Black Edition

It's not a Ibis white 3 door is it? Or a Sportback? I was at Manchester Audi on Saturday and chances are I'll have seen your car, they had a few sat there that had been prepared and waiting to go.

It is in fact a 3 door Ibis BE yeah... haha Plate starts with MJ60..!

Just been out for my first drive in it and I must say it's much more my type of car than the A4 hire car. Pokier even with 8 miles on the engine than the A4 at 7k and feels much more connected to the road. Very happy with it so far. Although the seat doesn't seem to drop as low as the A4's did... feel a bit on a perch!

Just out of curiosity do you know if there is a fin aerial on the sportback with the open sky roof or is it built into the rear window?

Our last 2008 A3 Sportback with Open Sky (now for sale on Audi.co.uk) had a Fin aerial BUT that is not for the Radio which is built into the Window Glass. My understanding was that the Fin Aerial was fitted for Bluetooth BUT now my loaner has BT but no cradle in armrest and does not have the Fin Aerial.

I suspect those with Tech PAck /DVD Sat NAv will have Fin Aerial for GPRS signal (real time Nav) but cannot be 100% sure. Anyone know? or is this another Twin Exhaust Pipes type Question??

This is our order... 2.0TDi Quattro 170 SS Black Edition Sportback -
Black Roof Rails£191.49Comfort Pack - A3£425.53Flat Tyre Warning Indicator£63.83Interior Light Pack - A3 S Line/s3/special Editions£76.60Luggage Pack - A3£46.81Non Smoking Pack - A3£0.00Open Sky System£893.62Pearl - Phantom Black£425.53Sprint Cloth/leather - Black£0.00Storage Pack - A3£76.60Technology Pack With Music Interface - A3£1,272.34Through Load System£148.94:w00t:

It is in fact a 3 door Ibis BE yeah... haha Plate starts with MJ60..!

Just been out for my first drive in it and I must say it's much more my type of car than the A4 hire car. Pokier even with 8 miles on the engine than the A4 at 7k and feels much more connected to the road. Very happy with it so far. Although the seat doesn't seem to drop as low as the A4's did... feel a bit on a perch!

I probably have pictures of it then... is it a 170 with the silver stitching on the seats? As thats what I'm looking at getting myself so I took photo's of it! The reg starts with MJ60 too... Looks very nice... there were a couple of others there but they were 140's.

Will PM you the reg of it to see if it was yours as I guess you wont want your reg broadcasting on here!

I probably have pictures of it then... is it a 170 with the silver stitching on the seats? As thats what I'm looking at getting myself so I took photo's of it! The reg starts with MJ60 too... Looks very nice... there were a couple of others there but they were 140's.

Will PM you the reg of it to see if it was yours as I guess you wont want your reg broadcasting on here!

Yep, the exact same car. :) By all means load the pics up to show everyone here... I don't have pics of it yet and it's dirty from the travel down the motorway this morning lol

Great news!!! Question about BE... With Tech Pack (Nav and BT etc) do you get the Fin Aerial on the roof still? Our Loaner A3 SE/SB has BT but no cradle in armrest and no Fin on roof.. wonderered if the Tech PAck Nav and GPRS etc retained the aerial... Anyone know for sure??

Yes it will have with the Tech pack.

Yep, the exact same car. :) By all means load the pics up to show everyone here... I don't have pics of it yet and it's dirty from the travel down the motorway this morning lol

Here you go mate. Not the best pics as they were taken on my iPhone.

photo_1.JPG

photo_2.JPG

photo_4.JPG

photo_3.JPG

Here you go mate. Not the best pics as they were taken on my iPhone.

photo_1.JPG

photo_2.JPG

photo_4.JPG

photo_3.JPG

Awesome! Here you go everyone... my car! LOL

Btw I don't really mind about the reg as it's a company car... (and seeing as it's very easy to see from the pics!)

Thanks Matt! :w00t:

No problem. Small world!

Anyone had a gloss black vinyl wrap put on the roof of a 3 door Ibis Black Edition? Wondering what it might look like!

Lovely in the IBIS white and nice to see someone else going for 3 door. I was feeling alone!!!! Brothers just ordered a 5 door in Ibis and Dads got 5 door S3. Personally ive always preferred 3 doors no need for the rear seats or very rarely anyway!

After seeing the pics of slade777's Ice Silver BE on the previous page, I have now contacted the leasing co to change the colour of my car from Phantom Black to Ice Silver. Thanks for the pics slade777. The delivery time still says 29th April 2011 ESTIMATED and the car was ordered at the beginning of Oct. Ful spec is 3dr BE 170bhp, S-Tronic, Full Leather, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack. Can't wait, but won't be banking on an April delivery!

Glad to help mate. I love the Ice Silver so easy to look after and surprisingly rare, main colour ive seen is Ibis White followed by Black.

Few pics of a possible vinyl roof wrap im considering.
First photo is just a roof wrap in gloss black.
photo-25.jpg

Second is Roof, spoiler, mirrors and Lamin-X on headlights.
photo-26.jpg

Obviously they are only photoshops (done by other members in another thread:thumbsup:)

Any thoughts and comments are welcome??

I afraid if I had a white car I'd want a gloss black vinyl wrap all over it!! ;-):sadlike: Sorry folks I just don't do white, OK for Vans and Tippex! But of course it's a free country and your choice..:sign_omg:

Glad you got your car RB84 looks really nice.

