Black Edition

What loan car did you get pilot as we have one coming in January.

How do you go about getting them to provide you with a loan car? As I wouldn't be adverse to trading mine in now to get a better price for it and then be provided with a loan car till the new one arrived?

There is a section at the back of the brochure regarding courtesy cars, basically my car was ordered in Aug with a provisional del date of January then delayed until April/May now bought forward to March. They promise to keep you on the road if there is delays caused by them and I told my dealer that my current car is being sold in January so he checked with Audi Uk and confirmed that I am getting a courtesy car from then until I get mine.

Sorry if this seems a bit of a mouthful but typing on iPhone is murder.

How do you go about getting them to provide you with a loan car? As I wouldn't be adverse to trading mine in now to get a better price for it and then be provided with a loan car till the new one arrived?

Just checked and it is page 66 under 'new car delivery'

Just checked and it is page 66 under 'new car delivery'

What loan car did you get pilot as we have one coming in January.

It should have been an A4 but missus not keen on these (the A3 is her car as I have A5!) so local dealer is keeping us in various A3's :blackrs4:until March and recycling the Audi Loaner..

They all have LED rear lights now. mine does anyway..

Not quite... The side light part of the rear light is a LED light bar, the rest of the lights are conventional bulbs. (If you mean do they look like the new A4 lights then no not quite!!)

I thought so but I think they do look different from the 2008 (08) 8P ?2 we've just sold.... I think..

My A3 BE has finally been built and is due into Manchester Audi either today or tomorrow. GE (my company car lease company) have been notified and hopefully will have it delivered by early-mid next week. Can't wait even though I'll miss the Sat Nav and SD card slots of the A4 hire car...

My A3 BE has finally been built and is due into Manchester Audi either today or tomorrow. GE (my company car lease company) have been notified and hopefully will have it delivered by early-mid next week. Can't wait even though I'll miss the Sat Nav and SD card slots of the A4 hire car...

What was your built week?

My was built last week, going into the dealers today to find out where it is now and when its due into the dealers.

What was your built week?

My was built last week, going into the dealers today to find out where it is now and when its due into the dealers.

Week 45 mine was built, in Audi terms that's w/c 8th November as far as I know (although my calendar calls that week 46). Hopefully yours will be a max of 2 weeks away from being with you Diamond!
I've had confirmation that they can deliver the car on Monday, 29th Nov now.

Been down to the dealers today to see where my car is now. Part of the system was down so could not tell me where about my car was but can comfirm it as been built and was showing a forecast date to dealers 21/12/10. But he told me it will arrive earlier than that. So a few more weeks to wait then:(

He also told me to wait until the new year and pick up the car on the 3/01/11 that way it will be a 60 plate year 2011 which will make about £400 difference when i come to sell the car. Can also comfirm if things come to the worst a won't have to pay the VAT increase as i was price protected back in April by Audi.

In the mean time i still got the A4 hire car.

He also told me to wait until the new year and pick up the car on the 3/01/11 that way it will be a 60 plate year 2011 which will make about £400 difference when i come to sell the car. Can also comfirm if things come to the worst a won't have to pay the VAT increase as i was price protected back in April by Audi.

In the mean time i still got the A4 hire car.

A wise move, I reckon the year and Reg no change dates 01 Sept, 01 Jan and 01 March are dates worth waiting for:yes:. Anyone any other thoughts?

Confirmed delivery on the 29th Nov (Monday) and they will be taking away my A4 hire car the same day too.

Has anyone damaged anything on their hire car? I was lazy on a mini-roundabout and caught the kerb when going back on myself - one nicely damaged allow and a little chunk out of the tyre sidewall. This won't be fixed by the time they pick the car up. I've been told that they usually don't charge for anything that can be remedied for £200 or less, but we'll see!

Confirmed delivery on the 29th Nov (Monday) and they will be taking away my A4 hire car the same day too.

Has anyone damaged anything on their hire car? I was lazy on a mini-roundabout and caught the kerb when going back on myself - one nicely damaged allow and a little chunk out of the tyre sidewall. This won't be fixed by the time they pick the car up. I've been told that they usually don't charge for anything that can be remedied for £200 or less, but we'll see!

So is your car at the dealers now?

I thought that even though Audi price protected their prices for orders placed before their May price rise , this didn't extend to possible rises in vat . I hope that they do honour the increased vat rate themselves . Even though my cars arriving next week and this doesn't affect me i know that there are plenty that have had their cars pushed back into the new year and to pay the increased amount is very unfair .

My dealer told us Audi are reluctant to register many more new cars in 2010. Possibly paying the VAT increase to encourage people beyong January. Not sure I understand the logic unless there are some marketing. tax or spin advantages.

I would suggest that as they are a franchise of Audi uk that they have been given a kick back from Audi main on there targets based on them making a loss on cars in 2011 from what would have been forcast. if they can shift the bulk of sales into next year now it will give them a cresting wave effect on the finance sheet.

