Black Edition

Have none of you thought about getting the s-line badge for the grill?

Yeah thought about it, but i quite like the simplicity of the grill now, and the twin S Line badges on the wings like pretty nice.

Good move from Audi IMO.

I need to get an RNS-E - never had one - can you beleive that?!

Its one big toy i've been craving and never quite got round to it

Ian

Your car is v smart - looks like the alloys were matched to the Monza colour and the interior looks crisp. Did you go for intreior extras like light pack etc? Have you seen another same colour monza A3 BE on the road yet?

Black edition u get black wheels,piano black trim,rear window tints,bi,xenons ,led drl's flat bottom steering wheel from the TT and Bose sound system for £900 bargain!!!

First Post - First Audi...

I pick my Black Edition A3 5dr 170PS FWD up on Friday from Slough Audi. Hopefully will post some pics over the weekend after a quick wax.....!

Cheers!!

Bish

Bish

1 day to go !!!!

planing on getting any sleep tonight? Camping outside slough audi? :)

:racer: Enjoy tomorrow!

Your car is v smart - looks like the alloys were matched to the Monza colour and the interior looks crisp. Did you go for intreior extras like light pack etc? Have you seen another same colour monza A3 BE on the road yet?

I haven't seen another like mine yet, no. At the time i purchased there was one other indentical model, in Newcastle - however it had more miles and cost £1500 more?!

I don't have the lighting pack, but apart from that its fairly loaded with Auto lights and Auto wipers on top of the all the extras that come as aprt of the BE package. The wheels are perfect - although i just thought the graphite grey was the standard BE wheel - but someone else is saying that a Black Black Edition has Black wheels? never noticed that

I lucked out big time as the car was pre registered and i got it for a good price.

I haven't seen another like mine yet, no. At the time i purchased there was one other indentical model, in Newcastle - however it had more miles and cost £1500 more?!

I don't have the lighting pack, but apart from that its fairly loaded with Auto lights and Auto wipers on top of the all the extras that come as aprt of the BE package. The wheels are perfect - although i just thought the graphite grey was the standard BE wheel - but someone else is saying that a Black Black Edition has Black wheels? never noticed that

I lucked out big time as the car was pre registered and i got it for a good price.

I must say that the wheels on the current Black Edition are the only disappointment to me. I have the 08 version, which in North America is called the Titanium package. (don't ask me, Audi up here is a bit different. Probably since we keep getting shafted and not getting any of the fun stuff from Germany. I.e. we still can't get the S3 out here:banghead:, or the RS6 for that matter.) Back on topic however, I was kind of hoping that the 09's, after the facelift would get some redesigned wheels. But they are still the same as mine...
DSC_0180x1sml.jpg

Oh well, maybe in 2011...

Last edited:
Polished & Waxed My Black Edition Today .. Took Couple Pics After All That Hard Work.

Sal

new1.jpg

new2.jpg

090725_143346.jpg

090725_143400.jpg

090725_143559.jpg

090725_143503.jpg

090725_143804.jpg

090725_143323.jpg

090725_143443.jpg

090725_143623.jpg

090725_143632.jpg

090725_143708.jpg

new8.jpg

Last edited:
I must say that the wheels on the current Black Edition are the only disappointment to me. I have the 08 version, which in North America is called the Titanium package. (don't ask me, Audi up here is a bit different. Probably since we keep getting shafted and not getting any of the fun stuff from Germany. I.e. we still can't get the S3 out here:banghead:, or the RS6 for that matter.)

I haven't seen many with these wheels before the latest facelift, maybe there were out htere but never noticed them. What I know very well is that you need to be carefyll not to scratch them because they cost a fortune ... someone scratched mine and I can't find anyone that would repair the alloy to match the same titanium mat finish :s

By the way I believe that the "Black edition" is only called like that in the UK. The rest of Europe knows it as Titanium package. But it's really a shame they do not do the S3 over there. :(

I must say that the wheels on the current Black Edition are the only disappointment to me. I have the 08 version, which in North America is called the Titanium package.
Ah and your car looks Awesome! I have the white S-Line 09 which I love ... but your photo and car look veeeerrry nice!:applaus:

Must say thats a amazing looking A3! Do you have any more photo's?

THANKS! Just posted some in the pic thread up top. Just got the camera a few months a go so I'm a bit trigger happy with it. :photo: Meaning I have LOTS of photos... I've since covered the gray plastic on the rear valance with black vinyl... looks really good if you don't mind the fact that I mangled the vinyl install.

Car looks great! Thats my favourite photo! How you finding it any other plans? The s-line badge looks good on the front grill!
Cheers matey...like my cars fairly standard so will prob leave as is...although I'm tempted by a Custom Code remap !

We'll see.....

The fella over the road with the silver SB looks jealous......but he has BBS!:)

hmmm - I must be the only person I know not to order a black edition in black, white or silver!

I've got one on order (since July 6th), in Misano Red. Looked really nice in the showroom. My first option, normally would be black, but I already have a black car so wanted to go for something different.

