Black Edition

Err, is that your cup of coffee in the centre holder!? If not then I'd be asking the dealer who the f**k's been drinking coffee in my new car tbh!
mmmm......yes good point exactly, i did notice that, could be good haggling amunition for the autoglym and gap deal!!

These pictures aren't helping my situation!

Think I'm going to take a drive down there tomorrow!

Well if it's not yours I'd be hitting the roof and literally shouting at the dealer manager. What on earth is the point of all that care and protection if the idiots are going to drink cups of coffee in there!

oh yes i can't wait, my only regret is having to give up my mk5 golf gti, its been an absolute fantastic car, but just guzzles the petrol, 25mpg average....... so trade in time, quite looking forward to getting more than 260 to the tank!!!!

Ye gti is a lovely car but have a look a few pages back and see the Mpg ive managed. Mines a 140TDI and got 75 mpg on a long run driving very slow. Had to try it once!!!

Well if it's not yours I'd be hitting the roof and literally shouting at the dealer manager. What on earth is the point of all that care and protection if the idiots are going to drink cups of coffee in there!

Must admit, I was thinking the same!

I know there's been some discussions on here about car cleaning/detailing. I always thought that my previous cars were clean (using autoglym shampoo and resin polish) but since reading on here about Collinite 476, Meguires, Clay bars, etc...I think I could do better.
So question is: What would you recommend when my BE eventually turns up (cleaning products/cloths/etc..? Brilliant Black paintwork. don't mind the elbow grease.

Not sure if im being a bit contravertial here but im not a big fan of the new wheels on the BE. I prefer the RS4 wheels like mine has

Not sure if im being a bit contravertial here but im not a big fan of the new wheels on the BE. I prefer the RS4 wheels like mine has

I prefer the old style wheels too but hey got no choice, just wish the new ones were a little darker.

Glad you do Adam. BUT isn't it often the case that we like what WE have got because we can't have what others have !

I am not a big fan of the RS5 (Joke):shutup2:

Hi folks,just joined this site and am after any info available re the following.:sos:
I ordered an a3 sb b-edition 170 bhp back in late June with an original delivery date of 28 sept 2010...
Thats was put back to week 45,and just heard its gone to week 46.........
Ive already traded in a slk against the a3 and its been sold at auction by Audi
What do you think will be the situation if the car gets delayed past the new vat increase date.......i mean if i cancelled because of the delays will Audi give me the 17k i px for the slk !!! .................im desperate for the Audi but boy its been a long wait...........
Also has anyone got anywhere with getting a hire car because of the delivery dates being put back.....
Was wondering if it was worth steaming into Audi spitting my dummy out re the delays and inconvenience etc:banghead::sadlike:

Last edited:
The VAT increase shouldn't affect you. Whilst the dealer isn't allowed to accept payment in full for the car until they receive it, which may be next year, you have a contract of sale for the car at a given price - they can't just increase this because it's late and VAT has gone up, they'll have to take the hit themselves.

The VAT increase shouldn't affect you. Whilst the dealer isn't allowed to accept payment in full for the car until they receive it, which may be next year, you have a contract of sale for the car at a given price - they can't just increase this because it's late and VAT has gone up, they'll have to take the hit themselves.

Well yeah that would seem the obvious answer but i'm betting my Audi dealer will want the extra 2.5% if its delivered in January......
I think its time to throw the dummy out of the pram at Audi Canterbury before the situation causes problems.
If they try to charge me the extra my wife will draw blood,and thats something i don't want to see AGAIN.
For a slight 5 3" female you'd think a dementor had been to the showroom. Audi you've been warned...oh and get some chocolate ***.

My car's production has been postponed Also from September at 46 weeks of the year
Delivery between 6-12 December 2010
Time from end of production to delivery to the dealer 2 weeks

Also has anyone got anywhere with getting a hire car because of the delivery dates being put back.....

Just demand Audi give you a loan car. I got one easily enough just by asking/demanding and a bit of hassling here and there. They will either provide one from delaer stock or a demonstrator model from Audi UK. It is simply a case of them arranging it for you. It's in the back of the brochure that they guarantee to provide a car in the event of a delay.

OK,thanks for your replies.
Ill have a look at the brochure and check out the small print re the loan vehicle.
Also sent a couple of emails to the UK MD and service support managers.
What a surprise,their out of the office till 1 Nov!!!......mo fo's!!

Still waiting Audi a3 sportback 2.0 Tdi (170 bhp) black edition-Ibis white-cruise-heated seats-Ipod connection

New to this but wanted to post. I'm picking up my a3 sb 170 Black Edition on Friday can't wait. Had on order since end of May. Had mobility car from Audi for the last month A6 S line.

P.s Double exhaust,New 5spoke rotary wheels & Bluetooth as standard.

New to this but wanted to post. I'm picking up my a3 sb 170 Black Edition on Friday can't wait. Had on order since end of May. Had mobility car from Audi for the last month A6 S line.

P.s Double exhaust,New 5spoke rotary wheels & Bluetooth as standard.

What colour u opted for??? Any other optional extras??

Ibis White. Folding mirrors. Engine model badges deleted. Did ask for no smoking package but this hasn't been done for some reason but not too bothered.

Ibis White. Folding mirrors. Engine model badges deleted. Did ask for no smoking package but this hasn't been done for some reason but not too bothered.

Did u not ask for bluetooth then, as read in some posts, apparently its standard now then and ur post confirms...
Ive got an ibis white S/B B/E 170 on order, opted for open sky roof with black roof rails..... ordered in Aug, hopefully due Jan as my company car is up for renewel...