Sorry i work for Lloyds fiscal.

I would suggest that as they are a franchise of Audi uk that they have been given a kick back from Audi main on there targets based on them making a loss on cars in 2011 from what would have been forcast. if they can shift the bulk of sales into next year now it will give them a cresting wave effect on the finance sheet.

Sorry i work for Lloyds fiscal.

In plain english please Richy.. non comprendo.....

Do you mean Audi UK want the dealership to make a loss in 2010 and then make a larger profit in 2011... fiddling the HMRC perhaps????

No i think Audi UK have gone back to Audi 'oh its not fair we cant meet our quota now were going to have to be paying 2.5% more tax on every car" so Audi probably said ok well for ever car you sell in 2011 we will write off 2.5% from your expected quota so if they now sell the tail end of 2010's in the start of 2011 in stead they will be making an additional 2.5% over and above what they would have made in 2010.

Simples!

Anyone got any photo's of the Alcantara/Leather seat option? I'm trying to decide between that or maybe getting rid of a few options and going for the silver/black full leather instead.

No i think Audi UK have gone back to Audi 'oh its not fair we cant meet our quota now were going to have to be paying 2.5% more tax on every car" so Audi probably said ok well for ever car you sell in 2011 we will write off 2.5% from your expected quota so if they now sell the tail end of 2010's in the start of 2011 in stead they will be making an additional 2.5% over and above what they would have made in 2010.

Simples!

Makes sense plus gives the sales force at the dealer a head start to hit target and get their lovely commission.

Anyone got any photo's of the Alcantara/Leather seat option? I'm trying to decide between that or maybe getting rid of a few options and going for the silver/black full leather instead.

Take alook on audi.co.uk at a few used S3's the Leather Alc option is similar. Having had this option in an 05 and full vienna in an 08 (Free) we are going for standard Leather and Sprint Cloth, not sure its worth £470 for Alc as you will not see any money back.

I would spend your money on QUATTRO!!!:blackrs4:

Simples!

Thanks Richy.... I still don't really get it but am happy not to be having to pay 20% VAT to this '*******' government.

heres mine,

DSC_0760.jpg

Looks good, I like it. Went to Manchester Audi yesterday whilst I was down there for the football and got to see an Ibis Black Edition in the metal. Definitely what I am going for, works so well.

Still really tempted to go for the silver/black leather, reckon it would look brilliant in a white car! Got full leather at the moment and it looks that bit more special than half leather/cloth. I'm thinking about all this too much now :jump: Going to have to make a decision very soon.

heres mine,

DSC_0760.jpg

No smoking pack leaves a nice little area for a TomTom to be tucked. Can the ash trays be removed easily or would it just leave a big hole down to the transmission tunnel, struggling with my tomtom now the little pull out drawer has dissapeared on the new uns.

Does anyone know if the Sat Nav and Tech PAck will play DVD's ? The A5 does but I think it's next generation???

Nope it doesn't play dvd ... really poor in my opinion for over £500 system (can't remember how much I paid 1 1/2 Years ago)

Last edited:
My BE was delivered this morning, around 30 mins ago. The delivery driver of the truck had left Manchester this morning at 3am to get down for that time! He said that he would be travelling back up to Liverpool now to collect another car and then start another long drive again tomorrow morning at 3... good guy

My BE was delivered this morning, around 30 mins ago. The delivery driver of the truck had left Manchester this morning at 3am to get down for that time! He said that he would be travelling back up to Liverpool now to collect another car and then start another long drive again tomorrow morning at 3... good guy

Great to see you finally got your car. Please post some pics when you get time.

Would suggest he gets a bigger truck, he would have to drive less then!!!
Gets some pics up of your new car when you got it!! :thumbsup:

Great news!!! Question about BE... With Tech Pack (Nav and BT etc) do you get the Fin Aerial on the roof still? Our Loaner A3 SE/SB has BT but no cradle in armrest and no Fin on roof.. wonderered if the Tech PAck Nav and GPRS etc retained the aerial... Anyone know for sure??

It's not a Ibis white 3 door is it? Or a Sportback? I was at Manchester Audi on Saturday and chances are I'll have seen your car, they had a few sat there that had been prepared and waiting to go.

Just out of curiosity do you know if there is a fin aerial on the sportback with the open sky roof or is it built into the rear window?

After seeing the pics of slade777's Ice Silver BE on the previous page, I have now contacted the leasing co to change the colour of my car from Phantom Black to Ice Silver. Thanks for the pics slade777. The delivery time still says 29th April 2011 ESTIMATED and the car was ordered at the beginning of Oct. Ful spec is 3dr BE 170bhp, S-Tronic, Full Leather, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack. Can't wait, but won't be banking on an April delivery!