Black Edition

The new (G-version) navigation Plus is way better than the old one!
- HQ LED Screen
- Calculate routs much much faster
- Parkingsensors is shown in the monitor (If you have Parkingssystem plus)
- Supports new SD cards up to 32GB
- Plays DVD (Movies)

Thank you Samepoint ... it's a shame the tech pack does not include a DAB radio. Any recommendations on an SD card?

Does new RNS-e come with a media cable to attach an external USB hard drive?

SD Card wise, Mymemory.co.uk have a 32Gb SDHC card with 20Mb write / read speed for £21 on offer (55% off) this week. Sale of the f****** century.

Does new RNS-e come with a media cable to attach an external USB hard drive?

SD Card wise, Mymemory.co.uk have a 32Gb SDHC card with 20Mb write / read speed for £21 on offer (55% off) this week. Sale of the f****** century.

Ordered :yahoo:

Ordered A3 2.0TDi 170 BE in ibis white on 12/03/11, now in the country and should be at the dearlers next week. Waiting till 1st September for 61 reg. Havent had any problems with delivery at all :yahoo:

Hi,

New to Forum and new to Audi - so forgive me for the noob and quite possibly repeated questions but:

Have just ordered a new A3 SB 2.0 TFSI BE

I originally wanted to order a 1.8 but then the dealer told me about the waiting list for factory builds.... :ohmy:

So he offered a "physical" 2.0 with parking sensors and non smoking pack that is apparently unregistered at another dealer. I am supposed to be getting this on 1st of Sept with 61 plate.

However looking at some of the horror stories - do you think this could be rubbish and I have a long wait to look forward too, or if it is physical should i hope to get it as promised??

Also I was a little worried about the 2.0 - i test drove it and loved the power but a little worried its gonna r@pe the bank man with the cost of petrol at the moment? Is it horrific? I have 1.8i Focus now and that seems to do 35mpg max. (heavy and underpowered no doubt).

The last squabble was that its in Brilliant Black, and I was hoping for the Phantom. I think dealer got annoyed that I had a little period about it - so they have offered to give it the AutoGlym free to give it a bit more shine.. Looking at the photos the Brilliant does look deep and lovely when clean - but is this the wrong choice? Does it show scratches easily?

Again, forgive the somewhat silly questions, but so excited about getting it but looking at some of the threads looks like there may be a few hurdles to get over yet!

The last squabble was that its in Brilliant Black, and I was hoping for the Phantom. I think dealer got annoyed that I had a little period about it - so they have offered to give it the AutoGlym free to give it a bit more shine.. Looking at the photos the Brilliant does look deep and lovely when clean - but is this the wrong choice? Does it show scratches easily?

Definatley try and get a look at a brilliant black beside a phantom black at the dealers.

IMO brilliant is bad as it's flat. It looked almost freshly painted blackboard to me.

I'm expecting a call tomorrow morning. If they bull**** me then boom, order will be cancelled.

Got my eye on something else that could be on my drive within a week if they **** me about any more. Infact I'm just this minute back from checking one out ;) lol.

10 days and still no phonecall.

This is going to get messy.

Tried a DVD, and true.. it didn`t work!! Will go to my dealer and tell him to refund all my money!! :haha:

new to all this, but had an A4 on demo last week and that played DVD's is it the same sytem?

Hello all, I now have a 32gb SDHC card which I'd like to start loading up with music prior to delivery in November (I have plently of time). I have some questions which I'm sure one of you nice folk will be able to answer.
1) Is it just MP3 files that the RNS will handle?
2) What is the max bitrate of the music file that the RNS will handle?
3) Is there a particular folder structure I should follow i.e Artist Name/Album Name/filename

Many thanks !

Yea just mp3's afik. I had to convert some of mines.

I do Artist > album > tracks.

Easiest to navigate.

Make sure you don't have any weird files in their like album cover pictures or txt files or anything else like that. The RNSe doesn't like them. I always put mp3s at 320kbps. Sounds awesome on the BOSE :p

Bit of a strange question but people that have received a brand new BE did you get floor mats included? Using the Audi configurator it says Rear mats are included but i can't see any mention of if the Front mats and if they are also included?! I'm assuming they are and it's just a mistake on the system but just wanted to check.

Cheers, Mark

Bit of a strange question but people that have received a brand new BE did you get floor mats included? Using the Audi configurator it says Rear mats are included but i can't see any mention of if the Front mats and if they are also included?! I'm assuming they are and it's just a mistake on the system but just wanted to check.

Cheers, Mark

I got them with mine pal so you should be good!!! If not demand them anyway the amount of money you are spending....

I got them with my BE and it does state front and rear mats in the brochure under the s-line model which you get plus the BE extras.

Parted with my TT at the weekend there sad to see it go but the running cost were getting too much.

Now ive got a hold of an A3 2.0 TDI black edition. im surprised by how it drives, its not that much of a difference from the TT. Got the majority of the gadgets and stuff but parked next to an S3 at work today and i think mine needs lowering.

can anyone point me in the direction of some S3 springs, i assume they would be just a straight swap.

Will get some pics up when this crap scottish weather clears up

Dazz

Has anyone else had their BE turn up from waiting ages? Just in need of a few pics to help ease the pain! I've only got about 75 days to go! And to think the first delivery date was only next week :sob:

Hi Guys,I put a deposit on an S3 Black Edition yesterday. Just wanted your opinions on the deal...i think its a good one. The car is a Demo car, so its an 11 plate with 3500 miles. Its Ibis white with option of sunroof and bucket seats. I had a 2005 clio 182 with a trade in value of £2200 and paid a £1000 deposit. I have taken out a 4 year PCP at £453 a month with a final payment of £10700 after the 4 years.
Is this a good deal? I think it seems a good one considering its got the buckets seat option.
I had a 2005 clio 182 with a trade in value of £2200 and paid a £1000 deposit. I have taken out a 4 year PCP at £453 a month with a final value of £10700 after the 4 years.
Is this a good deal? I think it seems a good one considering its got the buckets seat option.

