Black Edition

It may well be mate. Thats a bit cheeky keeping the price the same but isn't the Tech pack still cheaper than DVD Nav? If I remember right when I ordered back in May the Tech pack was about £1500 and DVD Nav over £1600?

Yeah, FBMFSW is standard and the Technology Pack is cheaper than DVD Sat Nav

Matt It is true! 1. Roof rails N-S are a permanent £200 fixture, bars are attached W-E to the rails!

The roof rails fitted are no problem it is when you put the Thule bars on to the rails that you cannot open the roof!! We should know as we are on our second (05 and 08) with third on it's way! :banghead:

oops... apologies mate, didnt read it properly, didnt realise you were on about bars and not rails.... doh....

N0 problem Matt....we've had a few roof box trips and it's a bit frustrating not being able to open the roof because of the rails!

Still a good option though IMHO. The stainless looks good against Phantom Black... not sure about Black and Balck on new order... ;-)

It may well be mate. Thats a bit cheeky keeping the price the same but isn't the Tech pack still cheaper than DVD Nav? If I remember right when I ordered back in May the Tech pack was about £1500 and DVD Nav over £1600?

Nav on it's own is cheaper than Tech PAck but add them all together and it is a no brainer. Also 2011 prices BE has increased by £200 to cover the BT addition but Tech pack for all (inc BE) stays the same.... WTF??

New suspension on and had a good run in her, the 50mm does give the car a better stance and i have to say that apart from the lack of a re bound after going over a speed bump i cant tell any difference from the s line set up at all. It does corner better though (may be in my head but feels like it).

only have a couple of shoddy mobile pics so far and she's dirty so thats tomorrows job but here's the testers.

IMG_1397.jpg

IMG_1398.jpg

Lame angles too i know.

Looks far better I must say, I was happy with my stance (Standard) but seeing that, I've changed my mind and want it lowered, soon!

AI really like it. Ive got the wheels in my pic below and those ones are really growing on me, Want some for winter wheels. Anyone know the price???

N0 problem Matt....we've had a few roof box trips and it's a bit frustrating not being able to open the roof because of the rails!

Still a good option though IMHO. The stainless looks good against Phantom Black... not sure about Black and Balck on new order... ;-)

You got any pics of yours???

Would really appreciate some piccies of the black edition in silver and white, preferably the sportback. Still can't make my mind up on the colour. Currently ordered Ibis White... Also thanks for the advice on the RNS-E guys, might adjust my order and have the tech pack fitted!!

Would really appreciate some piccies of the black edition in silver and white, preferably the sportback. Still can't make my mind up on the colour. Currently ordered Ibis White... Also thanks for the advice on the RNS-E guys, might adjust my order and have the tech pack fitted!!

I havent got a sportback but do have a Ice Silver Black Edition.

photo-22noplate.jpg

photo.jpg

IMG_0028.jpg

and finally my favourite pic...................

photo-23noplate-1.jpg

Hope it helps with the colour decision. I chose silver due to the easiness of looking after it and tbh i havent seen any others. The most common colours ive seen are white and black not surprisingly.

The BE comes with the FBMFSW doesn't it??? BT is now standard on BE but price of Tech Pack has remained the same!!

The multi-function wheel is standard on every moduel bar the base one - so SE, Sport & S-line.

Finally after ordering in early April got a call today telling me my car is been built today. YEAH!!!:jump:

Finally after ordering in early April got a call today telling me my car is been built today. YEAH!!!:jump:

Happy days! Your car is pretty much identical to mine so I know you'll love it!

Give it three weeks you'll be driving around in the new shiny wheels whilst being the happiest person on the planet!

Not be hearing anything from Audi , but I called them today(inspired by Diamond above) and the lady confirmed that it has a chassis number. I said is that a good , and she said yes it means it is built and on the way , but she couldn't tell me if it had arrived in the UK yet.
But sounds like they did build it last week so hopefully only a couple of weeks to go...I am at the dealers on saturday with my daughter who is test driving the A1.. so hopefully will get some news.

Thats good guys, finally some more cars coming through!

Saw an A1 at Derby Audi yesterday (when I went to get my car back after having a fault fixed) and it looked very nice. Hope the test drive goes OK and you get some good news!

