Black Edition

]E mail address would be good..... 5 months waiting and 3 to go still...

These are the 3 i used....
victoria.lawson@audi.co.uk......transport manager
jeremy.hicks@audi.co.uk md
richard.starkey@audi.co.uk operation manager

I basically sent an email stating how dissapointed i was with the whole ordering and delivery procedure received from audi to all 3 of the above....laid it on with the " this is my first experience with audi and i feel let down" blah blah blah...........within 2 weeks the car had been built and i was driving it away.....totally true story.....

I have had dealings with Jeremy and Richard and also found an email to the Marketing Manager was helpful too but not sure who he is. Will dig into the old PC as it was 2008 I contacted him.

Update:

Car is in the country, but as been delayed getting transport to the dealers due to last weeks snow. But they have asured me that it will defo arrive before xmas.

How are everyone's brakes on their BE? The brakes on mine seem to have decent initial stopping power but then seem a bit 'blunt' with no bite when really pushing on them and when wanting to pull the car up. Be interested to hear from you guys as to what you think of yours...

Brakes on my S-Line (which will be the same) feel decent enough but I was thinking they had a little less power than my last S-Line did - maybe they just need to bed in a bit more (car is only two weeks old).

Brakes on my S-Line (which will be the same) feel decent enough but I was thinking they had a little less power than my last S-Line did - maybe they just need to bed in a bit more (car is only two weeks old).

Yeah my car has only done 450 miles or so, but I've replaced brakes (discs/ pads) on my previous cars and they have performed pretty much out of the box. Will see how it goes but if it stays like this I may ask Audi to look into it as they don't give me much confidence

My car finally arrives at the dealers :yahoo:Pick up on the 3rd Jan 2011.
IMG_0347.jpg

IMG_0338.jpg

Car was in the work shop getting checked over, so could't get good pic's. Will post some more when i pick up the car.

Last edited:
Yay, finally!

You can finally put a smile on your face and look forward to the pick up, something to look forward to in the new year! I would be tearing my hair out (Like yourself no doubt) if my car was due into the dealers and this snow then appeared!

Car looks lovely, all I would say is de-badge the rear?!

Yay, finally!

You can finally put a smile on your face and look forward to the pick up, something to look forward to in the new year! I would be tearing my hair out (Like yourself no doubt) if my car was due into the dealers and this snow then appeared!

Car looks lovely, all I would say is de-badge the rear?!

Yes, i was thinking of telling them take off the TDI badge, but still not made my mind up yet.

If i leave it on and decide to take it off at a later date. Do they come off easy?

Yes, i was thinking of telling them take off the TDI badge, but still not made my mind up yet.

If i leave it on and decide to take it off at a later date. Do they come off easy?

I would, looks so much better!

Easy enough, warm it up with a hair dryer and then edge it off with a debit card or something. It'll come off easy enough

What are you trying to hide... to me it's a bit like circumcision, Tatoos, piercings and docking dogs tails.... not for me I prefer things as they were created with perhaps a little tasteful enhancement occasionally ;-)

What are you trying to hide... to me it's a bit like circumcision, Tatoos, piercings and docking dogs tails.... not for me I prefer things as they were created with perhaps a little tasteful enhancement occasionally ;-)

That's just my opinion, each to the own but most like to remove

That's just my opinion, each to the own but most like to remove

I have just done a quick survey of Audis in the local car park. 6x A3, 8 x A4 3 x A5 .

RESULTS

No A3's have been Debadged.
2 X A4's have had just the engine size removed.
1 x A5 has had A5 Badge and Engine size removed BUT it was clearly a 1.8T (Twin LH Exhausts) as it was a 57 Plate and he probably was embarrassed by his lack of cubes.

So Ibis based on my sample most DO NOT like to remove... less than 18%!

I have just done a quick survey of Audis in the local car park. 6x A3, 8 x A4 3 x A5 .

RESULTS

No A3's have been Debadged.
2 X A4's have had just the engine size removed.
1 x A5 has had A5 Badge and Engine size removed BUT it was clearly a 1.8T (Twin LH Exhausts) as it was a 57 Plate and he probably was embarrassed by his lack of cubes.

So Ibis based on my sample most DO NOT like to remove... less than 18%!

That's taking it slightly too far but if you were to ask the question on here I would like to think most would agree with me?

Feel free to ask the question....

That's taking it slightly too far but if you were to ask the question on here I would like to think most would agree with me?

Feel free to ask the question....

Maybe too far but I was in a mufti story car park earlier on way home and had to do an accurate survey. This Forum will attract car enthusiasts (and anoraks like me). Asking the Question on here is probably not an accurate reflection of life or the people who will want to buy your car when you want a new one.

A Badge can be restored but for me if I were looking to buy a car privately or from a dealer would give me several thoughts.

1. Has it been in an accident
2. Someone wanting to drive a 1.4T like it's a 2.0TFSi = thrashed
3. This car is not original... walk and find another..

There are more but all will devalue the car in many peoples eyes... Ask that question maybe?

Like you say, the younger population and car enthusiasts are likely to want it de-badged whereas anybody slightly older really wouldn't care. That was the point I was trying to make, you would definitely get two very different set of results so in that aspect I totally agree with you.