Colleague in work has a sportback S Line in Ibis White which looks stunning - as long as you keep it clean!

Car is not due to be delivered until early October.... :(

My Black edition hit UK soil this morning with audi ringing me within hours of its landing to confirm when i would like to take it.... Hmmm Nest thursday on and 09 plate or after Sept 1st on a 59 plate... i just cant decide! :blink:

THANKS! Just posted some in the pic thread up top. Just got the camera a few months a go so I'm a bit trigger happy with it. :photo: Meaning I have LOTS of photos... I've since covered the gray plastic on the rear valance with black vinyl... looks really good if you don't mind the fact that I mangled the vinyl install.

I'll have a look thanks. Haha trigger happy! Thats a cheap mod i do like the rear valance in black! Does look much better i think. Vinyl always good for things and its cheap! Do you have any plans for the car?

Cheers matey...like my cars fairly standard so will prob leave as is...although I'm tempted by a Custom Code remap !

We'll see.....

Thats fine mate. Remap would be nice. But is a nice car standard anyway.
Enjoy the car!

The fella over the road with the silver SB looks jealous......but he has BBS!:)

Trust you to notice lee ha! :)

My Black edition hit UK soil this morning with audi ringing me within hours of its landing to confirm when i would like to take it.... Hmmm Nest thursday on and 09 plate or after Sept 1st on a 59 plate... i just cant decide! :blink:

I'd go for 1st Sept i know you got to wait a month but then its a newer reg 59! Lol im sure you wouldnt regret it!

Easy one - 59 plate for sure.
Always worth more and you can get drunk with the difference to pass the time!:thumbsup:

Lucky you mate - turning green here

I'll have a look thanks. Haha trigger happy! Thats a cheap mod i do like the rear valance in black! Does look much better i think. Vinyl always good for things and its cheap! Do you have any plans for the car?

Here are a couple with the blacked out valance...

July2517xx1-1.jpg

DSC_0147x2sml.jpg

Getting the valance professionally vinyled next week... or re-installed I should say since I mangled the original install pretty badly.

As for plans... for this year I am looking at mostly suspension mods. What I can afford at least. I have the H&R 22mm Rear sway bar in the mail, had them toss in the R8 oil cap while I was at it. Not sure why, just like the way it looks.
Just picked up H&R spacers:yahoo:, 15mm rear and 12mm fronts... going to get them installed this week probably. My biggest dillema is whether to go with the H&R springs, or wait till spring and save up for the Stasis Coilovers... $500 vs. $2000... hmmmm:think:.

My new Retro Solutions Digital HID kit is also on the way too.

Performance mods... I currently have the APR ECU reflash and Carbonio intake, realistically I am only likely to get a 3" turboback exhaust. But that's in the distant future still.

Hi All,

New on here, first post :salute:

I am about to order (tomorrow) a BE, currently have a 140 TDI Sline, i am now going for a new 170 DSG, i used to have DSG on a Golf GTI and think its the best thing since sliced bread.

I have a couple of questions, my dealer said the factory is shut during august, so if i order now really it wont start being processed until start of sept, is this correct ?, if so i guess i am looking at a November delivery ?, seems like a long time !

Also i think i am going for Silver, was going white but not made keen on cleaning the outside of cars, the inside i keep imaculate, but hate cleaning the outside ! lol, so for me white would look nice once a month !. My current car is black, so its either silver or red ?

I have seen a car in the dealer with silver sticthing on the seats, looks nice, anyone else had this ?, also i was not mad keen on the piano black inlays, someone on this thread said you can specify the brushed ally version ? Thoughts please guys

My spec is
3dr BE 170 TDI DSG
Half leather/Alc
Ipod
cruise
electic lumbar support
int light pack

Anything else ?

Many Thanks all :applaus:

Hi All,

New on here, first post :salute:

I am about to order (tomorrow) a BE, currently have a 140 TDI Sline, i am now going for a new 170 DSG, i used to have DSG on a Golf GTI and think its the best thing since sliced bread.

I have a couple of questions, my dealer said the factory is shut during august, so if i order now really it wont start being processed until start of sept, is this correct ?, if so i guess i am looking at a November delivery ?, seems like a long time !

Also i think i am going for Silver, was going white but not made keen on cleaning the outside of cars, the inside i keep imaculate, but hate cleaning the outside ! lol, so for me white would look nice once a month !. My current car is black, so its either silver or red ?

I have seen a car in the dealer with silver sticthing on the seats, looks nice, anyone else had this ?, also i was not mad keen on the piano black inlays, someone on this thread said you can specify the brushed ally version ? Thoughts please guys
Hello,
First of all I have the White Black Edition and I love it. I wash it once a month. Well I take it to the car wash as I don't have adrive way.
It get's dirty but i like it dirty as well :) I hate cleaning the interior though. I have no idea how you keep it clean.

