Black Edition

Ordered my A3 SB BE 140 with a few bits & bobs in April with lease company. Today told that delivery will be March 2011 !!!

I think you hold the official audi-sport.net 'Longest wait time' award... that is absolutely terrible! I thought I had it bad ordering in February and getting delivery in December. Have they talked about the 'Audi Mobility Program' where they organise you a hire car from Audi so that you can use that until your A3 gets delivered? Any other talk of compensation?

I placed my order of an Ibis 2.0 TDI Quattro BE at the start of May.
I have now been told that it has been allocated build week 43 and i am getting a loan car free of charge from August until new car arrived in November. I was originaly told it would be with me 1st week of Sept.

Still not 100% on the new wheels either, but have requested about a free upgrade to the RS6 wheels - should i not like the look of the rotor wheels when i see them in the metal.

Last edited:
I placed my order of an Ibis 2.0 TDI Quattro BE at the start of May.
I have now been told that it has been allocated build week 43 and i am getting a loan car free of charge from August until new car arrived in November. I was originaly told it would be with me 1st week of Sept.

Still not 100% on the new wheels either, but have requested about a free upgrade to the RS6 wheels - should i not like the look of the rotor wheels when i see them in the metal.

Good work on the wheels. What are the RS6 wheels like? And have Audi confirmed this is OK to do?

Good work on the wheels. What are the RS6 wheels like? And have Audi confirmed this is OK to do?

They are now an option on the S-line A3. Im still waiting on an answer tho.
They have also said that they could swap the wheels out for a new set of the previous BE wheels aswel...

http://i925.photobucket.com/albums/ad92/sl22uk/NEWRS6WHEEL.jpg

NEWRS6WHEEL.jpg

Last edited:
If these RS6 wheels were in a dark titanium finish they would look the balls!

Well following on from the other guys on here getting there revised dates i have enquired again against mine and it has gone back also. Very sorry to say that its only a week though so now mid september. Feel pretty guilty about it as there are guys on here that ordered before April and have a much longer wait, Audis throw a 6 to start ordering system is very messed up!

I swapped my BMW today for a 2007 A3 sline and did a nice run to london and back, got a good 58.3 mpg (80mph av) out of it so happy with that as mine should be a little better.

A3 3Door Due Late 2011, A3 SB Due sometime 2012....But if they take as long to make as the BE expect them around 2015 ....

Yeah latest intel is that they'll start taking orders very late 2011 with deliveries starting early 2012. Only the 3-door to start with.

Well following on from the other guys on here getting there revised dates i have enquired again against mine and it has gone back also. Very sorry to say that its only a week though so now mid september. Feel pretty guilty about it as there are guys on here that ordered before April and have a much longer wait, Audis throw a 6 to start ordering system is very messed up!

I swapped my BMW today for a 2007 A3 sline and did a nice run to london and back, got a good 58.3 mpg (80mph av) out of it so happy with that as mine should be a little better.

I too checked again for an update yesterday and mine seems to have gone back a week, was originally going into production this week but is now next week, however I am told delivery for mid August is still OK? Not sure if this would be correct as I thought it takes about 4 weeks to make, ship and prep. etc? I also feel bad for the guys on here that are having to wait a long, long time especially the ones that ordered before me.

I also checked my car when i was at the dealers yesterday picking up my sister new car. My still down for week 45, but wouldn't surpised me if it got delay again.

Anyway here are some pic's of my sister A3 (MY11) S-line she picked up yesterday.
Also post some new bits that came on MY11.

DSC01083.jpg

DSC01113.jpg

Tinted Darker Rear lights:

DSC01106.jpg

High Gloss black vents:

DSC01107.jpg

New shape mirrors:

DSC01108.jpg

High gloss car panel:

DSC01110.jpg

Grey dials:

DSC01112.jpg

Last edited:
ow like the grey dials. didnt know about that change, like the B pillar too in gloss. cheers.

