Black Edition

NorthernSoul

Reaction score
Hi folks, I'm new to the site, currently own a Focus ST-2 and am very close to ordering an A3 Sportback 2.0TFSI S-line. I'm keen to see a decent photo of the Black edition in black funnily enough.

Realise it's early days on these but if anyone has one could they upload pls.

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome mate!

Here's a pic that i found:
audi-a3-black-edition---uk.jpg

Looks tasty :D

TBH, pics never really show the curves and lines properly...

Need to get ringing the Audi dealers and see if they get any in!

So to make it a black edition they have put the black grille on, done the wheels a darker shade and fitted tints? Is that all?

If so then I reckon I could sort that on any A3 for less than £500! :rolleyes:

Window tints £200
Black grille £100
Wheel refurb £200

Sorted!

I think they should call it the grey edition because that will be a nightmare to keep clean! :)

You also get the xenon headlights as part of the Black Edition package, that's normally a £550 option.

Not sure where you can get the grille for £100, it's a £300 option and I think the price in ETKA isn't far off that.

Not a cost option but you also get the piano black dash inserts.

Stafford Audi quoted me £130 for the black optics grille for mine, maybe they have gone up on the new ones!

Sounds a good deal then if the Xenons are inc

i had a 1.8t black edition on order from east kent audi, recently was in a major car crash in my current car which is a write off, so have had to cancel my order and gone for a new car thats in shipment now, after seeing this picture makes me feel so glum :(:( still excited by all means though :rock:

i had a 1.8t black edition on order from east kent audi, recently was in a major car crash in my current car which is a write off, so have had to cancel my order and gone for a new car thats in shipment now, after seeing this picture makes me feel so glum :(:( still excited by all means though :rock:

Nasty mate, what have you gone for then?

I've just ordered a 2.0 TFSI Black Edition.

Only ordered it today though so mine ain't due til end of March!

I'm desperate to see a few pics of a 3-door in the flesh too.

Chris

Tints ruin the A3.

There is a Phantom Black S-line similar to mine that I see sometimes but it has tints on the side and rear windows. It looks ****** awful

I have been looking at a 170 quattro Black edition.

I think you get a lot for £950 above the Sline spec

It includes-

Flat bottom multi func wheel

Black Grill

Xenons with Led running

Piano Black trim

Rear Tints

Titanium coloured rs4 rims

Bose

I Love the photos of the black edition, I am tempted to go to my Audi dealer and get a cost to change for my car. Anybody got discounts on the black editions?

dark tints do look cheap but if slightly tinted looks good i think the privacy glass audi do looks awefull its to dark i no your not meant to tint the front windows but ive seen loads of cars mildly tinted all round looks much better

Tints ruin the A3.

There is a Phantom Black S-line similar to mine that I see sometimes but it has tints on the side and rear windows. It looks ****** awful

Not likeing that titanium edition one bit!

Its got S line badges but is as high a hummer, must be the rubbish US "bouncy" spec they have over there!

Also i notice they are runnning 225/40/18 tyres, my boss has just took delivery of a new S line sportback with those wheels and its running 235/40/18 so the US model seems to have higher suspension and less tyre!

I'm confused!

Not likeing that titanium edition one bit!

Its got S line badges but is as high a hummer, must be the rubbish US "bouncy" spec they have over there!

Also i notice they are runnning 225/40/18 tyres, my boss has just took delivery of a new S line sportback with those wheels and its running 235/40/18 so the US model seems to have higher suspension and less tyre!

I'm confused!

I don't think the colour of that one helps. That and the fact the Yanks can't get 3-door models I don't think.

Black Edition spec says 225/40/18. Standard S-Line suspension offers a 10mm drop from the Sport model.

Chris

I Love the photos of the black edition, I am tempted to go to my Audi dealer and get a cost to change for my car. Anybody got discounts on the black editions?
I got approx 2k knocked off the book price from Audi Aberdeen plus ipod dock and mudflaps chucked in..

The alloys on this Audi a3 look like the Honda Civic Wheels ...

civic-20-wheels.jpg

They Copied them......It's not like audi to do this kind of thing....:ermm:

check out the advert for the Black edition on the audi channel on sky.

it has some nice pics

i recorded it during the a3 sport back program.:greyrs4:

Just been told by my dealer that my order status is PRODUCTION CONFIRMED.

Any idea what that is? Is it on the production line? Has been built? The order's confirmed and they might build it some time later this year??

Chris

I'm still not a massive fan of the new facelift S-Line... I recently parked next to a black one in a multi storey. Don't like the re-positioned S-Line badges or mirrors. Definitely wouldn't swap my current S-Line for one but if i didn't already own one and could get one with a good discount i'd go for it. Black edition looks nice and the extras sound 'good value' (by Audi standards).

Anyone have any pics of the interior, with a shot of the flat bottomed steering wheel? Thanks

Apart from a shot of the paused tv advert I have on Sky+ .... I haven't seen any interior shots yet mate.

I've just taken a photo of flat bottomed steerring wheel from the advert, but it looks .... like a flat bottomed steering wheel!

I can post it up if you like?

Chris

Oh, and I would just add that the car in the tv advert looks much better than the stock pictures earlier in the thread.

It looks "mean as" with the LED DRL's
flamedevil.gif

Chris

Bleak...fed up looking at the crappy stock photo..

See you have production confirmed now...got a delivery date ?

Ordered mine nearly 4 weeks ago and not a peep...no rush for me as can't move on my current motor till mid April.

Bleak...fed up looking at the crappy stock photo..

See you have production confirmed now...got a delivery date ?

Ordered mine nearly 4 weeks ago and not a peep...no rush for me as can't move on my current motor till mid April.

Dealer suggested it'd be 2 or 3 weeks after production, so I'm hoping mid-March latest for delivery.

Build date confirmed - Week commencing 9th March !!!

The suspense is killing me - anyone got a decent photo yet ?!:jump:

Why not go for the S3 is there much price difference can get around 12% off a new one

Why not go for the S3 is there much price difference can get around 12% off a new one
just personal choice....not really about the cash...although cheaper running costs & insurance did influence me...the S-line will do me just fine ta !