Anyway. I got rid of the piano black because it is just not right for my likings on the specific car. I have to give you an advice about the iPod connector though. Be carefull as it doesn't display song titles or any info of your ipod. it will just have numbered tracks that you have to guess which ones they are.
I got the usb integration and it is exactly the same. You plug a usb stick you can have up to 8 folders with tracks which it recognises them as cd changer disks, but that's as far as it goes.
The hand part of it. Is that I can charge my phone, ipod etc... in my glove compartment via the usb :p

I was really dissapointed as I never thought they would produce something that bad and I didn't even ask when I was ordering. Now I know for the next one. I also have the blue tooth and DVD Sat nav. It works but I have problems reading me phone's (HTC Windows mobile) phonebook and the DVD Nav could be better with full postcode search, touch screen and a few other minor things.

Seats are really good as they are. And if you do not really need the lumbar support save the money for something else.

After White, I think I would go for the Red. It is rare this days and some poeple say they don't like it, but I do.

Hope I've given some helpful info. Ciao!

Thats great thanks, i think i am now going for the Sport back so, my short list of colours is white or black.:footy:

That does not sound great if the ipod dock does not display track names, sounds kind of backward in this day and age !, a cheap kenwood headunit will do that !

Does anyone know if the factory does actuall close in August ?

Thanks

Does anyone know if the factory does actuall close in August ?

Thanks

From what im hearing from my dealer i would think so, The guy who is dealing with my car says that if you were to order one today you'd be looking at a Nov/Dec delivery! According to him Audi UK have sold a years allocation of A3's in 7 months...

Have to agree with the comments on the ipod dock...it is crap...

I'm just glad I got the dealer to throw it in for nothing when negotiating the deal..!

Last edited:
Ok, Ive been told that I cant get the A4 avant Sline with the options, so now Im looking at the A3 Black Edition sportsback. Being that the audi website is about as useful as a chocolate teapot can you guys answer me some very easy questions...

Colour options - on the sportsback is it only White or Black?
Engine - can I choose from the full range of A3 engines? thinking either 200Bhp Petrol or 170 Diesel (its a comp car so I have to be fairly careful for tax)

Cheers chaps! Am slowly reading my way through this post but thought you might be able to help quicker.

Hi I'm new to this but keep reading about Black Editions and thought it was time to for people to see a red one.:redrs4:

DSC00397.jpg

DSC00401.jpg

DSC00398.jpg

DSC00402.jpg

DSC00400.jpg

Hi I'm new to this but keep reading about Black Editions and thought it was time to for people to see a red one.:redrs4:

DSC00397.jpg

DSC00401.jpg

DSC00398.jpg

DSC00402.jpg

DSC00400.jpg

Do you realize this is only the 2nd red black edition (Titanium package) A3 I have seen on any of the forums here (the first red '09 BE I've seen anywhere)? It looks absolutely sick, and that's saying something since I don't normally like red cars. :hubbahubba:

I did put a deposit on a new Silver S-Line which they had in stock but the stupid dealer sold the car twice and had to find a replacement for me, all they could find already built was a Lava Grey S-Line with no options or this Red BE, as you can see I opted for the BE.

I worried for days about the colour & wheels, but I must admit I'm glad I've had it, much more fun than my old C class estate :thumbsup:

That looks ace mate, really does !

I have gone for a black SBack, the dealer told me they are building SBacks earlier than 3 door so will hopefully get it October/November. Problem is now my current A3 will need a service before i px it !, bummer, that will feel like wasted money thats for sure !.

Thats a wicked colour, I liked it in Black, I liked it in White, but I absolutely love it in Red.

I take it thats the standard Red and not Misano?

Waiting to see what Audi do to replace the Exec pack on the A4 but looking likely that I might get my order in for a Black edition (in red) on Tuesday...

2.0d Quattro.

That looks ace mate, really does !

I have gone for a black SBack, the dealer told me they are building SBacks earlier than 3 door so will hopefully get it October/November. Problem is now my current A3 will need a service before i px it !, bummer, that will feel like wasted money thats for sure !.

A number of dealers around the midlands have 3 door Black Editions in stock, unless you want some special extras I'm sure you could get one quicker, when they cocked my order up I was offered 5 different 3 door BE but I need a SBack to get my daughter & the dogs in.

Maybe worth ringing round, save the money on the service

Hi :sign_welcome: to the forum

Car looks great. Wasnt really a fan of Sportsback till i joined on this forum! I'd 100% own yours looks the business! But yours looks great dark alloys tints and black grill! Those three photos are my favourite! Dont think there many Misano Red Black Edition on the forum! Enjoy the car and congratz on getting it. At least you got a nice car in the end after all that trouble.

Ashley

Hi all,
I'm a newbie to this forum and thought i'd pop in and say hello.
Ordered my Audi A3 black edition 1.8 petrol a few weeks ago now and have been told it will be ready around october november kind of time.
Very excited as i currently have a mazda 2 sport 1.5 which im going to sell when i get back in a months time.
Question though, what can i expect when i get my audi, should i drive it for a few thousand miles before taking it over a certain speed?
Also, should i look to buying anything extra like this vcd or whatever its called to monitor any problems?

I didn't get the interior light pack which im thinking i may regret, does this mean ill have no interior lights apart from the front and back ceiling lights?

Rgds

Briss