Black Edition Wheel Colour

A4SLineJC

Reaction score
Has anyone had their wheels refurbed to match the quartz titanium colour used on current black edition wheels, if so what colour/paint code did you use? Thanks

I got Audi to do my new S3 wheels in the BE colour.

I don't know what the code is, but a lot of Audi dealerships now offer a wheel refurb facility. They charged me £50 a wheel - that was just painitng, since the wheels were new there was no kerbing to fix.

Might be worth giving your local dealer a call

Wheels are with a local company, they've just repaired the kerb marks etc... and where about to spray them when I had a change on the colour, will give dealers a call and see if they will give me the paint code, fingers crossed!!

yep would be great if you can post the paint code for the black edition wheels, as i might get my wheels refurb'd in the summer :yum:

any luck with the paint code for the black edition wheels? :think: anyone else refurb'd their wheels like this?

Igot mine done in that colour on MY07 dolphin grey S3. Looks really nice. looks the same colour as my difuser and bottom front section of my bumper

Ours appear to be two colours. The Rotors are a darker Titanium colour and the rim is more silver.

Paint code for the black edition rs4 style wheels is L8AU for anyone interested. I got myself some of this paint for refurbing my wheels

where did you get it from and can it be used for powder coating

My local motor factors mixed it for me. It can probably be bought on the internet, if not you can get it mixed easily enough.

Yup, you should be able to use it for powder coating

I have heard there are different finishes to consider too...any info on this? i want to get the same finish as the new black edition rs wheels.
Is it a matt finish?

Matting agent is mixed into the lacquer to give the matt finish. I gave the L8AU paint code to the motor factors and they have software which shows the quantity of paint, matt agent and lacquer to be used

so can this be individually specified than?or do you mean when giving this code you get the exact same color as what on the new rs wheels? i just want the same look as the new rs wheels.if you have any pics of ur wheels after the refurb that would give a good indication. I am sending mine in for a refurb next week so dont want to be messing around getting the colour right

so can this be individually specified than?or do you mean when giving this code you get the exact same color as what on the new rs wheels? i just want the same look as the new rs wheels.if you have any pics of ur wheels after the refurb that would give a good indication. I am sending mine in for a refurb next week so dont want to be messing around getting the colour right

If you give them the paint code you should get the same colour and finish. I'm hoping to refurb mine this week so I'll get pics up then

Anyone know a good place to get wheels refurbished in east sussex? I'm near Hastings