Black Edition

I don't think there is the same problem with S Line as BE. As stated previously we ordered in July ( dealer amended a wk 38 pre-order to our spec. Eventually came through as week 40. Following Audis new Computer Upgrade revised to week 7 2011. Dealer advised in August we could convert to standard SLine + extras and get the car in October BUT always better to have a better model rather than adding things like Bose and privacy etc as you get nothing back at sale time wheras with the BE we should.

Had the phone call today to say my car is at the dealers, was thinking of paying a visit but it's 30mins away and I'm running down my petrol tank so will have to wait until pick up which is hopefully Tuesday.

Also had several possible number plates to choose from, I can't decide?!

Might have to be put in a hat and pulled out

Had the phone call today to say my car is at the dealers, was thinking of paying a visit but it's 30mins away and I'm running down my petrol tank so will have to wait until pick up which is hopefully Tuesday.

Also had several possible number plates to choose from, I can't decide?!

Might have to be put in a hat and pulled out

Congratulations! But how you have the patience to avoid visiting let alone collecting is beyond me ;o)

Chris

The S3 I cancelled because they couldn't give me a build date (Ordered in late May and no bulid date by August) has arrived ! WTF ! Have just informed the lease company as I ordered a 135i coupe about 2 weeks ago. I cant understand how a car can arrive early when several months ago they couldnt give me a build date and only a 'estimated' delivery of 3 months !

That does sound a bit odd mate, I was lucky and got mine about 3 1/2 months after ordering but pestered the lease co/Audi garage every couple of weeks to check the date. Are you having the S3 then and cancelling the 135? I have to say I love mine and hopefully quattro will help with the impending shi**y weather!

All this talk about delivery and number plate options....My order was placed in early May and still have expected delivery of mid April 2011..Since placing order Audi have had 3 brochures for the A3...Maybe the S3 will be free upgrade by the time mines delivered !!:wacko:

Last edited:
All this talk about delivery and number plate options....My order was placed in early May and still have expected delivery of mid April 2011..

See I don't get it, ordered mine 2nd July and picking it up next week?

Strange!

Hi Ibis

Congrats on the delivery Ibis but just out of curiosity when did you order yours?

Last edited:
Ok putting this out there, Audi World must have thousands of orders on the books and are making cars to that schedule, out of all them thousands of orders they are losing people hand over fist due to the waiting time, now what are they going to do with the cars that are in the pipe line that get cancelled? well if they match what you ordered bingo your car is ready! and audi UK skip the queue.

Simple supply and demand if you think about it.

Ok putting this out there, Audi World must have thousands of orders on the books and are making cars to that schedule, out of all them thousands of orders they are losing people hand over fist due to the waiting time, now what are they going to do with the cars that are in the pipe line that get cancelled? well if they match what you ordered bingo your car is ready! and audi UK skip the queue.

Simple supply and demand if you think about it.

Yep makes sense. It's also the jumble that was created when the orders were all thrown out of the system and then re-entered with no priority given to the original order date.

Mine's almost ready now as well - should be behind the wheel (flat bottomed of course) at the end of next week! Just over 5 months from ordering... Looking at some of the waiting times, I really can't understand what Audi are playing at though. You can only presume that the press and media don't think it's a story worth running? Perhaps in these challenging financial times, a story about the men who have to wait a long time for their top spec cars wouldn't go down well with average bloke on the street...? For all those of you still waiting... fingers crossed there's a few more cancellations and you get bumped up the list.

Happy Days 'new to audi' hopefully mine will be bought forward from expected date April 2011.

I'm with you there, brother!:yes:

I need to stop moaning. I'm even doing my OWN head in. haha.

Me too mate! The only saving grace is that I may be getting a courtesy car from Audi UK in January.

Is that a tribute to the late Tom Bosley...?

My point exactly... the demise of "Mr C" got air time on BBC national news this morning, but I doubt they'll ever talk about the rediculous Black Edition waiting lists!

New to this forum although have been reading this ‘black edition’ forum for months and finally decided to make a post.