Topic of the wrap and the Ibis, ive always had white cars just because you dont see that many and it was unique, not the case now a days so been thinking about the wrapping more and more just cant go for a standard colour. sorry Black is just company car to me having worked in offices with a sea of black cars in the car park. so i was thinking of something different and unique and came up with this..what's your thoughts on a black edition?

volvo-c30-polestar-performance-concept-02.jpg

if anyone can photo shop a SB this colour it would be much appreciated. :eyebrows:

You can have any colour with Audi Exclusive at a price. Agree with you that Black is very common but Silver more so.... IMHO Audis look best in neutral 'colours' and they are good for residual value too. Imagine how many private buyers hate yellow, orange, bright blue, beige and to a lesser degree white... For best financial returns a range from Black (Phantom pearlescent) to silver works best... if it's not your money or you don't care what the heck. Free choice.

Glad to help mate. I love the Ice Silver so easy to look after and surprisingly rare, main colour ive seen is Ibis White followed by Black.

Few pics of a possible vinyl roof wrap im considering.
First photo is just a roof wrap in gloss black.
photo-25.jpg

Second is Roof, spoiler, mirrors and Lamin-X on headlights.
photo-26.jpg

Obviously they are only photoshops (done by other members in another thread:thumbsup:)

Any thoughts and comments are welcome??

Its an Audi not a Vauxhall you just cannot have SILVER its yuk

Oh certainly not wanting to criticize peoples preference of colour i just enjoy being different thats all :)

Topic of the wrap and the Ibis, ive always had white cars just because you dont see that many and it was unique, not the case now a days so been thinking about the wrapping more and more just cant go for a standard colour. sorry Black is just company car to me having worked in offices with a sea of black cars in the car park. so i was thinking of something different and unique and came up with this..what's your thoughts on a black edition?

if anyone can photo shop a SB this colour it would be much appreciated. :eyebrows:

Really nice colour and nice alloys as well!! Look very similar to 599GTO Alloys
photo-27.jpg

Oh certainly not wanting to criticize peoples preference of colour i just enjoy being different thats all :)

Absolutely Richy ... It would be boring if all 8P's were the same colour... As my daughter says.. white is for Vans and Police Cars... Black ? Hearses and Limos...

Thanks Richy! Btw, back a few years ago I used to have a Clio 182 Cup in Racing Blue with the White Gordini Stripes. So I absolutely adore the blue of that Volvo!

Looks good doesn't it. If I manage to get one I'm having the roof vinyl wrapped in gloss black... its ok for you to have it done too though as you are far far away down south from me ;)

And the tyres are Bridgestone Potenza's, Diamond. I had a good look at this car if you couldn't tell lol

Cheers Matt!:thumbsup:

I guess my car will have those on it as it was only built one week after RB84's, but we see when the car get here.

Looks good doesn't it. If I manage to get one I'm having the roof vinyl wrapped in gloss black... its ok for you to have it done too though as you are far far away down south from me ;)

And the tyres are Bridgestone Potenza's, Diamond. I had a good look at this car if you couldn't tell lol

Matt, is there anything else I should know about my car? Thanks for fielding questions for me!

What would our Phantom one look like with a White roof??? Although with Open Sky that may not work.. ;-)

Well i managed to get about just fine past the BMW's, its allot easier to drive than the GTI i had before.

Hi all, Just ordered a new tdi 140 3door black edition so thought I would sign up here to see a few nice pics. Cars are looking great and I wasn't sure on the new wheels but they are growing on me the more I see them, just one quicky thou does the BE have bluetooth standard? as i'm sure one dealer was quoting that on their website but didnt think it did?

Brad

Mines has been stuck in the snow since friday, so yes FWD is pants! Not sure if quattro will make a difference as the tyres are low profile road jobbies! would love to know tho!

Hi all, Just ordered a new tdi 140 3door black edition so thought I would sign up here to see a few nice pics. Cars are looking great and I wasn't sure on the new wheels but they are growing on me the more I see them, just one quicky thou does the BE have bluetooth standard? as i'm sure one dealer was quoting that on their website but didnt think it did?

Hey Brad welcome, yes i understand that the BE has bluetooth now, lucky you..

Mines has been stuck in the snow since friday, so yes FWD is pants! Not sure if quattro will make a difference as the tyres are low profile road jobbies! would love to know tho!

Your kidding! mine has the 18's and its really good, is yours a TDI?

Thanks rich thats good news! shame the delivery date isn't. dont think i'm going to get the car untill at least May! can't believe it! so much for German efficiency! lol

Thanks rich thats good news! shame the delivery date isn't. dont think i'm going to get the car untill at least May! can't believe it! so much for German efficiency! lol

last 3 cars ive had took over 6 months.. to be fair though you could go get a Ford off the shelf but its nothing like the quality of the German cars, its well worth the wait and will fly by.

nope 2.0tfsi and on 18's as well! it is awful in the snow! took the remap off to try tame it but now the snow is deeper than the clearence of the front bumper! resorted to my qashqai which will be going soon! but been looking at an S5! that any good in the snow??

All our main cars are Audi with Quattro, the A/S5 is brilliant even with larger tyres than fitted to A3s 255/35x19. You still need to be careful but traction is considerably better than FWD which always fails to impress me even with an Audi. Try a new TT FWD with 19in wheels to see what I mean.

For serious winter driving if that's what you want a spare set of wheels with Winter tyres is the secret. Look at Canada/US/Scandanavia and other oparts of Europe and you will see many folks use winter tyres aand often of a smaller size/higher profile too.

Out Loaner FWD A3 is crap in this weather, hopefully when BE Quattro arrives in MArch (Week 7 Build) the snow will have gone.

Just had another update, My car was out of the factory on the 26th Nov and now waiting for a ship to come over.
Anyone know how long it take from this point to get to the dealers?

Days... Diamond... I would reckon on 2 weeks max but are you going to wait until 1 Jan to Register?:blush:

Last edited: