower image with top image rear lights & no dark window tints.

Not a huge fan of the blacked out look, but each to their own.
I'd have to go lower image with top image rear lights & no dark window tints.

Agreed! I think subtlety is key. Toooo much black on a car and the lines and character of a car disappear.

Reactions: QuattroCalum
Looks awesome mate! Love ‘murdered out’ cars! How did you get the lines on the wings to meet the doors? Chopped the front of the B7 wings into the B6 ones?

Cheers mate, yeah cut in half as you say, bit of a nightmare but worth it to have the car how I like it.

Did you have to change much (other then the obvious) like the slam panel, rads etc? Been thinking of going down this route for a while now, prefer the B7 front end but the B6 rear and your conversion looks factory! :icon thumright:

LOTS of info on this nowadays WinterrB6.

You need;

B7 Lights and looms
B7 Bonnet
B7 Front Wings
B7 Grills
B7 Slam panel

LOTS of info on this nowadays WinterrB6.

You need;

B7 Lights and looms
B7 Bonnet
B7 Front Wings
B7 Grills
B7 Slam panel

Thanks, I have searched on this subject but mainly a lot of unhelpful replies saying “just buy a B7” etc

I got that when I was doing it, same as your thread talking about 2wd to quattro I'm surprised nobody's said just buy a quattro yet. My car had/has too many mods to just swap them all onto another car, plus theirs a load of other reasons to stick with what you've got but it's all just opinion really and people who disagree with things love to let you know their opinion online but you've just got to do what you want to do.

This is my conversation thread, it's less comprehensive than most people's as the car was mostly left in my friends hands, long and short is the tricky parts are getting the headlights working and piecing together the two wings;
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/jakes-b7-conversion-progress-thread.190651/

I like the look Jake. Personally I think it has a lot of prescence. It’s unique in a very good way. :) x

So True @DieselJake. Its ****** annoying when someone doesnt answer the questions and says, 'buy a B7'.

That basically means, I cant be bothered to help..