My previous car was a 1.4T and I had it de-badged as 1. I wanted everybody else to think it was a 2.0T (Just being honest) and 2. (More importantly) I think it looks better but each to their own

Like you say, the younger population and car enthusiasts are likely to want it de-badged whereas anybody slightly older really wouldn't care. That was the point I was trying to make, you would definitely get two very different set of results so in that aspect I totally agree with you.

My previous car was a 1.4T and I had it de-badged as 1. I wanted everybody else to think it was a 2.0T (Just being honest) and 2. (More importantly) I think it looks better but each to their own

Who said anything about age?

When surveying my cars most of them looked like they were owned by younger people apart from one of the A3's that had a Pension book on the back seat ;-)

As anyone taken out GAP insurance with there car?

Been offer it for £400, but don't know if that good or not?

As anyone taken out GAP insurance with there car?

Been offer it for £400, but don't know if that good or not?

I do not know why anyone buys GAP Insurance? Maybe I can't see the benefits. I suppose if you think your car is going to be totally written off while you own it maybe. BUT most UK policies will replace a brand new car totally written off in the first year of ownership in any event...

I do not know why anyone buys GAP Insurance? Maybe I can't see the benefits. I suppose if you think your car is going to be totally written off while you own it maybe. BUT most UK policies will replace a brand new car totally written off in the first year of ownership in any event...

Personally I think GAP is an excellent product. If you have a new car and plan to keep it for 3 years or so (which many people do) then it offers a brilliant peace of mind for a minimal outlay.
Shop around and GAP cover can be had for less than HALF of what dealers will charge.
If you spend 30k on a car and it is written off in year three, you will be lucky to get 50% of the vehicle's value. Again, personally, I think that RTI (Return To Invoice) GAP is the one to go for as it is cheaper than "new for old replacement".
I recently took RTI GAP on one of my cars for 4 years of cover for around £240. Thats just £60 a year! In my case, the car is worth roughly 28k new. In four years time it will be worth around 9-10k so if it is written off/stolen not recovered etc in year 4 I will recieve a GAP payment of 18-19k!

I also think certain "types" of car are more suited to GAP cover. ie. fast cars with potential of being written off due to high speed "offs" and prestige/desirable cars which are more likely to be stolen and possibly broken up and sold or shipped abroad never to be seen again.

Audi's fit into both of the above catagories.....

Are you sure that's how it works Lofty. Any www links may make me change my views.

So as anyone took out Gap for there car? and what companies did you use?

So as anyone took out Gap for there car? and what companies did you use?

I've used it on many cars I've owned that were either fast (and I had a chance of stuffing it) or nice (and had a good chance of scroats nicking it)

To be honest I always use the cheapest (who has decent underwriters.)

Thankfully, I've never had to use their services and so can't comment on particular companies in respect of the service they provided, but as I already said, I enjoy peace of mind.

Each to their own at the end of the day, I guess.

Hi Guys 1st post.

i have just sent away an order for one of these as a company motor -currently have an 07 A3 S line -170bhp Quattro diesel.

decided on a 140 bhp diesel- with dvd satnav, cruise contol, heated seats, parking sensors.

although judging by the lead times on this site god knows when might get it !

cheers

Ross

Hi Guys 1st post.

i have just sent away an order for one of these as a company motor -currently have an 07 A3 S line -170bhp Quattro diesel.

decided on a 140 bhp diesel- with dvd satnav, cruise contol, heated seats, parking sensors.

although judging by the lead times on this site god knows when might get it !

cheers

Ross

First of all welcome to the forum, but more importantly, welcome to the 'Black Edition' family

What colour did you go for?

I wouldn't worry to much about the lead times, you should have it come this time next year haha No, in all seriousness, I hope your car gets turned around quicker than most of ours have, and some are still waiting

Keep us updated

haha - i hope so too! -thanks for the welcome

My choice of colour is Phantom black -nothing too exciting !

haha - i hope so too! -thanks for the welcome

My choice of colour is Phantom black -nothing too exciting !

Phantom Black is the best colour... why would you want a Black Edition in any other colour?? Ibis White Edition... I think not!!

Hi Discodeek Welcome to the BE Family...I would expect delivery around May/June. Ordered mine back in May with expected del of April 2011, but I know of other work colleagues who've ordered a couple of weeks ago given expected del dates of May/June 2011.

Hi Discodeek Welcome to the BE Family...I would expect delivery around May/June. Ordered mine back in May with expected del of April 2011, but I know of other work colleagues who've ordered a couple of weeks ago given expected del dates of May/June 2011.

Brother orders his in September and just had new date of early March. They need to sort this out people surely will be put off but then again i dont know what car I would have if i didnt have mine!!

Been down have another look at my car today. Just can't stop thinking about it! :drool:
Anyway here is a few more pic's.

DSC01228.jpg

DSC01229.jpg

DSC01230.jpg

Congrats looks lovely. Bet u can't wait to get it home. Home the crap weather buggers off soon so you can have a Lil fun with it!!

Congrats looks lovely. Bet u can't wait to get it home. Hope the crap weather buggers off soon so you can have a Lil fun with it!!

Looks nice Diamond, have they been driving it some road sheen on that front bumper.

Merry christmas all.