Is there any one on here with an A3 Black Edition with the new 5 spoke wheels? We have one on order with a build week of 8 but wondered if anyone had actually got one with the new wheels.

Also we ordered condor Grey which according to the book and website isn't available on the Black Edition but the lease company we ordered from said Audi can do it in that colour, is he having me on or is this correct.

Is there any one on here with an A3 Black Edition with the new 5 spoke wheels? We have one on order with a build week of 8 but wondered if anyone had actually got one with the new wheels.

Also we ordered condor Grey which according to the book and website isn't available on the Black Edition but the lease company we ordered from said Audi can do it in that colour, is he having me on or is this correct.

Here is some of mine, sorry crappy phone cam. pics
IMG_20100820_083459.jpg

IMG_20100820_164456.jpg

Here is some of mine, sorry crappy phone cam. pics
Thanks, that looks nice, I was a bit worried as to how it would look but I think I prefer that over the old style ones, I've been keeping an eye out for one on the roads for ages as I drive all day long but had never seen them once, was beginning to think it was a misprint by Audi. Only another 4 months to go (already been 3).

Anyone know how long it take get from the factory once built to the dealers?

Does anyone know if the Sat Nav and Tech PAck will play DVD's ? The A5 does but I think it's next generation???

MY A3 SB BE 170 IN IBIS WHITE IS BEING BUIT NOW,
IM HOPING IT WILL LOOK IDENTICAL TO YOUR S3
GOOD LUCK WITH IT

Thanks, that looks nice, I was a bit worried as to how it would look but I think I prefer that over the old style ones, I've been keeping an eye out for one on the roads for ages as I drive all day long but had never seen them once, was beginning to think it was a misprint by Audi. Only another 4 months to go (already been 3).

Thanks and they are not quite as dark as I had hoped but they are very nice. I think the new RS5 wheels are pretty much the same but 19".

LOOKS FANTASTIC

Thanks, yes I do love it. Having moved from a coupe to a 3 door I wasn't sure on having a 5 door at first but needed it for practicality and have to say I prefer this to the 3 door! Tried to get a photo of the DRL's last night but didn't come out very well (need to get a good camera):

IMG_20101116_174142-1.jpg

MY A3 SB BE 170 IN IBIS WHITE IS BEING BUIT NOW,
IM HOPING IT WILL LOOK IDENTICAL TO YOUR S3
GOOD LUCK WITH IT

Cheers, it will look quite similar but there are slight differences between the two models. However, I am sure you will love it when you get it and good luck.

Tomorrow, my car will be delivered to the dealer the afternoon I'm going to settle the formalities

Tomorrow, my car will be delivered to the dealer the afternoon I'm going to settle the formalities

Hi,

When was your car built? My was week 46 as well built last Thursday, but still have not hear of anything been at the dealers yet.:(

The new alloys looks tacky. Prefer the old ones. And single tail pipe looks naff too!

I thought that at first too, think the wheels are a grower.

You were right, posted that comment back in July and now I've changed my mind and am looking at ordering a new Black Edition lol. I obviously just don't like change to begin with :tocktock:

Hi,

When was your car built? My was week 46 as well built last Thursday, but still have not hear of anything been at the dealers yet.:(
Mine was built on 11 Nov and left factory on 12th ...hoping it will arrive this week to take delivery next week ...

Wow, delivery height lol..

Looks good from what i can see of it, are you happy with it though more importantly?

Good to see Piot.. Nice Twin exhaust pipes too, can't wait. Quick Q. Do BE's have rear LEDs??

I have to admit to being slightly frustrated by the RS3 release at the moment. Ordered my Black Edition back in September and by the looks of things probably not going to have it until end of March. RS3's aren't even available to order until mid December for delivery in April!!
Audi need to sort out supply issues as they are either going to annoy current customers, or annoy the RS3 customers when they tell them that they actually won't get their cars until June!!!

Agree with you about delivery Matt. We ordered July and Build week is still week 7 so Mid March I reckon. At least we have a loan car now, traded in old 8P and got September PX Price for it and Audi paying VAT increase on new one so not too bad. Apparently Audi have given dealers a sum of money to appease loyal customers with and I think we have had our fair share of it!!

Audi seem to have got in a muddle and the dealers must be well hacked off.