Hi Guys,I put a deposit on an S3 Black Edition yesterday. Just wanted your opinions on the deal...i think its a good one. The car is a Demo car, so its an 11 plate with 3500 miles. Its Ibis white with option of sunroof and bucket seats. I had a 2005 clio 182 with a trade in value of £2200 and paid a £1000 deposit. I have taken out a 4 year PCP at £453 a month with a final payment of £10700 after the 4 years.
I had a 2005 clio 182 with a trade in value of £2200 and paid a £1000 deposit. I have taken out a 4 year PCP at £453 a month with a final value of £10700 after the 4 years.

hard to tell unless you add how much is the S3

Definatley try and get a look at a brilliant black beside a phantom black at the dealers.

IMO brilliant is bad as it's flat. It looked almost freshly painted blackboard to me.

That reminds me....Must put up some more pics of my 11 plate BE in "Freshly painted blackboard" Brilliant Black now its done 13k miles. Still looks mint to me..but you decide..

A few shots of my new BE...

Photo%2001-10-2011%2010%2014%2052%20PM.jpg

Photo%2001-10-2011%2010%2014%2059%20PM.jpg

Photo%2001-10-2011%2010%2015%2003%20PM.jpg

Photo%2002-10-2011%2008%2046%2049%20AM.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Paul C and Harrelson
Looks nice mate, just like mine except different wheels.

Anyone know of where i can get some lowering springs from? i've seen some for a standard a3 2.0 that would lower it 30mm but dont know if the BE is already lower than standard.

any help much appreciated.

Dazz

Had a call from the lease company today - my order has been brought forward from the first week in December to the end of November! Hardly worth the call really!! :shrug:

Fingers Crossed .. Picking her up next week.

Sal

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Paul C
Very nice ST09 - Is that a brand new one?

Ex demo only got 900 miles on it ... I can't deal with the hassle of build dates and etc ... Buy ex demo keep it for 10 - 11 months and then move on .. Hence the reason I don't spend on modding cars :)

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

Fingers Crossed .. Picking her up next week.

Sal

Stunning car, but is it just me or are 18's starting to look too small for the A3. I've got exactly the same wheels coming on mine in 2 weeks and even the missus said they will have to be changed for 19's as the 18's look too small in the arches. Don't know if its the dark colour of the rotors, but they look like 17's in the arches. That aside, VERY nice car.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well i have got the final delivery date today - its booked in for November 30th :yahoo: i hope its worth the wait! I've already got cup holder concerns - where am i going to put my cuppa in the morning so i can still use the arm rest ?? :uhm:

Stunning car, but is it just me or are 18's starting to look too small for the A3. I've got exactly the same wheels coming on mine in 2 weeks and even the missus said they will have to be changed for 19's as the 18's look too small in the arches. Don't know if its the dark colour of the rotors, but they look like 17's in the arches. That aside, VERY nice car.

exactly my thought... my 18" under my a3 also look more like 17's... :s makes me wanna get me hands on 19 - 20's... :p

Anyone on here had replacement tyres on standard 18" rims ? Mine came with Bridgestone Potenza 225/40/18 92Y but after 20k I've just replaced both front tyres with Pirelli PZero Rosso ZR Asymmetric. Now feels like its running on black ice. Doesn't feel as stable on motorway and lacks feel on A and B roads, tends to understeer "a lot". And yes I've done a few hundred miles on em, so they're "run in". Just checked out the Pirelli website and it says P Zero Rosso Directional tyres are recommended for front axle and Asymmetric for rear axle or "all round application". The car now corners like S**t.

Last edited:
You got 20k miles on the front. WOW thats impressive.

The P Zero is a very soft rubber compound but not sure why it should feel like you're on ice.

Talk to Audi.

Had ours 9 months now. Cracking car. No problems at all apart from 2 minor dings (when not in the car). Got the first geezer who drove his Merc into it, sadly second one did a runner and cost £200. Don't people care these days.

Only thing i would not rate on a BE is the stupid tints. Reversing light is useless the windows are so dark and the auto dim rear view mirror is also a waste of time with tints as well, you lose all perspective of distance when all you can see is two round glows in the mirror. Cars could be 10ft behind or 100yds.

Only thing i would not rate on a BE is the stupid tints. Reversing light is useless the windows are so dark and the auto dim rear view mirror is also a waste of time with tints as well, you lose all perspective of distance when all you can see is two round glows in the mirror. Cars could be 10ft behind or 100yds.

Reversing at night is a real challenge, the factory tints are much darker than the aftermarket ones I had on previous car. Never had to turn off the dimming mirror in last S3, but somtimes with this car I'll even stick my head out the window for a double check. Wonder if you can get a brighter reverse light bulb (maybe LED) that won't throw errors. The single light is gash.

Glad its not just me Warren :) TBH i thought my reversing lights had blown...when i checked there was only one working and that was really dim. Now i find that there is only one anyway..lol Need to look into brighter bulbs :)

You got 20k miles on the front. WOW thats impressive.

The P Zero is a very soft rubber compound but not sure why it should feel like you're on ice.

Talk to Audi.

They don't feel soft and grippy, but if they are then maybe they'll only last 10k so I get better one's next time.

Well I picked it up yesterday after a 9 and a half month wait! Total winnnnnnn!!