Black Edition

Great looking car, but one question....

Is the Alcantara non-perforated or is it just the angle of the photo the make it look plain?

I'd be interested to know if it was a change you requested when ordering, as I'm just in the process of ordering a Sportback BE 2.0TDI 170 as a company car and prefer the plain alcantara (i.e. as applicable to the Sport range) to the perforated stuff that is standard on the BE's.

Thanks

Yer it is the angle.. it is the perforated stuff.. To be honest, initially I prefered the smooth stuff I had in my s3, but it has grown on me - now I really like the perforated stuff, it feels reall nice and looks more modern somehow than the previous stuff...?

I had a similar problem but don't have sat nav - I adjusted my gala settings and that seems to have sorted it.

Hey, i have ordered a BE 170BHP 3 door. I was just wondering how you've managed to get one with a black roof? Is it after market or can it be done by audi? Thanks.

Hey, i have ordered a BE 170BHP 3 door. I was just wondering how you've managed to get one with a black roof? Is it after market or can it be done by audi? Thanks.

I think you are going to find that it is the open sky roof option on the sportback iirc

Its a optional extra sunroof called "Open sky panoramic sunroof" and its only on Sportbacks.

Really nice looking 8P... but that number plate???? Why? Really not the best mate.

Oi pilot.. I asked you a question, don't just make a b*tchy throwaway comment because your mrs hasn't put out and then refuse to qualify it...:aggressive:

Reactions: Adam.
Oi pilot.. I asked you a question, don't just make a b*tchy throwaway comment because your mrs hasn't put out and then refuse to qualify it...:aggressive:

Sorry mate, I just don't understand your comment. Not intending to be Bitchy at all. All I thought was the Paintshop swirly number plates looked a bit silly. ;-0

Finally I received my new Brilliant Red Black Edition 2.0tdi 170 on Thursday - less than 5 months after I ordered it - must be some kind of record. It's bog standard, other than the addition of cruise control and a Dension iPod kit that went in straight away. 700 miles done so far and pretty pleased with it. Colour was my daughter's choice - when deciding on which car to get her opinion was that it should be red....

Finally I received my new Brilliant Red Black Edition 2.0tdi 170 on Thursday - less than 5 months after I ordered it - must be some kind of record. It's bog standard, other than the addition of cruise control and a Dension iPod kit that went in straight away. 700 miles done so far and pretty pleased with it. Colour was my daughter's choice - when deciding on which car to get her opinion was that it should be red....

Hi Nicksa3

Glad your please with your car, how are you finding the 170? Did you opt for Manual or S-Tronic?. I have a new 170 SB BE S-Tronic and done just over 1000 miles and loving every minute of it.

I went for the manual; costs were escalating as it was! But so far, it's great. I'm hoping the engine will loosen up a bit, but it's one hell of an improvement over my last car, a Honda Accord.

Selling my 2010 Java Green Audi A3 Black Edition...

2010 AUDI A3 S LINE Black Edition TDI *exclusive paint* | eBay UK

$(KGrHqZ,!g4E2eQ7SdtNBNynj5Fqqg~~_12.JPG

$(KGrHqUOKisE3G+OKBSHBNynjgj71!~~_12.JPG

$(KGrHqF,!h8E2I+UCyWsBNynkyswlw~~_12.JPG

$(KGrHqQOKiQE2h+fLF64BNynkCKJ)g~~_12.JPG

$(KGrHqQOKj!E26J262!qBNynkofp5Q~~_12.JPG

First Post!!

Just ordered 2.0 TDI (140) Sportback Black Edition in Brilliant Black. Only option I went for was the interior lighting pack! was going to go for the ipod dock, but after reading how pants it is I cancelled that option!

Been given a delivery date of 01/11/2011 which isn't too bad by the sounds of things!?

Can't wait!! ... only 167 days to go :sob:

A you saying iPod dock or AMI is pants?

I've had both and the AMI is far from pants.

totally agree mate - AMI sounds great, but you can only have it if you also spec the RSN-E correct? I was talking about the ipod dock with the standard headunit being pants!!

totally agree mate - AMI sounds great, but you can only have it if you also spec the RSN-E correct? I was talking about the ipod dock with the standard headunit being pants!!

Yeah you need the RNS-E to get the AMI.

Standard iPod kit is crap. Much better spending the money on a Dension gateway.

I agree the standard CD Changer type iPod dock isn't up to much, I was simply concerned you'd discounted the AMI :icon_thumright:

First Post!!

Just ordered 2.0 TDI (140) Sportback Black Edition in Brilliant Black. Only option I went for was the interior lighting pack! was going to go for the ipod dock, but after reading how pants it is I cancelled that option!

