1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Black Editions - perfect?

Tempz Oct 3, 2017

1. Tempz

Tempz Registered User

Does anybody else think that Audi got the 8P black edition design absolutely spot on? They make the normal S Line and Sport specs look so ordinary. I've yet to come across a modern hatch that looks so good from factory. I find myself drooling over my brother's BE! I for now have to make do with my Sport haha

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. Sayam

Sayam Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

imho it's far from perfect, but I can see why you like the BE so much compared to a Sport model...

4. SA95

SA95 Registered User

I agree with you. Started off looking at sports, then s lines, but once i saw a black edition with the grill and headlights, flat bottom and bose, knew i could never settle for a lesser s line

5. SootySport

SootySport Registered User

I thought the Sline has more kit on it than the BE as standard from from the factory.

6. Dannymoto

Dannymoto Registered User

You mean the other way around?

Sayam likes this.
  7. T8DPR

T8DPR Guest

I love the look of the black edition... in black, with the black grille (is the black grille standard on it?) and it's likely I'll get one of those next.... upon the death of my sport

8. Kaine19

Kaine19 Stage 2+ S3 8P now gone. Hello 2016 RS3 :)

I got a black edition with out even knowing haha

9. Essflee

Essflee Registered User

Yes black grill standard, it's part of the black edition pack.

10. Tempz

Tempz Registered User

Is the BE/S Line suspension setup different to the Sport?

11. thesmileyone

thesmileyone Registered User

I never understand Audi a3 specs.

SE - bottom of the range, but comes with some of the most expensive options as standard like the coming home lights and auto windscreen wipers and auto dimming rear view mirror, cruise control, armrest etc.

Then you get the Sport which costs more but has none of those.

Then S-Line which costs even more and has nothing specced as standard other than leather seats?

It is cheaper to buy an SE and fit leather and S-line bodykit than it is to buy most S-Linens then have everything else retrofitted.

I think the 8p3 S3 BE looks great. I don't think much to the normal A3 BE's they look like you wanted an S3 BE but couldnt afford one...

12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. CoolAsIce

CoolAsIce 08 CR170 Black Edition

Mine is a BE and S-Line, had to retrofit a few things such as cruise control, previous owner fitted RNS-E and a few other bits. By far the best looking cars though :)