I placed my order in February but asked the dealer to hold off until we knew the MY11 was available which was week 26 I think. Looking at your stories I think I must have been very fortunate as my S3 SB BE is now waiting at the dealers for me. I have decided to wait until 01 September now for the new registrations so it's going to make next month a very long one.

I've had some good news. I have been assigned a temporary car while Audi take their time building the BE I ordered. I will be delivered an A4 on Monday 9th, and will keep me going until mid-october ish when the BE is due.

I will get back with details when i get the A4. Currently all I know is that it is an A4 saloon. I'm keeping everything crossed for a half decent spec'd one, but not sure that is likely. How do they decide what cars are provided? Is it pot luck, or will I get spec in line with the BE? ie s-line?

New to the site - registered today. After 23 years of driving Peugeot's it is time for a change - ordered new Audi A3 Black Edition May 2010, expected delivery September 2010.

I have been a member of the Peugeot Sport Club for over 20 years and looked at several Audi Owners sites - this one seems to be the best and I am looking forward to being a regular poster.

New to the site - registered today. After 23 years of driving Peugeot's it is time for a change - ordered new Audi A3 Black Edition May 2010, expected delivery September 2010.

I have been a member of the Peugeot Sport Club for over 20 years and looked at several Audi Owners sites - this one seems to be the best and I am looking forward to being a regular poster.

Welcome alone then john.

Petoz, my hire car from Audi is an A4 saloon 2.0tdi 143bhp SE. Has the tech pack so sat nav, parking sensors. From what my contact told me it is a case of what's available and who gets their request in first. I ordered a 2.0tdi 170 BE A3 for reference. Mine was delivered to me in Bracknell and came from Oxford. I ordered the A3 through Manchester. The guys delivering had no idea it wasn't the brand new car I had ordered and I think were surprised I was underwhelmed and not jumping for joy that my new car was here... lol
Not a bad car though and it has been insured under my companies insurance.

Just picked up my MY11 S3 BE - not been washed yet so first stop my local detailers…

:)

Just picked up my MY11 S3 BE - not been washed yet so first stop my local detailers…

:hubbahubba: Very, very nice! Could this be the first MY11 BE S3 in the UK?

The new alloys are deffo growing on me and they look darker than I thought which is good.

I now feel like ringing my dealer again to make sure car is on schedule, bet they will get p*ssed off me calling every week, but once a week isn't too bad is it??? :jump:

:hubbahubba: Very, very nice! Could this be the first MY11 BE S3 in the UK?

The new alloys are deffo growing on me and they look darker than I thought which is good.

I now feel like ringing my dealer again to make sure car is on schedule, bet they will get p*ssed off me calling every week, but once a week isn't too bad is it??? :jump:

Yeah, pleased with how the new alloys look. Always a bit worrying when you order something then find you are getting something different which you haven't even seen yet.

I'd just keep calling the dealer if I was you, I'm sure they're used to being hounded :)

looks beautiful mate.. makes me want to go down to the stealers and order another one... :hubbahubba:

the new wing mirrors are much better!! :sadlike:

When your giving them the best part of 35k, you should be entitled to ring them every ****** day :D

Yeah, pleased with how the new alloys look. Always a bit worrying when you order something then find you are getting something different which you haven't even seen yet.

I'd just keep calling the dealer if I was you, I'm sure they're used to being hounded :)

Yeah I know what you mean although think the other small changes they have made are good.

Thanks and gave the dealer a call again just before end of play so hope to hear back on Monday!

When your giving them the best part of 35k, you should be entitled to ring them every ****** day :D

Thanks mate that is true!! After my current car being such a let down and seeing all the pics of the new S3's I can't ****** wait!

Lovely looking motor, that's what I got coming! You got anymore pictures? Is it diesel?

Both of the MY11 3 door A3s look quality! Please post more pictures if you have more. The alloys look better than I thought, I definitely prefer them to the old ones now.

Can't wait to get mine in red :D

Yeah I agree, I was quite disappointed when I herd the news that they were changing the wheels but I must admit I'm looking forward to them now! Like the new B pillar, looks stunning in black gloss!