Black Edition

Diamond! car looks great man.

get them rear badges off though, you know it makes sense!

Trying to get a meet up and running for the forum regulars but works been too mad at the moment.

Smashed my fog light this week in the floods in cornwall, not happy now car looks broken but seems that they are quite cheap from Ebay and easy to replace DIY.

Trying to get a meet up and running for the forum regulars but works been too mad at the moment.

Smashed my fog light this week in the floods in cornwall, not happy now car looks broken but seems that they are quite cheap from Ebay and easy to replace DIY.

Sorry to hear about the damage, but at least it isn't expensive to repair!

How you getting on with the car anyway?

Cheers Richy_C

My sister did the same thing with her front fog light. She got one for £25 and got her mate to fit it. Took him 5 mins, so they are easy to fit.

As for my car, loving it!:racer:

Had my new car detailed today.

IMG_0497.jpg

IMG_0500.jpg

IMG_0483.jpg

IMG_0484.jpg

IMG_0508.jpg
have received
congratulate and greet

Did you mean to leave S18LOK on display on only one photo? You may wish to amend.

Yeah, noticed that last night but don't have the option to edit it anymore :(

Diamond / Ibis,

yeah Phil on here has a spare one sending to me for £35 so should be a easy swap over, still loving the car after 7.5k miles. the lowered set up was amazing in cornwall could really throw her around with no adverse effects at all and still getting an everyday average of 55mpg. best run to work was a 67mpg but it was 60mph traffic.

Sunroof being used allot believe it or not and have fitted the wind deflectors now too, really cuts out the water run on motorways and ice effects.

Diamond / Ibis,

yeah Phil on here has a spare one sending to me for £35 so should be a easy swap over, still loving the car after 7.5k miles. the lowered set up was amazing in cornwall could really throw her around with no adverse effects at all and still getting an everyday average of 55mpg. best run to work was a 67mpg but it was 60mph traffic.

Sunroof being used allot believe it or not and have fitted the wind deflectors now too, really cuts out the water run on motorways and ice effects.

Didn't know that you can get wind deflectors, next time you up load some pic will have to have a look.

I'm impressed with the fuel in my car as well. Other when out on some local road and bit duel carriageway and was getting 53mpg! Loving the car and well worth the wait!

Starting to wish I got TDI now, struggling to get 30mpg at the moment, only just done 800 miles though so should get better

Hopefully it will get better Ibis, I was averaging about 27.5 but has started to go up to 29 - 30 on the same runs now so assuming yours is the 2.0T I would have though about 32 to 33 maybe?

What engine size is your 2.0T?

Hopefully it will get better Ibis, I was averaging about 27.5 but has started to go up to 29 - 30 on the same runs now so assuming yours is the 2.0T I would have though about 32 to 33 maybe?

Nop, mine is only a 1.8T so I'm well shocked at how low the MPG is, I'm hoping and sure it will improve though

Nop, mine is only a 1.8T so I'm well shocked at how low the MPG is, I'm hoping and sure it will improve though

Quite shocked that not getting over 30mpg. My old MK5 GTI i was getting 33mpg. Anyway like you said it should get better.

Smaller engines aren't always as economical as the figures suggest because you have to thrash them more. The 1.2TFsi Loaner we had was awful.

Smaller engines aren't always as economical as the figures suggest because you have to thrash them more. The 1.2TFsi Loaner we had was awful.

Tell me about it..I've got a Golf 1.2 TSi loaner which is clocking around 36 mpg (at best !!)
Ahh well only 2 months to go :)

Had the saleman call today. Told the servicing prices are going up and this was the last chance to take it out. Offer me two years Major services for £425, but i got it down to £374 and took it out. Is this a good deal?

Had the saleman call today. Told the servicing prices are going up and this was the last chance to take it out. Offer me two years Major services for £425, but i got it down to £374 and took it out. Is this a good deal?

Unless you are doing a huge mileage you will only need x1 service in 2 years... circa 18,000 miles interval. Cost? less than £300 if you haggle. so... answer is probably not but your shout. on last car 2008 Audi offered 3 years servicing for £250!!

ok managed to wash the car so did some pictures of the wind deflectors.

