Black Edition

Looks crackin...just need to see a Sportback version now !

Will probably go for a light tint on mine for the front windows. Should help blend in with the privacy glass....

n684726284_2623245_4706481.jpg

n684726284_2623246_6638887.jpg

(they put on the wrong wheels .....)

Chris

No mate, mines not arriving until end of April! I have become slightly obsessed with trying to find what it was going to look like!!!..found this on youtube yesterday!. I'm changing my alloys to the New S3 versions and swapping the grille out for the S3 but with the sline badge like sem has done... Really don't like the grille as it is. Cant' wait!... I'm just hoping that the Grille I have purchased will swap straight out!

Production confirmed usually means 3-4 weeks in my experience from work. They have to build and then transport from Germany somewhere .. Black edition looks sweet. Just ordering an S3 any time now and lead time is still 12 weeks same as a factory order sport 3dr 1.9tdie i ordered last month. I think Audi actually got it down to 3-4 weeks at one point but then brought a load of special deals out and it went back to 12. I think that all of last year it was between 12 and 20 weeks!!!

Looks Mint, be better with the shaddow alloys but looks better in white i think. You getting the right alloys put in?

Thanks to evapor8 for linking these pics for me.. Got them sent to me by the garage where ive ordered a white 3 door...

A3_Ibis_white_-_Black_Editon_Rear.jpg

Sorry for the size of the pics, should have streched and skewed before uploading.

Just placed a order from Ipswich Audi for a 2.0T Phantom Black Black Edt with iPod, Cruise Control & Bluetooth. i shall be retro fitting a Nav unit and may get Hazzy Days to fit the auto lights & wipers kit.

Looking in to stage 2 mapping but wonderd what the standard clutch can cope with?

The two week wait now starts.....

Just placed a order from Ipswich Audi for a 2.0T Phantom Black Black Edt with iPod, Cruise Control & Bluetooth. i shall be retro fitting a Nav unit and may get Hazzy Days to fit the auto lights & wipers kit.

Looking in to stage 2 mapping but wonderd what the standard clutch can cope with?

The two week wait now starts.....

You've only got to wait 2 weeks??

mhill yes the clutch will be able to take the power increase
when i i was looking for a remap for my 2.0t AMD increase was 60bhp = 260bhp. The only time i'd upgrade the clutch was if i could feel it slipping or if you got a stage 2 remap.
Wouldnt hurt to upgrade the clutch from the fast remap. I'd just wait in till i knew it needed it!

Hope that helps

The white sportback looks crackin..beginning to think I should have gone for that instead of black.

Anyone know what my chances of changing colour with Audi are - Build date March 9th onwards ?

Probably for the best...might go off the white after a while and I'm kinda signed up with this car for 4 years....black will alway be in fashion !

You've only got to wait 2 weeks??

Ipswich managed to find the car in another dealers stock.

mhill yes the clutch will be able to take the power increase
when i i was looking for a remap for my 2.0t AMD increase was 60bhp = 260bhp. The only time i'd upgrade the clutch was if i could feel it slipping or if you got a stage 2 remap.
Wouldnt hurt to upgrade the clutch from the fast remap. I'd just wait in till i knew it needed it!
Hope that helps

There is no way the clutch will take stage 2 power levels?

Probably for the best...might go off the white after a while and I'm kinda signed up with this car for 4 years....black will alway be in fashion !

My thoughts exactly

Wait til you see one in the flesh... Ibis white is proper mint.. Basically the only colours to go for are black or white...
The white looks amazing with the black trim/wheels and especially the tint...
White will hold its colour as they look that good in white, the car wont all of a sudden look bad in 3 years time.. You see 06 plate white A3's now and you still notice them, black is ten a penny so doesnt stand out so much.... Black is very good, White just hits it with the Black Edition..

Dont get me wrong, the consensus is the Black Editon's are there but i love white top marque cars. The A3 Black Edition just does it in white..

Get more pics up and lets appreciate them.
Cheers

Saw my first Black edition in the flesh today... The titanium alloys look way better than any photos I've seen so far and really finish the car off.

The DRL looked pretty cool as well.

4 weeks to go !!!!

I was in my Audi Garage today, they have a Black Sportback in the showroom.. Looks very very good.. Think the sportback actually looks better in black and the 3 door in white. Preference though.

The grill definitely needs changing, get the S3 grill (black) dropped in there and mod the badge for an s line. Very nice looking cars in the flesh..

Never said it would, said i'd upgrade it after or just before i went for a stage 2 upgrade before the problems and slipping start. If i just was adding another 60bhp i wouldnt upgrade it. Doesn't seem to be a problem with few people i know who had there car's or a3 tuned to extra 40-60bhp

Ipswich managed to find the car in another dealers stock.

There is no way the clutch will take stage 2 power levels?

My thoughts exactly

Any more photos (interior as well) of the Black Edition in white?

Audi have quoted me 283.00 to order and fit the S3 grill into my Black edition when it arrives.

I used part no 8P0 853 651 FVMZ for the black S3 grill - I hope this is right and that it will fit - If anyone can confirm it would be much appreciated.

I'll be looking to remove the S3 badge and replace with an S-line - anyone
know which s-line badge would fit the S3 grill ?

Cheers

Audi have quoted me 283.00 to order and fit the S3 grill into my Black edition when it arrives.

I used part no 8P0 853 651 FVMZ for the black S3 grill - I hope this is right and that it will fit - If anyone can confirm it would be much appreciated.

I'll be looking to remove the S3 badge and replace with an S-line - anyone
know which s-line badge would fit the S3 grill ?

Cheers

According to Sem you need to do a bit of modifying ...

http://audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=64620

That S3 grill is gonna be popular for the Black Edition isn't it!

Chris

Thanks...am just a little nervous of ordering and then Audi telling me it does'nt fit !

Not sure about 'machining' the S-line badge as am not sure what that entails to be honest. I'm not that hands with this kinda thing and am more likely to screw it up !

Was hoping a straight swap clip/bracket badge thing would be the way to go.

Decisions decisions..

Thanks evapor8, those pictures look fantastic. Wow. White is the colour with the Black Edition I think!

Thanks evapor8, those pictures look fantastic. Wow. White is the colour with the Black Edition I think!

I think you're mistaken Mikey .... Phantom Black will definitely be better ... they're just being a bit slow on delivery!!

:whistle2:

I will acknowledge that the front end of the white one looks top though!