I ordered my Ibis A3 Sportback BE on 18th June and finally received a build week and estimated delivery yesterday. Build week is number 49 which I think is W.B 3rd December 2010 and delivery is due early to mid January which hasn’t changed from when I ordered it.

Still 6 months which isn’t very good but time is now getting closer and fingers crossed they don’t push it back!!

People have mentioned about Bluetooth now being an option on new black editions, not sure whether mine will have it on or not, I haven’t ordered any extras with the car??

Bluetooth is now standard on BE's but costs gone up £200. It is also part of Tech Pack circa £1500... guess what extra £200 for BE (to include BT) Tech PAck price stays the same. Not fair!!

If your BE is phsyical in December and you are a private purchaser you could pay before the VAT rise.:w00t:

Mine arrives tomorrow to my door 0900-1300 :w00t:

Be like a kid at xmas looking out of window for Santa!

Be glad to take the Astra back to Eurocar as well, been driving me nuts...:banghead:

A bit of hope for some of you out there....I passed a transporter today heading south on the M42 near to Solihull with a full load of around 7 or 8 A3 BE complete with new rotor wheels, so smiles for the lucky owners :)

Mine arrives tomorrow to my door 0900-1300 :w00t:

Be like a kid at xmas looking out of window for Santa!

Be glad to take the Astra back to Eurocar as well, been driving me nuts...:banghead:

Nice one mate, that is just how I was! Get some pics up when you can.

I also had an Astra but was leased and had problems with the car from almost start to finish!! I took it back to the dealers last month and because the lease co. delayed collecting it they have charged us 7 days over the end of contract, w*nk*rs. Never using that lease company again and probably won't go back to VX either!

ko5vEV-large-0.JPG
Quattro 1 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Just a quick throw up of my Audi finally arriving today. I know it was not a BE, but this thread has also been about the delays, and about the 170BHP Diesels hence I got involved.

Ordered July 5th and arrived 21st October.

I will do a quick review at some point, but just wanted to share the end to my wait...Love having that power there again and some decent sounds and decent cabin etc and so on...Like the black to from initial feel, its very shiny! (I previously had the pearlescent) I have some collinite for its first wash and care at the weekend...

Taking the Astra 1.8SRi back was very pleasurable!!

Made sure the world has known the Astra was back to, as I could easily see a weeks extra charge appearing from an 'admin' error.

Downside is I am back working Boooooooo

Last edited:
Car ordered today (B.E 170bhp S-Tronic, Vienna Leather, Comfort & Interior Light Pack & Bluetooth) and given delivery date of the 29th April 2011. Ordered Phantom Black as still waiting to see a Monza Silver in the flesh. They seem pretty rare!

Ok so I'm finding it difficult to stay away from the dealers?!

They're not called "dealers" for nothing - their products are highly addictive, cost lots of money and not the type of people you'd care to have a social drink with!

They're not called "dealers" for nothing - their products are highly addictive, cost lots of money and not the type of people you'd care to have a social drink with!

Couldn't have put it better if I tried.

additionally... they always want you to spend more than you planned, they always dictate when you can get your hands on the merchandise, they're quick to fob you off if there's a problem (unless of course you don't care about the cost and then they'll jump through hoops), they appear from nowhere and pounce on you pretending to be your best mate, they earn far more money than they deserve...

Hi, Havn't been on here for a while been busy. Nice to see some of you getting your cars. I'm still in courtesy car A4 and my car is due to be built in week 45. Just wondering those who got there cars. Are Audi building them ahead of schedule?

Mine's being delivered to me on 5th November, I'm so excited I may need to go and lie down.

We received a bulletin at work from our Lease Co last week, which stated that the delays are due to Audi seeing an 8% increase in demand versus their budget (sales in 2010 will top 100k) which led to a shortage of parts and production slots. It is more profitable to sell cars in Europe so Audi UK were unable to get additional production slots. The bulletin also said that all Audi models (including A4 now) are subject to 'exaggerated build times' of 4 months plus.

