Black exhaust smoke and intermittent power loss! Need help identifying a part

FragrantWood

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have a 2007 Audi A3 2.0 TDI and I have recently had to replace the throttle body. Since doing so, the car looses power when accelerating in a sort of shuddering fashion, and there is also plumes of black smoke coming from the exhaust.

After doing some investigating, I think I might have caused a vacuum leak when i replaced the throttle body. In order to get access I did move and bend the intake pipe that goes into the bottom of the throttle body quite a bit so it wouldn't surprise me if it has split somewhere as its old and a bit brittle.

My question is, does anyone know the actual name of the pipe that goes into the bottom of the throttle body, and/or the OEM part no? I have been trawling the internet trying to find the right pipe but there are others that look identical but may or may not be the right length.

The pipe in question looks the same as the one in the link below and has the same end fittings (at least on the throttle body end, i'm not 100% on the other end), however I'm not sure if this is the same pipe or a different pipe somewhere else in the circuit.

Thanks for the help