I also have a SB BE 170 2.0TDI S-Tronic in Ibis White, Open Sky,Full Vienna Leather, Interior Light Pack, Folding Mirrors, Auto Lights and Wipers and Non Smokers Pack.

Ordered - 5th August
Expected - Late April 2011

Hi guys,
Another newby to the forum as i'm awaiting my 1st Audi, a SB BE 140 2.0TDI. I ordered mine mid august and although I have not yet recieved a build date, my dealer is still confident I will recieve my car before the 2nd week in january, which I was advised at the time of ordering and to be fair he did warn me of the the delays affecting delivery times of the BE's. Just a couple of quick questions I wondered if anyone can answer, although i'm not overly fussed, when I ordered my car I was advised they could provide both the old style 7 spoke wheels or the new 5 spoke rotery wheels ( I opted for the 7 spoke) but have now been informed it has to be the new ones. Has anyone any idea if this is something Audi could change or swap the wheels with another BE or is this unreasonable to ask, or does it just depend on the dealer. Also I called 2 weeks ago to add heated seats and bluetooth phone prep, and this was successfully added, only to read on here the bluetooth is being added as standard. I was told I was to pay for this when collecting my car, but should I be paying for this now, or would the bluetooth only be free if I was paying the new revised OTT price? Sorry for the long rant, but any opinions would be appreciated.

Cheers

Hi guys,
Another newby to the forum as ...........

Cheers

Firstly the wheels, it is at the end of the day down to the dealer, they should and most seem to have offered to swap the wheels for the old style if it was not available at the time, eg i ordered mine before the change so my car would be different from what i ordered, yours would have always come with the 5 rotor wheels so id say there right to say no really but worth a shot if i was you.

Secondly the blue tooth. they are buying the car from Audi germany and they wont get charged for the phone prep as its standard as of two weeks ago, if they charge you for it there ripping you off dont accept it!

I know there's been some discussions on here about car cleaning/detailing. I always thought that my previous cars were clean (using autoglym shampoo and resin polish) but since reading on here about Collinite 476, Meguires, Clay bars, etc...I think I could do better.
So question is: What would you recommend when my BE eventually turns up (cleaning products/cloths/etc..? Brilliant Black paintwork. don't mind the elbow grease.

Have a looky here;

Detailing World - A world for detailers by detailers.

here;

Car Care Advice | Detailing Advice | How To Detail Your Car

here;

Car Care | Car Care Products | Detailing | FREE UK Delivery

and here;

I4DETAILING - UK based online detailing & car care superstore

and get your credit card ready for a beating as it becomes addictive! :scared2:

General recommendations would be;

Wash with 2 bucket method, labswool mitt and quality shampoo (I'm currently using Megs GoldClass and love it!) and dried with a drying towel (not chamois or hydrablade), you'll need a polish, sealer and wax (on my current black car i've used AG Ultra Deep Shine, followed by Poorboys EXP Sealer and then Poorboys' Natty's blue paste wax) all applied with megs foam applicators and removed with various microfibre cloths. Thats the basics... good luck!

Last edited:
Finally, the day has come for me to pick up my new pride and joy! How I have stayed away from the dealers I don't know but I did, quite proud of that haha

Anyways. picking her up @ 12ish so i'll get some photos up later when I get the chance.

Hi Ibis, can't wait to see the pics and can you let us know how you get on with the folding mirrors as I have these on order and would like to know what they are like....thanks

Not happy, just checked to see if there was an update on my delivery date for my car and it has been pushed back from the end of December to the end of March! I ordered it at the start of July so that will be 9 months! I'm seriously contemplating cancelling the order now.

Not happy, just checked to see if there was an update on my delivery date for my car and it has been pushed back from the end of December to the end of March! I ordered it at the start of July so that will be 9 months! I'm seriously contemplating cancelling the order now.

ouch, that's not good. But I suspect someone has not been managing your expectations as I ordered mine in August and was always given an expected delivery date between late March and mid April. Your "new" expected delivery date is more in line with lead times most of us are experiencing, so although it's not ideal you can console yourself that it's nothing personal or unusual.

For what it's worth, my lease company have always been upfront about the lead time but the dealership have been very bullish about delivery even as early as January 2011. Fortunately for my sanity, I have never believed this and have always worked to an April delivery. But this is what can happen when a company doesn't want to give the customer some bad news.

Last edited:
I see that my spec is no longer available on the online car configurator. I know this isn't the best tool in the world, but to my knowledge it lists all available vehicles. Am I having a mad moment or have Audi reined in the number of A3 specs available?

Just been on Audi.co.uk and is it me being completely useless or are they no-longer offering a BE SB, only 3doors listed?

Right then, the time has come to show off my new pride and joy!

I picked her up today after a long delay on the M4, a nice crash so I was stuck in a traffic jam for 30mins!

Anyway, here's the first photograph of my new motor:

DSC00929.jpg

I have got more photos but having trouble editing it at the moment so i'll post them once I've sorted it out.

Just a quick word as well to say I love the alloys, they look so good on the car!

jbs2472 - The mirrors are fine, at the moment anyway!

Nice car Ibis. Do the mirrors fold on locking or do you fold them from the internal switch?

thought I'd ask in here instead of a new thread.

I am thinking of moving over to the 8P platform in a few months. I have a couple of questions regarding the S3.

Ideally I would like a facelift model, how do I tell? lights, interior?

What differences are there between the MY10, 9, and 8?

What are the common faults to look for?

many thanks!!

Right then, the time has come to show off my new pride and joy!

Argh the glare the glare lol, clean and nice looking mate. will say get some wax on the front bumper asap it a chip magnet.

re the mirrors it was the same on my golf they were operated by the movement button but never had a problem with them in 3 years. miss them actually.