Black Front Grille

RobinA3

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
I have been looking on ETKA for the part no. for the black grille which comes on the optics pack, does anyone know if the following part no. is the correct one? 8P4 853 651?

I only want the grille not the black surround.

8P4 853 651 D 3FZ is the part number for the grille kit which consists of the grille, the frame (8P4 807 715 VMZ), and the audi logo (8D0 853 605).

It does not list just the grille on its own. You seem to need to buy the whole kit.

If you look on ETKA it is illustration 853-30. Item 1A is the grille kit which includes the frame (1B) and the logo (6).

PR-2JD is the code for the S-Line and 4ZM is the code for the optics pack.

Well I went for S3 version & tried even vagparts & they were more expensive than stealers with my discount, sline one was about £108 I believe, couldnt find anything cheaper than the stealers for once even on ebay.de

Ages ago I used a product called BumperCote to recolour a grey dashboard to matt black. The stuff was brilliant and actually bonds with the plastic so it doesn't flake or scratch off. You could use something like this to re-colour your existing grille to black. Have a look at http://www.kolorbond.ltd.uk/otherproducts.htm

...or for a bit of bling...
9d97_1.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/audi-a3-grill_W0QQitemZ320312126310

any idea where i could get hold of a black optics S-Line grill at reasonable price?

thanks

theres an ebay shop on ebay uk too, think its the big vw and audi store, he ships from germany though.
a few months back i got my black styling grille from them for a total of about £80, that included the grille, the black number plate holder, which is not included with the grille, and shipping from germany,
of course the euro was a lot stronger back then.

Well I went for S3 version & tried even vagparts & they were more expensive than stealers with my discount, sline one was about £108 I believe, couldnt find anything cheaper than the stealers for once even on ebay.de

Can anyone confirm this is the correct price before i buy the one off ebay for £124

Ring the stealers man & check, tonite tomorrow morning wont make any difference to postage, I get compulsory 10% but try your luck & say u can get for this price can u do cheaper good thing for me is they are multi dealers for different brands so I get free postage to local dealer 1 min round corner so most times cheaper tha vagparts

Ring the stealers man & check, tonite tomorrow morning wont make any difference to postage, I get compulsory 10% but try your luck & say u can get for this price can u do cheaper good thing for me is they are multi dealers for different brands so I get free postage to local dealer 1 min round corner so most times cheaper tha vagparts

Ok cheers, have you managed to source s3 skirts? you got an idea of price?

yes I have some fitting at moment, but they are far from cheap, £2-300 with vat luckily when they told me I was sitting down, the skirts also need new sills in bottom of door arches, as the ones you pull of to fit the skirts are not deep enough to cover the skirt fixing points, also the bottoms of the doors need new trims as existing arent thick enough as leave you with a step about 5-10mm above the skirts under the doors, might leave as this as different, lol