Black Edition

Unfortunately the BE wheels are a bitch to touch up. You cant get the colour code from Audi and the finish has a sort of matt look to it so finding grey matt paint to match is a mare!

good luck!

b*llocks!

thanks anyway

I've got 2 scrapes already on the CK's after 8 weeks and although really annoying to begin with, you get used to it. Unfortunately it's the potholes around me that did it, so hanging off on a refurb until they fill the holes. The anthracite CK's are very similar in colour to the BE alloys and I found an Audi colour touch up in Halfords that's not bad as a match. Will hide the silver underneath for the meantime anyway.

I've got 2 scrapes already on the CK's after 8 weeks and although really annoying to begin with, you get used to it. Unfortunately it's the potholes around me that did it, so hanging off on a refurb until they fill the holes. The anthracite CK's are very similar in colour to the BE alloys and I found an Audi colour touch up in Halfords that's not bad as a match. Will hide the silver underneath for the meantime anyway.

Paint code is 8AU, i have some if you want to come to Aberdeen.
Don't know where u can get matt laquer though

Dont want to appear dim, but what are CKs?

Essex Audi are quoting £44 per wheel to refurb, and apparently they can match the Black Edition alloy colour

What an arseache!

Hey!

Finally got my S3 Sportback Black Ed. Here are some photos:

25878_384535714033_511434033_364423.jpg

25878_384535314033_511434033_364423.jpg

25878_384535519033_511434033_364423.jpg

These are the photos when i got the car but since then i have got tints done on front windows, tv's in headrests with dvd player

Nshort10

Nice car nshort, I'm sure the Man City players would be shaking their head's regarding your front window tints though

Black Edition appears to have been removed from the car configurator, anyone know if its been removed full stop?

Adding the components separately adds around £1k to the price (compared to last month)

Black Edition appears to have been removed from the car configurator, anyone know if its been removed full stop?

Adding the components separately adds around £1k to the price (compared to last month)

This was discussed only a few replies ago. ;)

You can still order the BE as I did that myself earlier today!

Are pressed number plates legal? If so where is the best place to get one?

Just picked this up for the Mrs's 'MA10 REA'.

Just heard from Manchester Audi that my car is on its way :arco: I going to be delivered directly to my house on Friday. Was ordered on 17th Feb and build was confirmed just over 2 weeks ago...

Quoted by Audi dealership the grand sum of £112 per wheel to refurb my kerbed alloys! What a joke

Apparently they use 'Wicked Wheels' to do the service

unbelieveable

does anyone know where if and where you can get black mirrors for the S3 black edition as i dont really want to rip mine off spray them then put them back on or is this going to be the only way ?

does anyone know where if and where you can get black mirrors for the S3 black edition as i dont really want to rip mine off spray them then put them back on or is this going to be the only way ?

It's up to you mate. Personally, I'd call Audi, get a part number and look to buy an unpainted set as opposed to painting the alu ones. Painted will probably cost more though. I'm planning the same mod, but thinking of just ordering the mirror housings only. Think they should just screw off, just not sure if the mirror glass needs to come out as well. If I get a chance to find out price I'll let you know.

Last edited:
Just heard from Manchester Audi that my car is on its way :arco: I going to be delivered directly to my house on Friday. Was ordered on 17th Feb and build was confirmed just over 2 weeks ago...

Not long now - awesome news!

Update on mine is that it's now being routed through Manchester Audi as Slough Audi have been a joke since my order back in early February and were quoting late August/ early September delivery dates to me! Manchester should get mine to me by mid/ late July. I'm guessing it will be trailered down from Manchester to Bracknell? Not really bothered either way, just want my car!

Not long now - awesome news!

Update on mine is that it's now being routed through Manchester Audi as Slough Audi have been a joke since my order back in early February and were quoting late August/ early September delivery dates to me! Manchester should get mine to me by mid/ late July. I'm guessing it will be trailered down from Manchester to Bracknell? Not really bothered either way, just want my car!

Hope your not getting an ibis white! ;)

I ordered my sportback from Reading Audi late March & have an early June delivery date, i nearly went to Slough, glad i didn't now

Spoke to the service guys at Audi Docklands and they claim there's no such thing as touch-up paint for alloys. This is despite the paint code 8U being mentioned above.

Do you know what the Halfords colour code / name is for the BE alloys?
Thanks

My BE has now been traded in. Got £500 more in p/x than I paid for it. Dealer seemed very keen to get hold of it. They've put £1500 on the p/x price.

The main reason was the ridiculous suspension set up. Shook my fillings out every time I drove it. Thought I could live with it after the test drive..I couldn't. The car was very tiring to drive over a distance. That and the interior just grated on me after a time. I'd downsized and thought I could live without a decent interior spec, I couldn't! The interior is simply from a generation ago. It's well built, but I really missed all the things that make living with a car easier.

I've changed to an A5 Sportback, which ha a much better user interface, in every respect.

The main reason was the ridiculous suspension set up. Shook my fillings out every time I drove it. Thought I could live with it after the test drive..I couldn't. The car was very tiring to drive over a distance. That and the interior just grated on me after a time. I'd downsized and thought I could live without a decent interior spec, I couldn't! The interior is simply from a generation ago. It's well built, but I really missed all the things that make living with a car easier.

I've changed to an A5 Sportback, which ha a much better user interface, in every respect.

I hear you on the suspension... noticed it at the weekend. Going to try and live with it for the moment but time will tell...

Hope your not getting an ibis white! ;)

I ordered my sportback from Reading Audi late March & have an early June delivery date, i nearly went to Slough, glad i didn't now

Ibis white it is my friend! Why do you ask?

