Black Edition

6491565695_10ce38617d_b.jpg

Swapped over the original Bridgestones from rear to front and put new Pirelli PZero's on back - much better :) Can't tell you how much of a difference it makes. Back to happy motoring again.

Just ordered a set of Osram Night Breaker Plus bulbs for the front fogs - bring on the fog !!

I ordered some and they aren't that white. Ended up changing them for Philips crystal vision 4300k which are whiter. If you are looking for a whiter look I straggly suggest you cancel the order and go for the Philips, if not don't worry as they're perfectly good fog lights and whiter than OEM.

Just about to sell mine that have never been used other than to test them out for £20 the pair.

I ordered some and they aren't that white. Ended up changing them for Philips crystal vision 4300k which are whiter. If you are looking for a whiter look I straggly suggest you cancel the order and go for the Philips, if not don't worry as they're perfectly good fog lights and whiter than OEM.

Just about to sell mine that have never been used other than to test them out for £20 the pair.

I did want them to look a bit whiter than the OEM's, but more importantly be a bit more usefull - I find the OEM bulbs a bit weak on the actual use of shining light onto the road in bad/foggy conditions. I drive all over the UK on many A and B roads including country lanes and I do like to see where I'm going.
I looked at the Philips 4300k, whilst giving a whiter light did not give as much illumination to the road and did not last as long.

Last edited:
Resurrecting an old thread here, but I'm looking to buy a 2.0 TDI Black Edition, probably an earlier 2009/10 model, low mileage more important than age. So what are your thoughts now these are have been out a while, worth the seemingly extra money, even on used, or better paying less for an S-Line (I could then buy older and cheaper), if so can these be de-chromed easily and cheaply enough to give the BE look?

What options should I look out for, RNS-E or not? I must have Bluetooth, climate control and iPod, what's best, look for them on initial purchase or can the oem items be easily retrofitted after?

Thanks for any advice :)

Last edited:
I went for an s-line about a year ago as I wasn't willing to spend the extra on a black edition for more or less the same car but a few extras which I knew could be added afterwards.

Im not really a fan of tinted windows as well so that was an easy decision.

Ive changed the front grilles to the black edition ones which was easy. I've also just changed the alloys to the black edition version of the same alloy. I'm also not bothered about the black interior trim on the doors and a flat bottom stearing wheel so I'm done.

Ive also had rnse, Bluetooth and AMI retrofitted since I got it.

Personally I love the BE but that was mainly for the tinted windows, black pack, and Bose which can be added as retro. Bluetooth was a deffinate option so make sure it has it as mine didnt! U get climate control as standard on sline and BE m8. Dunno if I'm allowed to post a link but here is one for the A3 2010 brochure, took me a while to find it. http://www.silverstreetautomotive.com/upload/files/a3_and_s3_range.pdf
just my 10p worth :)

Bose isn't unique to the black edition. My s-line had it from new.

yeah I'm in Kent although got the car from Five Oaks Audi near Horsham.

The rnse, Bluetooth and ami was supplied and fitted by user NHN. PM him for the price. It's not cheap but its so worth it!

Bose isn't unique to the black edition. My s-line had it from new.

yeah I'm in Kent although got the car from Five Oaks Audi near Horsham.

The rnse, Bluetooth and ami was supplied and fitted by user NHN. PM him for the price. It's not cheap but its so worth it!

Very helpful, pm sent to NHN ;)

Whereabouts in Kent are you, I'm in the Medway area?