So futher to recent comments, cars are coming through but there are number of factors that mean it is not getting any better in terms of lead times.....

Hey Guys,

After nearly 6 months of waiting my BE finally arrived this morning. Broght on a trailer from down south, typical Scottish weather prevailled and it was absolutley hammering it down when it got here. Still very very happy though. Not attached any pics on here before so apologies if the below don't work. Just wanted to get some on here for you guys looking for Ibis with the black roof rails. Think it looks quite tasty actually - well chuffed! :) Happy days.

DSC_0049 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

DSC_0041new | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

DSC_0045new | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Ash

Last edited:
Hey Guys,

After nearly 6 months of waiting my BE finally arrived this morning. Broght on a trailer from down south, typical Scottish weather prevailled and it was absolutley hammering it down when it got here. Still very very happy though. Not attached any pics on here before so apologies if the below don't work. Just wanted to get some on here for you guys looking for Ibis with the black roof rails. Think it looks quite tasty actually - well chuffed! :) Happy days.

DSC_0049 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

DSC_0041new | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

DSC_0045new | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Ash

Nice! Rails are a good contrast. Enjoy!

ko5vEV-large-0.JPG
Quattro 1 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Just a quick throw up of my Audi finally arriving today. I know it was not a BE, but this thread has also been about the delays, and about the 170BHP Diesels hence I got involved.

Ordered July 5th and arrived 21st October.

Hi Martin

Looks nice, beginning to wonder if we should have gone with the Standard week 40 Sline we could have had. Still week 7 2011 and a loaner coming next month.

I just picked up my A3 from Huntingdon Audi and talking to them about the delays they said the problems Audi were experiencing with long LTs were with the diesel engines. They didn't know if it was particular components or just the diesels in general. They reckon Audi completely underestimated demand. Petrol engined models seemed fine.

They were also quoting March on Q5s which are now selling secondhand for more than new...

I know it isn't a BE, but I am a proud new owner (and I did think about a BE till I was told of the LT...)

1.8 TFSI Sport Sportback
Ordered July 8 - picked up today

I was told the actual reason for the long lead times is due to the build slots that audi apply for each August. Last August being the middle of the recession Audi underestimated the demand and therefore only applied for a lower number of build slots. Sensible - trying to save money and reduce stockpiles - but it obviously backfired.

Due to the highger than expected number of orders - Audi UK have been unable to fulfil these, therefore having a knock on effect. This August, Audi uped their requested quota to take account of the backlog but it's still going to take some time for it to clear. It is not simply the A3 with a massive LT - the top 8 cars in the UK with the longest order to delivery date are all Audi's - this was also on Yahoo some weeks back.

Ash

Well, there you go. Just thought I'd let you chaps know what they said. It certainly does look like they cocked up their forecasts.

Hi all, finally after a 6 month wait i got the call today that my BE was in the dealers so i rushed down for a butchers, pick her up next saturday, spec is Phantom Black SB 170, tech pack, comfort pack, deletion of model/engine designation, autoglym. here are some pics.....

IMG_1446.jpg

IMG_1458.jpg

IMG_1457.jpg

IMG_1456.jpg

IMG_1454.jpg

IMG_1453.jpg

IMG_1452.jpg

IMG_1449.jpg

Last edited:
Nice mate. Bet it's like Christmas eve for you tonight! I know when I picked mine up I couldn't sleep lol! Have a good day tmz they are well worth the wait!!

Nice mate. Bet it's like Christmas eve for you tonight! I know when I picked mine up I couldn't sleep lol! Have a good day tmz they are well worth the wait!!
oh yes i can't wait, my only regret is having to give up my mk5 golf gti, its been an absolute fantastic car, but just guzzles the petrol, 25mpg average....... so trade in time, quite looking forward to getting more than 260 to the tank!!!!

Err, is that your cup of coffee in the centre holder!? If not then I'd be asking the dealer who the f**k's been drinking coffee in my new car tbh!