179869_10150130810235312_786905311_7843310_112401_n.jpg

180287_10150130810450312_786905311_7843311_1286275_n.jpg

168072_10150130810745312_786905311_7843317_6362338_n.jpg

Last edited:
Don't want to come and clean mine by any chance? Hasn't been cleaned for weeks....

No! rinsed her off first then spent the next 10 mins picking the ice off as i sponged her down. Not to mention nearly going ares over tit as id created a rink around the car. lol

If anyone reading this drives a black BE sportback MY11 "60 plate" with a broken drivers door wing mirror and was driving south on the M40 towards Oxford today - the guy stalking you in a black VW Golf for 40 miles was me :) Just wanted to get a good look from all angles. Oh and if that wasn't enough torture for me, I saw another brand new black BE MY11 on a transporter when I was travelling north on M40. Where's mine :(

Last edited:
If anyone reading this drives a black BE sportback MY11 "60 plate" with a broken drivers door wing mirror and was driving south on the M40 towards Oxford today - the guy stalking you in a black VW Golf for 40 miles was me :) Just wanted to get a good look from all angles. Oh and if that wasn't enough torture for me, I saw another brand new black BE MY11 on a transporter when I was travelling north on M40. Where's mine :(

Haha i also saw a black BE but 3dr on the M40 today travelling from oxford to London and we both decided to step up the pace till i realised it was a 170 and i was 3 up in my 140 :sadlike: :anbet: plus was fast approaching the national speed limit:p

These loaded 140's must find it hard to reach the national speed limit.... ;-0

These loaded 140's must find it hard to reach the national speed limit.... ;-0

Still get there in style though, not really pushed mine still but managed 130 from memory.

Had that new Lotus police car behind me yesterday though all the way up the M42 and the M1 till south of Sheff, what a waste..

restocked detailing cupboard - only 2 months to go...
Dodo Juice Lime Prime Lite, EZ Glaze with Acrylic Shine II, Chemical Guys Jet Seal 109, Collinite 915 Marque D'Elegance, Bilberry Wheel Cleaner, PoorBoys Wheel Sealant... :)

restocked detailing cupboard - only 2 months to go...
Dodo Juice Lime Prime Lite, EZ Glaze with Acrylic Shine II, Chemical Guys Jet Seal 109, Collinite 915 Marque D'Elegance, Bilberry Wheel Cleaner, PoorBoys Wheel Sealant... :)

That almost all the stuff i using on my BE. PoorBoys Wheel Sealant is excellent on the BE wheels!

That almost all the stuff i using on my BE. PoorBoys Wheel Sealant is excellent on the BE wheels!

I know, thats why I bought them (after searching loads of reviews too..) Not too sure about Dodo Juice though.
I'm thinking cuz the car is brand new that claying won't really achieve much.

I know, thats why I bought them (after searching loads of reviews too..) Not too sure about Dodo Juice though.
I'm thinking cuz the car is brand new that claying won't really achieve much.

The first week i picked up my car i did a new car protection detail. Valet Pro - PH Neutral Snow Foam the car, wash with Chemical Guys - Extreme Bodywash & Wax, Clayed, Washed again, 1 coat of EZ Glaze with Acrylic Shine II with DA, 2 coats of Jet Seal 109 and then 2 coats of wax. Wheels were sealed with 3 coats of Poorboys Wheel Sealant. Tyres used 108AS Top Kote Tire Dressing and Meguiars NXT All Metal Polish for tailpipes.

Now wash the car at least once a week and wax every 3 weeks.

The first week i picked up my car i did a new car protection detail. Valet Pro - PH Neutral Snow Foam the car, wash with Chemical Guys - Extreme Bodywash & Wax, Clayed, Washed again, 1 coat of EZ Glaze with Acrylic Shine II with DA, 2 coats of Jet Seal 109 and then 2 coats of wax. Wheels were sealed with 3 coats of Poorboys Wheel Sealant. Tyres used 108AS Top Kote Tire Dressing and Meguiars NXT All Metal Polish for tailpipes.

Now wash the car at least once a week and wax every 3 weeks.

You, Sir, have got Waaaaaaaay too much time on your hands...! :p