Been given a delivery date of 01/11/2011 which isn't too bad by the sounds of things!?

Can't wait!! ... only 167 days to go :sob:

I ordered Sound Pack (which upgrades CD to 6x and includes IPOD dock) as you say it's pretty crap for a £200 option - Just use the AUX socket - its free !!

Yeah you need the RNS-E to get the AMI.

Standard iPod kit is crap. Much better spending the money on a Dension gateway.

I have to say i found it such hard work picking the extras from the brochure!

I've just checked my order confirmation with the lease company and i've managed to order the AMI, but not the RNS-E ! I wonder what i will end up with!

I think i might end up buying a Dension gateway!

I have to say i found it such hard work picking the extras from the brochure!

I've just checked my order confirmation with the lease company and i've managed to order the AMI, but not the RNS-E ! I wonder what i will end up with!

I think i might end up buying a Dension gateway!

Yeah I found it very confusing! In the end the price of the AMI & RNS-E combined was way too much! (if it was cheaper I would've gone for it as i think it's a great bit of kit!!)

Will probably end up going for the Dension gateway as the sensible option!

Strange one!

I had the Dension in my Leon and it appeared on the DIS in full, You navigated the same way you would on the iPod screen. Would defo get another one.

DSC_1740-1.jpg

Hi People,

Iam looking to sell my 2010 60 plate 3 door black edition 1.8tfsi and wanted to get an idea of how much I would look to get for it?. It has done 8011 miles, phantom black If anybody can help would be much appreciated.

Hi People,

Iam looking to sell my 2010 60 plate 3 door black edition 1.8tfsi and wanted to get an idea of how much I would look to get for it?. It has done 8011 miles, phantom black If anybody can help would be much appreciated.
Your best bet is to put your spec. in the Audi Used website and see if there's a match, if so you have your price

Strange one!

I had the Dension in my Leon and it appeared on the DIS in full, You navigated the same way you would on the iPod screen. Would defo get another one.

DSC_1740-1.jpg

I have to say this is what i thought was going to happen with the AMI in the Audi. But after reading the above, i'm now even more confused than when i read the brochure!!

I test drove a Passat and that had the VW equivalent of the AMI and it was great, all the music info came up on the DIS. I hope i'm lucky and thats how it works in the A3

I have to say this is what i thought was going to happen with the AMI in the Audi. But after reading the above, i'm now even more confused than when i read the brochure!!

I test drove a Passat and that had the VW equivalent of the AMI and it was great, all the music info came up on the DIS. I hope i'm lucky and thats how it works in the A3
If you have the technology pack it will happen

Strange one!

DSC_1740-1.jpg

How much is this Denison Kit (I know there's various options) but I would just like to play my Ipod by choosing the options through DIS as above. And is it a DIY fit or dealer/shop fit ?

Guys,

What is it that's so bad about the Ipod dock in the glove box?

I've not had the order confirmation so there could still be a chance to change, save my money and get the Denison kit. Which looks awesome if it works the same way as shown above.

I got it for my birthday from my old man but I think it was around £129 with the cable.

Dead easy to fit, just pop the stereo out then fir that between the quadlock on the back of the headunit and run the ipod cable into the glove box!

:)

Guys,

What is it that's so bad about the Ipod dock in the glove box?

I've not had the order confirmation so there could still be a chance to change, save my money and get the Denison kit. Which looks awesome if it works the same way as shown above.

You get the first 6 playlists. It's just epically **** tbh, no way of selecting what you want and then when it does play, it's all random.

It's actually that much of a fail that I still burn tunes onto cd's when I use my dad's A3!

Longwait4aBE - was that you at Morrisons on Monday (23/05/11)?

Simplythebest - when did you order your BE? I ordered early April and have been told July / August... Not had a confirmed delivery date yet so not getting my hopes up...

Ordered mine two weeks ago been told 4th November :( hopefully it will speed up!! Ordered a 140ps hb s-tronic BE Brilliant black, fld mrrs, Ipod connection

Simplythebest - when did you order your BE? I ordered early April and have been told July / August... Not had a confirmed delivery date yet so not getting my hopes up...

Hey s1ngy... Ordered it in mid February and getting it two weeks sooner than the delivery date :) I am sooo excited now I will not sleep this weekend haha got a few good mods to be done :)

I had ordered a Red 2.0TDi (170) S-Line Black Edition Quattro with Comfort pack and Ipod kit :)Think there was something else but cant quite remember haha

Last edited:
I bet, that's awesome! hope mine comes 2 weeks early! i've not been able to sleep since early April :)

Make sure you post some pics next week!