Black Edition

That's the iPod interface, not the AMI.

AMI has a cable that connects and had a drawer that the iPod sits in.

AMI-01.jpg

Ahhh ok. Next stupid question, do you actually get provided with a cable? I'm guessing no. At the moment I only have an iPod Touch 2nd Gen, will I have any problems using this? If it isn't compatible then I may well drop the Tech Pack all together.

Ahhh ok. Next stupid question, do you actually get provided with a cable? I'm guessing no. At the moment I only have an iPod Touch 2nd Gen, will I have any problems using this? If it isn't compatible then I may well drop the Tech Pack all together.

I'm certain I read that it supports any iPod from Gen 4 onwards, and Gen 4 were out in early 2004.(that's a Gen 4 in the picture btw) More pictures here.

As for the cable, it doesn't come with one but ask your dealer nicely and they should chuck it in for free.

I'm certain I read that it supports any iPod from Gen 4 onwards, and Gen 4 were out in early 2004.(that's a Gen 4 in the picture btw) More pictures here.

As for the cable, it doesn't come with one but ask your dealer nicely and they should chuck it in for free.

Thank you for the information Adam, really appreciate it. I think I will go ahead and process the order through the leasing company.

Ok great, I thought as much - just getting last minute nerves :) Thanks.

The red looks really nice even with the new wheels, it doesn't stone chip so bad either for some reason. My Ibis looks like it's peppered from the front now.

Has anyone got a BE with just the standard Concert stereo? If so does it have a slot in the glove box for a CD changer or not? I know Audi do glove boxes with a specific slot but not sure if they fit them as standard if a CD changer isn't ordered... I'm Trying to work out if it's something else I would have to buy as well as the actual changer. Cheers people. Mark

Thank you for the information Adam, really appreciate it. I think I will go ahead and process the order through the leasing company.

My dealer chucked the ipod cable in without me asking but I also asked if you can get a usb version as I had an mp3 player and he chucked that one in too!

Oh Nick, I had the first service last week and had the R8 for the morning, wasn't that nice a drive at all, took a TT out after and was much more fun.

Oh Nick, I had the first service last week and had the R8 for the morning, wasn't that nice a drive at all, took a TT out after and was much more fun.

How many miles was the first service Richy.... also, is it the norm for them to hand an R8 out as courteousy car???

I'm on the long life service so was 18k, new set of front tyres, oil and pollen filter £280 (excluding tyres).

No they don't normally give out the nice toys but saying that I've driven most of the stock now, don't ask don't get. Already got the RS3 booked in for a thrash :)

Im on good terms with the director there.

I'm on the long life service so was 18k, new set of front tyres, oil and pollen filter £280 (excluding tyres).

No they don't normally give out the nice toys but saying that I've driven most of the stock now, don't ask don't get. Already got the RS3 booked in for a thrash :)

Been in Derbyshire, is it Derby or Sheffield branch??? im in sheffield and will probably be using Meadowhead....

I would image the R8 may be a bit harsh but cant believe you didnt like it to drive! I have got a Silverstone thingy in one next month, not sure how much they let you 'open it up' but will let you know what I think. I must admit though they are quite expensive and the TT is good fun, my mates TTS is awesome so I would have the thought the TTRS must be pretty amazing!!

Your service was about the same as mine then mate, although I just had 4 new tyres put on Saturday (great way to spend £500 on your birthday!)

Will they allow a +1 on the RS3 test drive? :thumbsup:

Wooooooo!!! 2 weeks ago I was told build date end of July delivery early september. Today was told it's at the dealers and being delivered Tuesday! Excited much.........

Wooooooo!!! 2 weeks ago I was told build date end of July delivery early september. Today was told it's at the dealers and being delivered Tuesday! Excited much.........

that's good news but how did they get the date so wrong. i know its an estimate but still?? what if you decided to fly out of the country for a month thinking its coming in sep?

This guy has the fastest delivered BE in history.

Has to have been a canceled ordered surely?

:sob:

I've had it ordered since feb! Through company lease policy, they kept telling me end of July build beginning of sept delivery, then got email yesterday that was at the dealers!

My bad, Missed that bit. Must be someone else I was thinking of lol!!!

FML. Dealer just called.

Delivery has moved to 5th of December. RAGE

FML. Dealer just called.

Delivery has moved to 5th of December. RAGE

Sh*t, did they give a reason why? That's two people now who were given Sept who have now been told Dec, hope theres not a pattern forming!

I kinda changed from a 140 tdi to a 170 :applaus:

The order gets cancelled and re ordered, My mates has been moved to december as he change from a 140 to a 170 aswel.

Ah well, better be worth the wait.

Fair enough, I wonder if it will be one of the last ones built before they release the new model? U never know...

I was given a late September, early October date. Spoke to my dealer today and not got a build week but apparently there is a slight hold up on all BEs due to the tyres at the moment...

I was thinking that lol. Should have been ready for a 61 as well. Now it'll be middle of the number plates.

(didn't mean to dislike your post btw I clicked the wrong place)

I was thinking that lol. Should have been ready for a 61 as well. Now it'll be middle of the number plates.

(didn't mean to dislike your post btw I clicked the wrong place)

No worries, I've got a up a private plate anyway so people wont be able to tell its a 61... good when you've got a old car, bad when it's brand new!

Ordered some chrome pedals off eBay for 70 (brand new) they arrived today, will look good but cant believe they aren't standard on a BE.

Ordered some chrome pedals off eBay for 70 (brand new) they arrived today, will look good but cant believe they aren't standard on a BE.

can you link to the seller please buddy?

Fair enough, I wonder if it will be one of the last ones built before they release the new model? U never know...

Great i have to wait 6 months for a car, only for it to be replaced with a newer model :banghead:

No worries, I've got a up a private plate anyway so people wont be able to tell its a 61... good when you've got a old car, bad when it's brand new!

I was thinking the same. Will need to get myself a set of them!

Great i have to wait 6 months for a car, only for it to be replaced with a newer model :banghead:

New one looks sh.. anyways. ;)

My Black Edition arrived on Tuesday!! Posted some pictures below!!!
dsc0121rd.jpg

dsc0122ra.jpg

dsc0124p.jpg

Finally got them to upload!!!

Reactions: Harrelson
Its Scuba Blue, looks gorgeous! Its the Standard 2.0 TDi 140 with Cruise control, Mobile Prep Kit and the sound package!