I'm sick of the Audi dealership system already and that's before I even get the car.

Well my 140 TDI Sportback BE was delivered today on the back of a flatbed :sm4:
What a cracking looking car they are in the flesh :yes:

First thing I spotted was the Alu inlays have come as piano black :tocktock: and hard boot liner has been supplied as the cheap flexi one. I'm tempted to leave the paino as it does look very good (in it's current new condition anyway) and although the dealer offered to change it he said he'd rather not because of risk of damaging other trim (?)

Anyway, the hard load liner is now on order but I've also discovered (just this evening) that my sound package upgrade, which I thought should have a 6cd headunit, doesn't. Nothing's changed here has it? I can't find my brochure but I'm sure when I specced the the car the sound package included the symphony hu?
Pretty shoddy from Audi to seemingly let so many cars go out not to spec. Mines a company car and things will be sorted but I'd be very unhappy if it was my £25k I just spent..

Anyway, my opinions of the car so far - the CR engine is refined but the ride is quite firm and a bit fidgety, the steering's typically Audi (very light) and the brakes are currently pretty poor (I'm hoping a few more miles on them will improve things) but other than that (!) I'm really pleased with it.

I'm really glad I went for the Alcantara seats - look great and really grip your backside, and the other nice touches such as the interior light pack and fantastic xenons (particularly on high beam on unlit roads) make it a nice place to be. I even got a nice surprise the first time I unlocked it tonight in the dark - I didn't realise the "come home" lights (or whatever they're called) also lit up the front fogs. Useful!

Looking forward to getting some serious miles under it's belt this Bank Holiday weekend! :racer:

Remember to post some pic's when you get chance.

First thing I spotted was the Alu inlays have come as piano black :tocktock: and hard boot liner has been supplied as the cheap flexi one. I'm tempted to leave the paino as it does look very good (in it's current new condition anyway) and although the dealer offered to change it he said he'd rather not because of risk of damaging other trim (?)

Anyway, the hard load liner is now on order but I've also discovered (just this evening) that my sound package upgrade, which I thought should have a 6cd headunit, doesn't. Nothing's changed here has it? I can't find my brochure but I'm sure when I specced the the car the sound package included the symphony hu?
Pretty shoddy from Audi to seemingly let so many cars go out not to spec. Mines a company car and things will be sorted but I'd be very unhappy if it was my £25k I just spent..

Anyway, my opinions of the car so far - the CR engine is refined but the ride is quite firm and a bit fidgety, the steering's typically Audi (very light) and the brakes are currently pretty poor (I'm hoping a few more miles on them will improve things) but other than that (!) I'm really pleased with it.

I'm really glad I went for the Alcantara seats - look great and really grip your backside, and the other nice touches such as the interior light pack and fantastic xenons (particularly on high beam on unlit roads) make it a nice place to be. I even got a nice surprise the first time I unlocked it tonight in the dark - I didn't realise the "come home" lights (or whatever they're called) also lit up the front fogs. Useful!

Looking forward to getting some serious miles under it's belt this Bank Holiday weekend! :racer:

Agreed on the poor quality control. My inlays were wrong and the engine designation removal I asked for wasnt done. I expect my order to be completed to the same quality as someone buying an R8!

did you get any pics when taking delivery?

enjoy the car pal

:

What is clear is that the brochure change from Dec 2009 to Jan 2010 was to remove the option to alter your inlays on the Black Edition. Despite my insistence they check with the factory and the inclusion of this option on my copy of the order, ALL Black Editions come with piano inlays. They're black after all. I hadn't even sat in the car on March 1st and spotted it in my S3 BE. Quickly pointed out and was promptly followed by several apologies. Car was back in a couple of weeks later to have the brushed aluminium replace the piano. OK, they now don't match the backs of the buckets, but I don't see the backs of the seats when I'm driving! Car was in for a day, job took a couple of hours at most. No damage whatsoever to any other trim. If I were you, I'd insist on them being changed.

★★★;975413 said:
Awesome car! :w00t:

What width and ET are the CK's, willmac? They look great on Suzuka!

Thanks for the comment. The ET is 44 on the CK's, 225 GoodYear F1 tyres fitted. Other tyre dimensions i do not have to hand at the moment but I am sure others with Cks will be able to give you these details.

very nice motor brett good camera work awsell :thumbsup:

did you get any pics when taking delivery?

enjoy the car pal

What a great feeling when this came round the corner....

DSC03263-1.jpg

DSC03264.jpg

DSC03269.jpg

Clocked up 500 miles since it came on Friday :sm4:

congrats flat6 lovely looking motor 500 miles you really must be enjoying it :icon_thumright:

Thanks, yes it's suprised me actually just how much I actually do like it. Good job actually as I've got it for four years and never managed to keep any car that long!

Despite all the talk on here about "rock hard" suspension I have to say although it's on the firm side it and is a bit fidgety over broken tarmac it's certainly not hard enough to "shake your fillings out". Depends what you're used to I suppose, but then other manufacturers do seem to be able to offer great handling and a relatively supple ride, so maybe Audi still can improve in this area..?

The engine's light years ahead of the older PDI units too in terms of refinement, noise, power delivery etc (which is the reason I dismissed the A3 when I was choosing a company car last time round). Overall I think it's a pretty good package, and was a no brainer really as a co car when you take emissions (tax) into account. The only down side has been wrong trim, wrong boot liner and wrong head unit (I went for Symphony but got Concert) so I just hope it's not a "Friday" car..